Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Etc.

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Done!

now.. i have an idea for a good wallpaper, but the next thing i need to do build the shuttlecraft and fighters, so , as the ship is done, the job is not quite complete yet! (never is... is it?)

done some detail on the deflector dish, redone the windows for the sphere ( not really redone, just cleaned up the booleans.. PITA!) and of course, textures! used the TOS Ent as an insperation for the dirt lines.. on most of the panel lines... egh..

so.. The Galatea!
  • daibakadaibaka171 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic! Can't wait to see the shuttles and fighters. Are you planning to tackle any of the interiors?
    shuttlebay and vip lounge aft the bridge is in already, i have rooms avalable to put in, might, might not... we'll see :)
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    I really like this ship. It's a fun design and superb execution. But why would you name a ship class Icarus? That's just asking for it. Seriously, though, awesome job.
    Thanks Guys/Girls!

yeah, Named mine the Galatea :)

last set before i move on to the shuttle, redone the dirt map for the saucer to bring it more inline with the rest of the ship, that and the close up shot of the eng docking port!

Thanks! more latter!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Great model Valkyrie ! I was never a big fan of the design but the model and texturing are top-notch :thumb:
    well got some work done on the shuttle, bout all thats left is some penants and names ... wish me luck on the name swoosh... O_o

after that is some texturing.. shouldn't take to long.. don't know what i'm doing tonight.. so i might do some work on her.. so More latter!!
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Some beautiful work VALKYRIE013! I always liked the Akyazi class.. the one you did I think if I remember correctly is the Akula class? It has the extra goodies on the engine. Great texture work too... one of the things I'm looking to figure out in time. :D
    http://picasaweb.google.com/valkyrie013

finally loaded up all my old wip images up to picasaweb, so for those of you looking, Please enjoy!
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting take in the shuttle looking forward to seeing that one finished. Also the Galatea is a great piece of texture work. I like the amount of detail you were able to put into the ship.

Will you also work on some of the ships in the link you provided. Since I see some unfinished ships :) I even recognise the NT class... think I made a cut out of it but then under Somerset class.
    yeah, i plan on finishing up that one next after the shuttles are done, I put Way to much work detailing the nt to abandon her as is :) basically just have to texture her, and to get her lit up!

Thanks!
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    Great work on this one, Valk! :)

About the pictures you uploaded: That Scout class looks inteesting. Was it ever finished?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    As was said above, interesting shuttle. Assuming twenty foot length as for the Enterprise shuttlepod, it gives the idea some extensions to range...

Meaning a greater chance of survival if life support hasn't been improved. I see your design as being in between the shuttle pod, and Reverend's Voyagaer Class shuttle craft - which I figure to be 22 feet long. I also figure that Reverend's shuttle craft as having improved life support.

but your? Not quite as yet.
    @Bell yeah it was fininished but that was my first attempt at texturing and stuff, i'm alot better now, so i'll go back and do her better latter.. as you can see i have a few left that i didn't even get to the texture part! Thats what I used to do, get all the modeling done, then when it came to texturing, i abandoned it cuz i sucked at texturing, and really didn't want to do it! now i'm better at it and am going back to my old ones and redoing them to better quallity! So in the end, i'll get to it!!
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,979Member
    Your skills evolved a lot my friend! ItA’s a dammed nice lilA’ ship. ;)
    Thanks Starship! i'm seeing it myself, and i'm thrilled about it!

Thanks all!

more shuttle work.. kind of slow right now, but all thats left is some texture work , dirt map etc. then i'm going to finish up the nt class Then i'm going to make a hell of a wallpaper! might take awhile, getting kind of burnt out a bit.. but might keep going to finish this up!

till then pictures!
    Looking better. So what are the shuttle's stats?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice shuttle design...
    more for the etc. files!

for the shuttles stats? don't know, thinking warp 2 capable for 12 hours, crew of 2, carry 7, not really planing to do the interior, but never know!

The Amarillo class from the starfleet museum!

This is for my wallpaper idea.. Have an Icarus class (Galatea) (posibibly the wasp class aswell) come upon an old battleground from the romulan war.. have the nt, this one 1 or 2 more earth vessels, and a couple romulan hulls..
    So for that i need to build some war era ships, both earth and romulan (maybe you'll see a ring ship in there somwhere as well.. Thinking Massive here! )

so for now, the Amarillo.. got all the shapes in, and some details, warp engines are near complete except for some paneling.. i'm trying to stick close to Maszaki's plans, but they dont take in account Enterprise.. so a bit more detailed, more glowing bits, airlocks, and lights, but as i see these as the model T's of space, or the victory frighters of ww2, just push them out as fast as you can, so not that many windows (if any) and just the basics and some aftermarket add on type of feel to the weapons as they need servicing and refits of better weapons.. bit war torn..

but i digress.. Pictures!
    Warp two? Thank you. As to the crew? Seven max is about right - other wise they would be stepping on each other's toes...

Now for the real question; How long did it take the shuttlepod from Enterprise to get up to .25c? And did it carry enough fuel to get back down again?

