Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,326Member
    Some quick work while I had my coffee break. I just had not finished posting them until now. I dunno if this really matters but it is just to break up the pattern across the panels so texture does not seamlessly flow from panel to panel.

balmung-redo-875.jpg

balmung-redo-876.jpg

They are inverted but I should probably go in and offset them as well.
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I wish I had half of your talent, you are a great artist.
    Thanks everyone.

Some random upper panel details. I should make all those panels unique UVWs so the texture flow is not continuous across all those panels.

balmung-redo-880.jpg

It is mostly going to be this sort of thing all over the ship it seems. I might do some work on the saucer rim but I think the bulk of the modeling is done, unless I forgot something somewhere.
    JES
    Small update, those panels are now all uniquely mapped. One thing I am finding is max keeps copying materials instead of the proper instancing of them so for example the spine that contains the aft torps have no AO on the B state hull material.

balmung-redo-885.jpg

balmung-redo-881.jpg

balmung-redo-883.jpg

some vs renders.

balmung-redo-894.jpg

balmung-redo-895.jpg
    JES
    Some deflector stuff I didn't post last night.

balmung-redo-904.jpg

balmung-redo-908.jpg
    JES
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Some deflector stuff I didn't post last night.

balmung-redo-904.jpg

This one is my preferred. ;)
    Again more small changes all round. Here it is some markings and little decals all over, then merging in all the unique sided stuff back into the neck object. I also added registry decals to the docking ring vs greeked shapes.

balmung-redo-909.jpg

balmung-redo-910.jpg

balmung-redo-911.jpg

Been thinking maybe I should add a slight frosting to the ship windows as they often appear as not being there unless the scene light causes any glare.

oh yeah I screwed around with the impulse set up as well.
    JES
    Small teaser as I go about seeing if there is anything I need to fix or needs doing. Almost lost this mesh as it was erroring out and causing crashes at one point.

balmung-redo-913.jpg
    JES
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Very nice. I'm glad (as I'm sure you are, too) that there were no recovery issues because this is a beauty. :thumb:
    Yeah lucked out there as it was the worst I have seen it on a project.

Bit of something I am mucking around with. Might alter it and go with some other config.
    First one which was too big.

balmung-redo-937.jpg

A bit smaller but still a bit large vs a ship. 100X130ft
    balmung-redo-938.jpg

BTW it is a unmanned relay. Attempting to make it airtight accessible for when someone DOES need to do work on it.
    JES
    I think I have something worth while blocked out now. There are some more elements I will want to add in over time but I will probably spend the next session detailing it out. The central disc space has enough room for a few crewman to access and do any upgrades repairs etc as well as ladder ways to the reactor and the upper transceiver the half ring is large enough to have a laddered crawl space as well. It would mostly be a conduit path to any add ons that might be placed on that "hoop" It is about 86X96ft now. I could probably make it smaller but I think this will do.

balmung-redo-942.jpg

balmung-redo-943.jpg
    JES
    Girder bits to add some visual detail to the subspace antenna array. I think I have the bracing pattern of opposites right. Guess I coulda done all cyl for it and used some of the mental ray rounder cheats on it all. It really ups render times but I think overall it should create some more visual fun to something that could just be a armored box with bits stuck on.

balmung-redo-946.jpg

balmung-redo-947.jpg

Hrm maybe I wont use the MR mat rounder, looks a bit naff. '

balmung-redo-945.jpg

I plan to try to get less of the armagosa look as I had forgotten that the model was reused as a Cardassian coms array for DS9.
    Moving things about and adding little things.
    balmung-redo-953.jpg

Added some of those smaller antenne arrays like what is on the STD array for the heck of it. It wont be seen in my use of this thing. Original plan was to have a directional dish in this spot or a array of coils.
    balmung-redo-954.jpg

balmung-redo-955.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    It looks much more interesting than the reworked cryo-satellite
    I like it. :thumb: Are you planning on using this in some work with the Balmung?
    Not much work as I got a case of gut rot this last few days. . . .

