Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Etc.

VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
edited March 2014 in Work in Progress #1
well , start a new thread for all my various ships that i'll be cranking out, and to make it easy, slap them all in this 1 thread, unless its a major build (ambassador, galaxy etc.)

So first up, is a Akyazi class! I've been wanting to do for awhile (even have a resin model of it from.. oh.. a decade ago (and still unbuilt.. for shame) just haven't gotten round to it till now (and drooling over Basill's one... love the ones in the space dock I have that one as a Wallpaper at work!) .. had some time to kill at work and started on this thing.. spent a long time to get the saucer right (PITA!) and moveing from part to part

got the saucer, support struts, engineering pod, and pylons (still details and vents to put in, but smoothed out..) next is the ever chalenging naccelles.. especially the TMP era ones... textures are temp... not even uv'ed yet..:confused:

so.. Pictures! more latter..
105271.jpg
Post edited by VALKYRIE013 on
Tagged:

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Hehee have fun with the nacelles :D

Looking very good so far though!
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I always hoped this one would get a "Star Trek: Online" / TNG Relaunch-era refit.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    i think of how to refit her.. and just can't think of something that doesn't look cheesy.. i'll look in to it might go defiant on it.. for system defense.. overloaded with weapons and sheilds... ... somethings just came to mind for it... i'll look at it :) first this ship and the one with the deflector spire (the long pylon on the botton on some blueprints..) i'll keep it in mind :)
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good. That's a really nice start. I especially like the saucer section. From what you have so far, it doesn't appear the the nacelles should prove too difficult. Still, it's a fun challenge. Akyazi high five! :D
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm a fan of Mastercom. This is certainly a nice start!
    Well, back at it again.. worked on the nacelles last night .. and got to say.. worse than TMP naccelles... the back isn't that bad, but the front is a pain to get right ( and i still think its a bit wrong.... might redo it again.. but close as i can get it right now) still missing the sheild/warp reflector/ rectangle.. and details like the front/side grilles.. but basic shape is in, and going with that..

so some pictures, and i'll continue slowly on this

Thanks for the comments!

so now, Pictures!
    well, redone the warp naccelles and added all the fiddly bits to it.. PITA to get the front grill in! but, all done, just some navigation lights to put in on the nacelles, and there done (appart from texturing.. :) )

next is all the detals.. all the basics are modeled, now for all the bits and vents and panels on everything :)

for now

Pictures!!
    That's really coming together nicely. I always wanted to do one more version that featured that other saucer edge angle and slightly different variation of the nacelle/pylon connector.

Now that you have the basics out of the way, details really are the fun part.

Impressive. :D
    Coming from the person that has the ultimate version... Thank you..

yeah, allready built a TMP shuttle for another project, now i can put it in the "bat cave" part of the ship :)

The saucer and the naccelles were the hardest to do, getting the shape right.. now to build the variants of the saucer and nacelles! ( oh please not right now!)

haveing fun, and will continue.. Thanks for the Comments!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    This one's looking really good already :thumb: I like this particular vessel because it's a bit different from the other starfleet ships. Can't wait to see this one finished and textured properly !
    quick post.. couple of renders with the TMP shuttle in the crawl space :)

more work on it today, Enjoy!
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Wowsers, talk about some careful flying to get in there! :cool:
    well, finished up detailing the pylons, connector tubes, and added some photon torpedo tubes and whatnots to the front!

moving along slowly, still have the back of the saucer and the shield grid to put in ( tuesday maybe...:flippy:) then the fun of decaling and texturing... need to build a space station for this thing.. tmp era one.. have a comunication/radio telescope station, but need something bigger maybe like the j class that the constitution class could ( barely) fit in from the starfleet musieum.. something of a home base for the akyazi ... and her sisters.. we'll see :)

for now Pictures!
    See, I told you details were fun. :D

I love that shuttle. Much further along than mine got. Interesting, the "dashy" deflector you have there.
    thought the dashes around the deflector on the refit Ent. ... they serve some purpose other than looking cool!

details yes... finishing that darn pylon.. not so much.. that bottom vent was a pain due to the twist.. should have planned it out better in the begining.. live and learn!

