Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Etc.

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Update!

Thanks Aresius :) we'll see, might be just decoration, might make it an impulse.. don't know yet :)

Had some time last night to get some more detail done

I'm trying to keep my spirits up on this so I can finish it .. becasue i need some experiance on complex curves, and sphere's etc that are on this.. Not Easy is a word...

more on this latter
    98566.jpg98567.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    patience, take your time. better to take forever and get it right, than try to rush and end up scrapping it out of frustration.

Bit more work on her.. worked on the warp ring a bit ( made the internals for it.. still sorting out the final shapes etc.) and started on the lower main hull. definatly not done yet with that.. need to get it to smoothly transit in to the neck.. and stuff... Love a challenge! ( if its not too challenging!)
    98578.jpg
    really loving how this ship is coming together man.
    Well I HAVE been working on this.. but its been mostly rebuilding the Neck and Lower part of the hull for what must be literally 50 times.. and still going.. I think I'm on the right track now. .just needs a bit more refining.. but .. havent given up on this.. which is good :)

so couple of renders to see where I'm at.. completly redone the neck.. looks alot closer to the refs to me, and better in general.. still needs some stuff. but steady on :)
    98786.jpg98787.jpg
    awesome work.
    bit more done today.. happiness factor of about a 6.. so far on the details.. I'll work on it :)

redone the neck (again...) and this is Almost the final product.. just working on the conections to the primary hull and the eng hull.. so.. :)

more next week!
    98793.jpg98794.jpg
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Lookin totally cool!!! Anticipating where you take this. :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice updates here.
  • SchmidtFGSchmidtFG188 Posts: 197Member
    Beautiful design VALKYRIE! The basic shape reminds me of Stiletto from Freelancer and I loved that ship. Keep it up!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    YouA’re doing a good work!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work as always is it the same as in star trek enterprise the back section of the ship looks diffrent?
    Its not from Enterprise, its from a sketch from John Eaves for a potential Star Trek Online ship.. ( though it is inspired by it :)) So to me, how I'm building this is a Post- Nemesis design not Pre-Tos :)
    Done working on a private project.. so getting back in to it..

so.. Here's the Ivalace Class .. designed by Galen/Kaden ( good stuff!)

been working on this abit.. the Saucer and Eng hull are almost fleshed out, working on the Naccelles
    after this ship.. something big I think.. or finish of the myriad of droped projects maybe!!

EDIT: forgot to put up the plans i'm goin off of :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Not bad... looks like a good start.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Cool, this is my favourite design from Galen/Kaden, and it's shaping up really nicely in 3D.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Thanks!
    more work on her :)
    worked on the warp engines.. getting everything smoothed out and looking good :)

next? sheild grid maybe.. we'll see :)

Pictures!
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Nice start !!

Here are some 3d drafts I made way back to help with the shape for the drawings, might also give you some ideas for shapes.

Look forward to seeing more!
    100052.png100053.png
    oooh! some nice profile pics! solves a few problems i've been having! Much Thanks!

question.. where is the torpedo launchers on this? front and back??

I'll make sure to give you a copy when I'm done!
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    We put one on the back (at one end of the dual phasers) and 3 on the front (two on the saucer on either side of the diamond like sensor parts and one on the underside on the part behind the registry). You should be able to see them on Galen's drawing.

I figured its small and quick enough to just have the one at the back.

oh haha the rear shuttle bay, the shuttle pods come into it upside down!
    Thanks much! i see them now :)

finalizing the eng hull.. more complicated than it looks.. either that or I'm gettign senile! :)

More soon!
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Before I ever saw this class, I had designed a more future based sketch for James Midsen's thread that looks eerily similar to this. I think I fancy the layout and I'm glad to see you taking a crack at another lesser known ship. Nice work so far. :thumb:
    More work.. started on the bridge/pit area on the top of the hull.. ( actually redo.. forgot to save and lost 30 min of work! grrrrr) so continuing on

finish out that area latter today, but seeing Die Hard 23 Die Hardererererer tonight !:rolleyes:

Thanks guys!
    Shuttlebays! YAY!

and yes... the mini bay in the middle is Upside down! ( according to the designer... ... okay!)

not much room in there ( then again.. not an overly large ship to begin with (120 meter? haven't measured yet))

so more latter!
    some work on the bridge/spine area last night.. just need to figure out what to do with the bridge dome.. egh

Big render!
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Coming along nicely! :thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    looking slick!
    no hurry with this (obviously!) worked some on the lower saucer section.. cargo bay doors, main torpedo launcher and greeble pit ..pits.. :)

so going nicely.. just slowly :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Is that a forward torpedo launcher before the engineering hull?

Nice work.
    Okay, Deceided to concentrate this month on all my models that I have Abandoned!

So, this "Renewal" is concentrating on 4 ships, The Norway class, Sabre Class, Steamrunner Class, and My Romulan ship, Ivarix Class!

There all mostly done, but most are 3 years old or more, and I've come a long way since then, and I'm tweaking them! Most just need textures and details finished.

Been meaning to do this for awhile, and am going to tackle these before I start something new!

Since there's a limit to images on here, here are images of the ships from the past!!

First Contact Ships

Ivarix Class

So working on the Norway, and Ivarix some large renders of the Ivarix!
    105108.jpg105109.jpg105110.jpg