Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Etc.

• RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    One of my favorite designs of all time, and pretty much the only good thing of Star Trek Legacy. I agree with Basill in that the nacelles look better sideways, but I like them anyway. :D Looking forward for more!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    ...Okay, quick build ( i hope) of the strider class.. found this surfing, some game ship from somewhere...

She came from here, I believe: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-aftermath-bc-version/images/strider-class-scout2#imagebox ;)
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Okay.. tried the sideways nacelle.. still don't like it... but lengthened the pylons a bit

most of today installing a shuttle bay.. room for 2 shuttles... and the "runway" can sit a cargo shuttle and the nave deflector

measuring it at 150 meters long ( saucer edge being 1 deck 3.5 meters or so) 3 deck saucer not counting the bridge

so some renders.. more tommorow!
    Thanks all!
    The lengthened pylons fits better.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I like it! Small ships are way underutilized in Trek, IMO. I'm kinda partial to any I see. :thumb:
    Thanks all.. !

pulled a page out of Basill's book and added the cargo bay section with a sliding section of the hull as a door for quicker access :)

not that much cargo, 8 bee's worth.. also bee storage is here, 1 per side ( other side is mirrored of this) guess that would give this ship maybe 6 months of stores or so.

so.. more renders :)
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Heh. "bee's worth." Me like. :D
    he he :)

Put down some textures on the shuttle bay, landing strip and cargo bays ( probably not final.. epecially the landing strip..but its there..)

Thanks!
    done some more work.. added a bridge area.. made a change.. not using a connie bridge, but a modified excellsior bridge.. kinda loped off the tail and put in a docking port..

not much else so far.. have a front and side render to show how the upright nacelles look better... (well to me) :P

more latter!
    The updates are good. :)

Niptick: looks like you need to align (center) a few things. Looks at the phaser "on top" of the deflector. ;)

Suggestion: Maybe to change a bit the deflectorA’s shape? Here it goes my suggestion.
    94788.JPG
    I like it, but I'm kinda torn. Would it look better with a classic circular saucer or better with what you have now? Hmm. Everything else works together really well, though. :)
    Thanks Starship.. but this era of ships to my knowledge only have circles and ovals... so i'll stick to the circle, but i like ur idea :)

worked on the impulse and warp crystal area today... giving it a oberth type impulse engine :)

work on it more latter.. Thanks all!
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I realise the hatch is a fairly efficient way of gaining access to those side bays, but wouldn't it look a lot nicer (and more technologically sophisticated) if the doors were split in two and rose up, out and to the sides, so they were flush with the hull? A bit like train doors: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/02/article-0-0AA991F3000005DC-345_468x286.jpg

The way you've got them at the moment makes me think that the process of loading and unloading cargo would be hampered by having to constantly take note of where those giant doors are, and to my mind it just looks a bit too low tech.
    hmm.. thanks Pearse.. I'll look into it :) yeah.. just thought of some careless or drunken bee driver go whoops...knocked into your door.. Sorry! :D
    okay.. guess its a big update! lotta work done ( for once) redone the impulse area ( sorry to the guys who liked it previously.. I think its better now ) also started on the saucer, added the rcs quads, and installed the forward torpedo launchers ( booleans didn't work, so the front cutout was a bit of a pain!!) and added the gantry doors to the saucer, and a couple of airlocks to the eng hull

bit better renders due to having all night to do it instead of 5 minutes

using today to clean up the apt, so don't know how much of an update for latter.. ( IT NEEDS IT!!)

Thanks all!!
    She's certainly looking... robust. Of course, like all Starfleet ships, she has her "best sides." I really like the first two perspective shots, but the orthographic views don't quite do her justice. I like the new impulse deck too.

I find it interesting, you put the main gangway directly between the reaction control thrusters? Is that because it is the only area on the saucer roughly parallel to length of the ship?

As for those cargo bay doors, I think you could get away with some really nice roll-away doors that roll back towards the ship's center line but fold down sharply before that niche you have carved out for the shuttle bay. The only real reason to have a full out door like I've placed on the McCook and since on the Dennis Bailey's Enterprise (besides trying to look cool as if it does something when in space dock), is that it actually functions as a landing platform when extended and is the eventual deck of the bay when closed. On the McCook anyway. Not exactly sure what it really even did on the Enterprise in The Motion Picture but I'm always trying to emulate something. ;)
    thought about the sliding roller doors, but then thought that this ship is primarilly a scout/destroyer/picket ship, so its a bit of a warship.. so requireing Some type of heaver arrmor .. or atleast think that way abit! :)

I'll look into it if i can't think of anything else, a person above mentioned just sliding it along the hull instead of straight up.. which could work :)

Thanks! and yeah.. don't like the side profile to much myself.. someone said it looks like a pelican!! hehe
    Oh, I don't know. That side view is kinda cute. A pelican though... Heh. Hadn't thought of that but, yeah I can see it. Great. Now I'm craving Fruit Loops. ;) (Yeah, I know... He's a toucan not a pelican, but one always makes me think of the other)

Its actually the front side that sort of strikes me as most odd (though, that's not a bad thing).
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm. Interesting ship there.
    bit of an update.. put on the sensor strip ( saucer) and rim windows, and the top shield grid... so still go t the lower shield grid for the saucer and the eng section.. not to much left i guess...

Thanks all!!
  • DoomspongeDoomsponge0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah! Now it's really starting to come together. Nice little ship.
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    Shaping up great mate!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Definitly one of her good angles. Looking real good there. :D
    Thanks all!!, bit of an update!!

finished up with the shield grid for the lower saucer and eng hull, put the sensor strips on the eng hull as well

now .. whats left.. put a bit of detail in the warp cutout, some tractor emiters here and there few details here and there.. then off to textureing! so, with luck ( and enough free time) should be done with this by the end of the week! then off to the Vespa!
    couple more renders.. added some lights, and finished the UVing of the whole ship.. also added some tractor emiters to the back ( thats what i'm calling them.. there all over the back of the reliant.. so. Sure... tractor beam emitters..) and added some emitters to the landing deck ( to keep the large shuttle, cargo etc. in place at speed) working on the eng hull windows and some textures atm.. so more latter today!

Thanks!
    Sweet details. :D
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    This is a nifty little ship! Enjoying watching this one progress :)
    Thanks guys, and girls :)

cut in the windows for the eng hull, and started on the textures a bit.. and Named her the Sirocco !

bout all thats left modeling wise is those cutouts in the upper saucer.. they have cargo landing pads on them on the game model, so probably do that, but the texture on the walls looks like a light or something.. so have to think of something to go there.. don't know yet.... :)

better renders latter.. its late!! :)
    better renders.. still working on the decals... egh... bottom's fine, top is wacked... i'll fix it latter today!

need to put some rooms in there as well.. not to much left :)
    I really like the way you did the phasers. Great update! :thumb: