Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    Some more panels. Can you sense a theme here? sigh. Might have to take a break from this even though I am wanting to finish this up ASAP.

kling-pretos-371.jpg

kling-pretos-372.jpg

kling-pretos-373.jpg
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    More clumps and lumps. Though the housing those tubes go into is kind of meh. Bugger.

kling-pretos-377.jpg

kling-pretos-378.jpg
    JES
    Adjusted those vent/heatsink whatever vane things to have a more complex shape.
    Also added some junk to that subframe to break up the large panels. Kinda eh no that.
    kling-pretos-379.jpg

kling-pretos-380.jpg
    JES
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    So amazing!
    more of the same old

kling-pretos-381.jpg

kling-pretos-382.jpg

kling-pretos-383.jpg

kling-pretos-384.jpg
    JES
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    damn thats looking good!!!
    Some more of the same again. Also stuck a docking ring in the butt, which itself was pushed forward some. Figure it would be a good location for towing a ship within the main ships warp field. Also allows the aft torp to dispose of any forced boarding party. ]

kling-pretos-385.jpg

kling-pretos-386.jpg

kling-pretos-387.jpg

kling-pretos-388.jpg

kling-pretos-389.jpg
    JES
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Outstanding.
    Some full ship renders and more plates.

kling-pretos-393.jpg

kling-pretos-394.jpg

kling-pretos-395.jpg

kling-pretos-396.jpg

kling-pretos-397.jpg
    JES
    Well not so much done as the damned server pc is still bluescreening. It always craps while playing youtube and downloading. Last night it was a video. Back to feeling like taking the entire kit out back and smash it into bits.

Anyhow ignore the smoothing steps on the dome it is because I am doing a mess of instancing to avoid having to model each replicated unit over 6 areas. Again it is mostly just plating and brackets.

kling-pretos-401.png
    Debate on these was what style of sub plating to do. I decided some of that bracketing style I had done way back on the KSS was to be avoided as it was mostly my thing and not something in evidence on any canon ship.
    kling-pretos-402.png
    yup got a few badly turned edges in there.
    kling-pretos-403.png
    ditto here. Odd I seem to keep turning the same edges too. Like max is undoing my changes over time!
    JES
    Meh I dunno too many small panels I think for the area.

kling-pretos-405.jpg

kling-pretos-406.jpg
    least I think I have a render here that isn't full of badly turned edges. . . . for once.
    JES
    Different style of panels.

kling-pretos-410.jpg

kling-pretos-411.jpg

kling-pretos-412.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    I really like the copper, but the dome reminds me of the Aries 1-B.
    HAHA I had to look that up, been ages since I seen those films. It is almost tempting to junk what I have and mimic it a lot more as a in joke.
    Subdetail on the flat part. Shrug. Looking at it I should have done some elevation changes like some insets or bevels or something. Meh. Kinda feeling meh about it all as well looking at the whole ship renders I sorta want to shrink the head and narrow up the wing spread. Maybe time for a break from it.

kling-pretos-415.jpg

kling-pretos-416.jpg

kling-pretos-417.jpg
    JES
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Cool, new paneling on that dome reads much better at distance. This design is coming along nicely, great work.

:thumb:
    Small update as I seem to have not been able to focus on this for any real long length of time, that or Im just in slo-mo mode!

I destroyed the center stuff in that flat area to drop the height some to give some more eyeball stuff I also raised up some panels around it to integrate it more. AAAANNNND the only other thing was collapsing the one spine optimizing it and putting detail in there. I am thinking of a obs room there for ship visuals and maybe a good place to sit and eat your live worms (gagh ) and some nice vintage of blood wine while you leave the system you just obliterated or burned.

kling-pretos-418.jpg

kling-pretos-419.jpg
    JES
    That little obs room.

kling-pretos-421.jpg

kling-pretos-422.jpg
    JES
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Very cool MKF! :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Some information about what the Galactica's guns look like:
    https://thepropstop.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/finding-your-grail-a-personal-story-of-battlestar-galactica/

That design--as flat as it is--goes with your look here.
    Misc panels on more bits of ship and other small stuff. Did some full ship renders for the heck of it.

kling-pretos-426.jpg

kling-pretos-427.jpg

kling-pretos-428.jpg

kling-pretos-429.jpg

kling-pretos-430.jpg
    JES
    As I work up details I am starting to think the pod things (figure they would be the ship's bussard collectors) are starting to look a bit messy in relation to the rest of it. Then again I am a bit meh about the new plating on the BFGs. I have considered getting rid of them and making the superstructure as a raised platform for the disrupters closer into the hull. (topside it would be the ones near the dome) The BGF emitters are of course temp as I would build something that fit the area better than spiked green tubes. I have also been considering matching the old TOS~TMP hull colors as green only showed up on the BOP and latter TNG eps before it was canonized prior to in ENT. Odd thing is getting that right tone of gungy gray.

kling-pretos-432.jpg

kling-pretos-434.jpg

kling-pretos-435.jpg
    JES
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Wow! I've always LOVED your work MKF. And that's putting it mildly. Beautiful design, insane tedious detail. You should have been a part of the series. And I'm not even kiddning.
    Sadly I am not. Well I didnt even try as requirements were way past me and Id have to move to LA to just get fired later on, as I have heard in rumor all the hires are now out on the pavement.

Some doodahs. and a view of the before. Just looking at ways to make this area less a mess of cyl cans.

kling-pretos-440.jpg

kling-pretos-444.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    If you worked on a series you'd have to deal with all the studio and production company suits that think they're designers because they can spell 'design' two out of three times.
    Yeah, and that one guy who never knows which end is front.
    New internals for the mega guns and some other stuff.

kling-pretos-450.jpg

kling-pretos-451.jpg
    this one is a game of spot the mesh error.

kling-pretos-447a.jpg
    Ended up with the connie cause it was in the files.
    JES
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    I'm fairly certain there's only one, the bright spot between two of the armor panels, slightly to the right of the image's center.

Anything else I'm assuming its one of three things:

1. Lighting.
    2. Chosen coloration of the surface panels.
    3. Me being half dead asleep trying to do Where's Waldo on a mesh (which normally I find highly enjoyable, as looking that closely at details gives me ideas. Right now its just giving me eyestrain).
    Yup first panel in from the ribs. Its a turned edge or hidden edge. Max seems to randomly turn these as the file is resaved. That or I just miss them. There is a odd bright spot on the shoulder guns that I cannot account for other than light bouncing off the wing in a odd way.

kling-pretos-452.jpg
    small update.
    JES
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    this thing just keeps getting better and better - your work is always impressive but i think this ship just looks amazing - love it!!!