Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Etc.

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    okay.. put in some more detailing last night..
    first.. Impulse engine is detailed up, the shuttle bay door/outside part, deflector dish area, and some running lights and racing stripes!
    mocked up the shuttle bay as well... not TO much room, but enough for a few shuttles.. atleast 1 galieo type, and atleast 2 mini shuttles.. and you can park more on the "launch way" so :)

more tommorow... I think ? :)

P.S. ... hit my upload limit.. again.. so culling the herd on the older threads :)
    97731.jpg97732.jpg97733.jpg
    working on the textures.. not done yet (clearly) and the decales... he he something went wonk on that.. i'll work on it :)

not to much left. finish up the decals, textures.. work on the TOS naccelle caps.. bout it.. :)

Oh.. as you might have noticed.. calling it the USS Highlander! .. one of the possibles on the Starfleet Musieum site.. liked it :) Most destroyers are named for, famous people.. like Arligh Burke, Ruben James, Bismark.. etc. .. USS Hoshi Sato? :)

Thanks!
  • MasaoMasao0 Posts: 0Member
    The naming system I've used recently for my Starfleet Museum ships is more like the Royal Navy's than the US Navy's. For the Avenger and Predator classes I decided to have every name end with "-er" (or "-or)".
    Thanks Masao :)

Bit of a tangent.. but not by much.. the plans I'm following show a Mini Shuttle .. big enough for 4 people i think, with machinery/engines... maybe some bunk seats like the Ent. Shuttle pod.. maybe, if needed..

went off the plans on the Blue/Green prints, on the legend..

Textures coming:o

now just need a Galileo class :p
    Okay! Redone the whole thing!.. kind of... put on an outer shell that looks more like the Galileo ... and also put on some engine textures n stuff

so.. now to textures
    quick render of her with some penants.. calling her the Ptolemy! font for the name isn't exact (and don't care if it is... its friday.... really..)

More monday! i think.. :)
    ALMOST done! just have to figure out the TOS bussard texture thingy thingy... and tweek a texture or 2.. and I'll be done! YAY!

also put in some rooms behind the windows.. ( and WHY there is a window into the Engine room.. no idea!!)

a few renders.. let me know if you spot anything funky:thumb:

Thanks!
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Nice work! I want to see you make a tutorial on your texturing process. ;)
    Okay.. Made a tutorial.. seems simple, but maybe it'll help someone, bunch of shortcuts :)

comments welcome, including on how you may improve/ do something different!

This IS a photoshop tutorial.. your milage may vary with other programs!

TUTORIAL
    Wow! That was quick. Thanks! :)
    bit more.. working on the TOS bussard thingy.. FINALLY figured out how to do frosted glass ( i know.. everybody has those little things that seem simple.. but are just bastards!)

I'll keep working on it for awhile, see if I can get it closer to "the Look" and maybe even animate it ! ... ..yeah..

More soon!
    That turned out really well! Nice work...and you should make a tutorial for that, too. Just kidding. :D
    And DONE!... well sufficiently abandoned.. I'm going to do a few Tos/Pre-Tos ships ( from the museum) so I might come back on and tweak some of the textures as I learn more on the Tos style

and my next one? hmm either the Paris class or the Pyotr Velikiy might do some 2D work before then.. we'll see

some wall papers comming when i get a few ships ( planning on doing the Klingon d5 or d6 as well)

Thanks!:)
    97979.jpg97980.jpg97981.jpg
  • MasaoMasao0 Posts: 0Member
    ...also put in some rooms behind the windows.. ( and WHY there is a window into the Engine room.. no idea!!)

That's for the engineers to have a quick smoke!
    Thanks Masao :)

So.. Next! This time is the Pyotr Velikiy class! bout 7 hours in to this ( had plenty of time this weekend....) most of the modeling is done, just a few details, windows, some panel lines.. maybe a bit of change to the bottom of the saucer ( no clear refs for the bottom...) went off Connie refs for the nacelles, impulse engine, deflector dish, and a/b deck bridge.. so they are right. well close enough :)

so.. some details, then texture.. not to much more to her :)

Thanks!