balmung-redo-964.jpg

balmung-redo-968.jpg

balmung-redo-969.jpg

mums
    JES
    here is a update from yesterday morning before the cats went in to be removed of their life's purpose. . . . . The kits seem to think they have to make up for a lost day. Anyhow I am now about 3 or 4 days behind on this now.

balmung-redo-977.jpg

balmung-redo-978.jpg
    JES
    Worked in details on the shaft to the fusion reactor and the piping to and fro. Then skeletonized the outer frame. I think I just need to work on the TX array (the doughnut thing) and work on the central bit some more and this should be near done.

balmung-redo-981.jpg

balmung-redo-982.jpg
    JES
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    A nice little brother the the Amargosa observatory.
    This is however a unmanned Subspace Relay, I did though want to continue a theme of design that that station and some of the TMP stuff had. I am also adding in my own touch so it is not as simple as the original concept and probably over done to match up to the manned relay model.

An update late in coming too as I lost a hours work to a render crash and corrupted save (I think it was related to the render crash) and autobak failing to well do it's job at the set time frame, it seems to make autobaks when ever it feels like it like every 4 hrs vs every 30min. . . . . -_- rrrr~
    Anyhow, forked the braces as it gives better support, looks better too altered some of the framing as well UVWed most of it. debating what I will do with that ring on the arm. HEH, maybe I will stick a big old deflector dish on it, or some similar assembly?

balmung-redo-984.jpg

balmung-redo-985.jpg
    JES
    Big ol gold dish thingy.
    Still a bit rough but it should convey the idea.

balmung-redo-988.jpg
    Also refined the microwave dome farms.
    JES
    Mess of small changes.

balmung-redo-989.jpg

balmung-redo-990.jpg

balmung-redo-991.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    I like it. But, something about the rectangular antennas looks... not quite right. A bit too small, maybe?
    Working in a mess of small detail stuff as I go over the ship. Added some interior elements on parts of the ship that show in common views such as the ceilings in the cargo ops rooms and the upper gangway in the arboretum. Also added some textured planes in side the arboretum to add some greenery and create some light bounce of the right color on the walls. I dunno yet if I will position a real layout in there as it would need a tight shot at a specific angle to really see in and define what your looking at. I also added photometric lighting gizmos to light that area vs the lum materials as that large space causes slow down and odd effects with the lum materials.

balmung-redo-1006.jpg

balmung-redo-1008.jpg

Also decided to use the car shader to add glittery paint on the pennant. I realized that some of the pennants are metallic silver so to mimic it I figured the glitter shader when rendered out at reasonable distances would work out and stand out more than just a "silver paint" material.

balmung-redo-1007.jpg
    JES
    I really like your approach to the pennant. And as always, the rest is great, too. :thumb:
    1 down some 250 more to go.
    Real PITA as I have to manually do each one one at a time. Foul screw up I am also having to manually do the registry too as I should have mapped that in when I was setting them up on the hull.
    balmung-redo-1038.jpg

balmung-redo-1039.jpg

The funky texture on the outer rim is from the environment map and will be redone to get rid of that mapping kick.
    JES
    Well, the lower saucer ones are done, not a full 5hrs as there were plenty of distractions. lol.

balmung-redo-1043.jpg

balmung-redo-1044.jpg

Random-ish numbers like they were on the Galaxy and Voyager.
    JES
    Most of the secondary lifeboats done, got distracted by adding more crap to the hull and ended up with a messy scattering of crap. I will have to remove some of it and redo it. Update delayed to bloody max crashes and faffing around with materials.

balmung-redo-1047.jpg
    JES
    Needed to take a break from the Bal. So I started to add more work onto the wedge and realized I forgot to put lower hull phasers on so with some looking about for the internal volume for them I decided on these 4 places. So in addition to the 16 balls on the saucer there are now 5 more on the wedge.

wedge-trek-329.jpg

wedge-trek-330.jpg

I have more work to do to detail and de-clunk some areas but I might be going to something else to take a break from the Trek ****. Dunno might just go at some other ships in the end though heh.
    JES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I do dig your take on the Wedgie so much. Glad to see it getting some attention again.