I built the shuttle when i built my (now defunct) excellsior.. and use i when i'm modeling in this time period.. took my time on it, so turned out well :)
    Yay! got a chance to work on her some more.. made a good dent in the details of the saucer.. front and rear torpedo lauchers, vents and do dads for the rear laucher ( which you can't see to well in the pics.. have to fix that on the next render...) added the sensor pallets to the back side, the workbee storage door and lifeboat.. worked on the docking ports.. need to do the door again.. the one i have is grossly wrong... added detail to the bridge docking port.. again door is MIA... the 4 windows on the saucer, below the docking port.. thinking of a small botanical garden.. say 1000 sq feet (average apartment size) for the crew to relax not as big as the Enterprise one, but atleast something for the few months on tour.. not like this thing has many windows!! still have to think of what to do for a confernce/vip/messhall aft of the bridge... on the plans there's only 1 rectangle hole (weird) and Basill's version has full on windows... so i'll give it some thought...

so left to do is the sheild grid on the saucer and a few here's and there's and then i'm down to texturings..! should be this week end finished.. ( might.. who knows...should have plenty of time on it..)

So now Pictures!

And Thanks for all the good comments!
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Looking good so far!
    The detailing on the underside aft of the saucer is especially top notch!
    Say Hi to the USS Lolana! NCC-1942 only so many numbers between 1701 and 2000...

Lolana, Hawaiian for Hawk (appropriate for a perimeter action destroyer/frigate)

.. well docking ports are done, and added some more lights so ya'll can see the details of the ports, and the underside torpedo laucher

Some decaling, ncc and name decals on some places.. the dorsal saucer is next for the name.

other than that.. not much.. next is more text decaling, and then the shield grid (yes i'm delaying on purpose.. no love for the grid!)

for now Pictures! Enjoy!
    well, finished the name decal ( such a pain... booleans in maya can be a bastard.. works sometimes.. if it doesn't screw up the entire geometry.. but i think thats just a 2009 problem... need to upgrade someday!)

so some name.. bout it.. most of whats left is the shield grid and thinking of a lounge window setup.. and thats bout it

for now Pictures!
    well, top side sheild grid is installed, so is the sensor strip.. .. not much else, working on the bottomside, and the rcs thrusters..

yes.. i've already corrected the forward phaser bank.. its centered now :) love how you find out that you messed up on renders :)

Thanks for the Coments!

Pictures!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work valk
    Thanks Aylaa!

well, finished the shield grid for the ventral saucer.. looks good, went faster than i thought, learning from the top side how to speed it up..

sorry bout the quality, 1 i had burn overnight... and took hour 13 min to render.. while my work computer takes.... 15 minutes to render the same one... 2nd is just preview quality.. sorry for that.. gotta feed the gremlins sometimes... :) my home computer needs to be upgraded....whenever the hell i get some monies!

anyways..

just some here's and theres and texturing and she's done!

for now.. Pictures!
    updated the last render.. better quality :)

and added another, with the shuttle turned on to show it..

More latter!
    okay, got a good chunk done today.. off hand a few bits here or there and texturing... is left..

whats done..

side cargo port is in

lifeboats are placed.. need to work on the color abit..

lounge windows are placed above docking port.. tried multipule versions of windows on top below the bridge docking port.. nothing really looked that good.. but this one has the simpleness to it and similar to the one in the TMP.. :)

and finally, the phasers are updated.. using the JJprise as insperation.. got tired of the phaser nipples... (pun intended)

other than that... not much left (yes i know.. been saying that.. keep finding stuff to improve. which isn't bad :) )

so Pictures! and enjoy!

as for comments.... I can hear you breathing! Say Hi! :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that was quick ! The placement of the weapons on the pod seems a bit awkward but otherwise it's a really well-done ship. Keep it up !
    Nice headlights :D
    Looking real good. :D Although I'm quite fond of nipples, (phasers- get your minds out of the gutter! ; ) ) I do like those phasers, they're pretty cool. JJ Trek didn't impress me too much, but I do like that style of phaser.

Have you thought about rounding the corners on the lower deck windows to match the upper deck? Maybe it's just me, but they seem to clash a little. Something tells me that if they went to the trouble to do one set like that they might do the same for the others, if not for structural reasons then for sheer aesthetics.

Either way, it's all coming together very well. I LOVE the shuttle and the little aft cargo details. But that is what my mindset tends to gravitate toward anyway. Great work! :D
    Thanks for the Comments!

not to much so far today, done some lighting, and added the lounge.. didn't have any trees or bushes on file,and that they would balloon the render to imposible right now... so the lower botanical garden is just another lounge right now.. but bigger than the upper lounge..

nice pic of looking out the upper lounge!

more latter!

EDIT: added an ortho for those of you that like those!
    Approaching kewlness. Kewlness achieved.
    Nice, that docking port looks real good! And the lounge is a nice touch, I especially like that, for a change, you actually see something of the ship from there :)

Is there any particular reason why the impulse deflection crystal is scaled like that, that you are aware of?

Oh also...just a tiny request...with the awfully deep looking docking port, would it be possible to make the walls of the lounge a bit, err thicker?
    Right now they look oh so fragile that I wonder why they went through such trouble to make the docking port safe ;)