Remember that it is a nice thing to come to a rest, instead of hitting something while traveling at .25c....
    .. okay my understanding of impulse.. Remember the first episode Deep Space Nine, where the station had to move across the solar system on only 3 thrusters? O'Brien used a field to reduce the mass of the station to where the thrusters can move her. now thats my thinking of impulse, theres a field that is around the ship that effects mass to near zero to where a fussion/antimater rocket can push a multi ton ship to 1/4 the speed of light or faster without the limiter. so 0 to .25c is pretty fast multipule 10s of G's of acceleration!

where a warp drive moves space around the ship.. squeze and strech.

warp 2 sounds good since even in the 24th centery, 200 years latter, the danube could only hit warp 5 (adjusted) and the shuttles worse.. so to me its limited by energy, batterys and a fussion core can only do so much, since i don't think they have a small enought M/AM reactor for the shuttle.. even if it does, the fuel supply is limited. so warp 2 for 12 hours, or if u want warp 3 for an hour till the fuel runs out

Thanks Nick!
    What I meant was that with out decent initerial dampners, it would take some time to get up to .25c.

The other part is the rocket equation.

To get up to the exhuast velosity of a given propulsion system, be it chemical, fission ion, and what have you, you need 2.718281828 time the mass of the ship in fuel.

To get up to .25c for example, if you exhaust velosity is equal to .25c, then if the shuttle pod masses three metric tons.. then you will need 8.1548 tons of fuel.

This always applies.

Now ST gets interesting.

What is the velosity of warp? With regards to impulse?

A photon drive whose exhaust velosity is of course light speed, will handle getting up to .25c much better than the former, .25c exhaust velosity. You will need of .25 the mass of fuel, or two metric tons.

By the way to get back down to rest? requires that 2.718281828 to be squared. Or 7.3891 times the mass of the ship empty...

But why do I think that the rocket equation applies? Because one way or another, you are doing something.
    well i know i'll get the rath of nyrath for this.. he he

if doing star trek the known physics way.. it all gets destroyed in 2 seconds! But, physics as we know them have evolved over the past hundreds of years, especially in the past hundred, and say we encounter a species (say vulcans) that have been in space warping around for over 500 years, there physics would be more advanced, and would probably break all known physics rulles due to unknown materials ( take unobtanium from avatar, or naquida from stargate, not native to this solar system, so unknown to earth based physics) or new machines to accent or retard gravity, or gravitational forces, such as atomic gravity, or superstrings, or quantum singularites.. we don't know everything about everything yet, and to say we do is the ego of humans..

Or we have it right and we're stuck to below lightspeed and we're on the slow boat to china... he he.. who knows!

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/index.html

plug for nyraths website if you want the math of it... i can but am Way to lazy.. :)
    Well it gets even problematic than that.

www.physorg.com/news194788240.html

These new meta materials... There is a great deal of promise to them.

www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-05/metamaterials-multiverses-how-create-universes-lab

There is another article after that popsci one that is linked to the popsci one.

More detailed.

Don't be too surprised if someone figures out space warping tech...
    I hope so, cuz even at 2-3 times light speed... its still slow! to be blunt space is real big and life is short! and untill they have a breakthru in hibernation tech... it would still take a year to get to alpha centauri at 4 ly/year and farther to get to Vulcan and Andor! ( he he) the Ent. series had boomers, some that live there entire life in space ( though hibernation would be the way to go there... but anyways..) 1 ly per week would be a nice start ( warp 2 old scale) ... and would get us out there Real fast! .. only need 100,000 weeks to get the other side of the galaxy! (2000 years! take that Voyager!)

i think i figured out at 3 light years per day for warp 9 (63 years (without stopping).. 70,000 ly.. voyager!!)

come on wormholes!!

edit.. Page dead on the second link... the first one is almost over my head!! Thanks!
    Fixed.

Remember that there are two warp scales. TOS, and TNG's

TOS seems to be x^3, while TNG et el is x^(10/3) to warp nine, and from warp nine to warp ten, a curve to infinity, at warp ten.

The speed of warp two is 8c, sp your shuttle at warp two for twelve hours, would give a range of four light-days. Compared with a range of 2.5 light days for the shuttle pod, in ten days time.

As for the DS9 runabout its range is a bit more of a problem. The TNG episode in which it was featured suggested a range of one hundred days travel. At warp 4.7 maximum. Using the above equation you get a rage of 17,391.0656 light days, or 47.6512 light-years.

Two antimatter pods involved, one used up, 47 days worth of antimatter...
    well 4 light days gets you from the outer solar system to the planet if they have to leave you on the outskirts of a system.. wasn't designed to get you from system to system.. just around a solar system, or past the ort cloud to be picked up.. Thanks for the link!

okay, got some work on the amarillo class..

grid lines, mega laser cannons! and missle tubes and some basic textures

might put in a few windows.. though the plans say no!

Question? was there a seal for starfleet in Enterprise? the plans have the UN seal on the side (not a big fan...) just wondering.. would rather put that on the side..

so sort of a blend of the museum's time line and Ent. time line.. i view these ships as the model T tin cans that are mass produced for cheap but a few luxury's since there on the ships for months at a time, just hope they don't have to Hot Bunk.. O_o

Pictures!
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    I'm pretty sure it was a sort of boomerang shape (like the yellow part of the TOS signage on the Enterprise) inside a starfield-filled circle. There may also have been a Latin motto going around the circle, too. I'm sure it's on EAS somewhere. :)
    And Done with the USS Melbourne!

lights and stuff are one, and used a custom decal for the hull, a combination of the starfleet swoosh (copyright Nike all rights reserved) and the United Earth logo.. looks better than the NATO or UN logo (yuk!)

so next is another war era ship, should be faster since I'll be using a lot of the some stuff I'm sticking to the vertical decks right now.. though i really want to put the horizontal!! never made sense in my mind with ships with gravity and inertia control.... owell!

bout it.. Thanks!

Pictures!
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Wonderful job. You did a good job making this design look even better. I like the work made by Masao Okazaki for his Starfleet Museum and you have worked out the Amarillo quite well.