Question Masao .. can you see if you can include some bottom images in your orthographics? the bottom of the Pyotr Velikiy is abit of artistic license for me ( not that much of a problem, but would like to get it right :) )
    98035.jpg98036.jpg98037.jpg
    well today.. didn't feel like working on the textures.. so built another ship!
    so a few hours latter.. The USS Hook! found her on Starship schematics LINK

Seems I'm building the Connie peace by piece today was the Saucer section.. got everything in and ready to boolean..

some kind of pre cursor to the Constellation abit.. not a direct constellation TOS'ifed.. which is lazy...

so my TOS fleet is growing as planned

Thanks!
    98071.jpg98072.jpg
    Okay.. now.. Started on the Klingon D6!

bout 8 hours in ( redone the wings and eng hull ALOT!) most of the blocking out is done.. just need a few details.. (and figuring out How much detail I want to do.. a TOS minimal, or a movie era K'tinga detail level...)

so more on this latter
    98249.jpg98250.jpg98251.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Okay.. now.. Started on the Klingon D6!

bout 8 hours in ( redone the wings and eng hull ALOT!) most of the blocking out is done.. just need a few details.. (and figuring out How much detail I want to do.. a TOS minimal, or a movie era K'tinga detail level...)

so more on this latter

Ken, my vote is for a movie era version. The TOS version has a few versions fleshed out, but the movie version donA’t, and we do have several starfleet ships (canon or not) in the movie era, but less than a bunch of klingon ships.
    Anyway, itA’s your mesh, so, do what you think itA’s better. :thumb:
    But I would love to see a movie version. Maybe both (TOS and movie)? :D
    Thanks Guys

Update.. put in the many radiator panels in the wings and off the top.. and pushed out the top tail for the impulse engines as well

I'll see what i can do Starship.. don't want to go all the way down to the rivets.. but more detail than a TOS :)

More latter:D
    98266.jpg98267.jpg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The D-6 is my fav klingon design. I liked Valley Forge better than the Connie herself--and I like this better than D-7 itself.
    Thanks!

more pics!
    fleshed out the radiator/impulse area this time.. using the K'tinga as a ref to add stuff here and there.. not to much thou :)

more soon!
    98331.jpg98332.jpg98333.jpg98334.jpg
    And for my next Trick! The Vulcan Cruser from STO! ... well from the sketches

hopefully this won't be a fly by try ( been having a few of those latly.. to many.. can't find something i'm interested in for the long haul..)

getting the main things blocked out ( considering I have ortho's.. its HARD! lots of curves and curves within curves!)

I'm ball parking this thing at 600 meters long, and 35 decks, looking to make those large window things in the side shuttle bays.. but we'll see

so more latter!

I'll get back to the D6 at a latter date ( I hope):rolleyes:
    98467.jpg98468.jpg98469.jpg
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    WOW !!! I just found in this thread the image I have been hunting for. I have been wanting to do a space going luxury yacht for some time, and needed a good base image to build from and this vulcan ring ship is it. I can't wait to start playing with this and come up with a fantastic ship design.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Y'know. Sans the ring, it reminds me to a water-pistol design I used to have as a kid....
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    how did I miss this one?

*claps* nice work!
    ugh.. Pain in the tookus... getting all the curves right, or looking good..

but progress getting much of the main hull and impulse engines done ( from the plans going to be a set of impulse engines on the ring as well.. maybe)

so here ya go.. more soon.. I HOPE! if it cooperates!
    98541.jpg98542.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Hey Ken, the impulse engines placement looks fine, but I would remove the gap at their end, making them totally "glued" to the hull.
    About to put impulse engines on the ring, I think you can place one at each side, having a shape similar to the one placed on the main hull.
    Just suggestions. ;)
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Nice design, really nice. But for some reason it looks like a phaser to me.
    Thanks Starship.. but the end has an arrow shape on the end.. so its cut.. and from the refs, seems the right way.. I'll look at it though and see if I can do anything.. but its not done yet.. plenty more detail to add on :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I don't see any impulse engines on the ring in those sketches. Unless you count those thingies on the port and starboard side of the ring (which I personally believe to belong to the annular warpdrive)....

Nice work there.