Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• the Animaniacthe Animaniac179 Posts: 138Member
    Thats Awesome!:thumb:
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I would like to see Madkoi tackle Klingon designs.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    Some updates

wedge-trek-297.jpg

Decided to go more TOS with the deflector color and added some fine detail.

wedge-trek-300.jpg
    1:17 to render this. . . . sheesh PC might need to work. heh.

If I do anymore pretos or tos it likely will be alien ships, Klingon (to go with this ship) or a station. Likely though I might do something not trek.
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    Damn, you're good at this.
    Just a little more detail on the nacelles and struts. Nothing massive. Mostly the day was spent rendering some passes to see how it looks with something around it except space.

wedge-trek-303.jpg

wedge-trek-304.jpg

Same thing just a large white dish under it.
    wedge-trek-305.jpg

wedge-trek-306.jpg
    JES
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Looks incredible. Love the detail.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    psCargile wrote: »
    Looks incredible. Love the detail.

It is incredible I could see this ship above a reflection pool like those shots of the TOS Enterprise and the refit.
    Here are some various angles of the ship while I mull over what there is left to do. If there is anything missing detail wise towards finishing this let me know. Im not going to change parts just whats left to do. I am atm working out the markings on the nacelle as I forgot those. I am also attempting to remember why I added those large boxes around that intercooler. I think it was something I did in the doodle phase and not while modeling but who knows, the brain does not work as good as it used to.

wedge-trek-308.jpg

wedge-trek-309.jpg

wedge-trek-310.jpg

I am not sure if I will take this as far as say my connie with a full wrap texturing job. Likely it will remain as basic UVWs. This was a for the lulz model anyhow.

Reflecting pond, I dunno what the hell she would reflect as though heh. If it was a jab at the Discovery ship I could have that there but heh. Maybe a as yet modeled foe ship. Some sort of Klingon ship Id presume as this ship likely will fall right into that FASA klingon war. (think it was FASA that generated that history other than the Garth line in TOS)
    JES
    ok the render finished so,

Thought I would use some of the marking to denote a special panel. Good idea but just looks like crap so undo! I will likely just pull the thin lines off the nacelle entirely.

wedge-trek-311.jpg
    JES
    Most of what I did today got tossed out which was some additional parts and brackets extending backwards covering the ribbing on the nacelles. Instead I end up with 3 small versions of those boxes the connie has as a way to break up that red stripe. I also merged and chamfered up bits on the rear end of the ship. Maybe you can see it maybe you cant. A few other things like alterations to stripes that are not in render. This aft area does bother me some but then I consider the NX class and the complex structures on that in places and feel it works. ATM most of the lumps and bumps do serve a purpose or cover a bit of machinery. IE the funny shape isnt there to be there.

wedge-trek-316.jpg

For the heck of it those brackets I decided against.
    wedge-trek-313.jpg
    JES
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    I think it's the right amount of greebles. The design is not cluttered and they look purposeful. I don't know what the hinge-like cylinders at the pylon roots are, but I like them.
  • GeminiFanGeminiFan0 Posts: 0Member
    psCargile wrote: »
    I think it's the right amount of greebles. The design is not cluttered and they look purposeful. I don't know what the hinge-like cylinders at the pylon roots are, but I like them.

I was thinking those were the dilithium AAA batteries that power this ship
    Since I dumped some ideas of a Klingon for this ship and some of my pre tos stuff I figured while setting up a new project file I would render these two out.
    Dont realize how small that Klingon ship was until it is against other ships. The new one will likely be near the same size as the wedge or slightly larger. KIM Klingon ships have a much lower mass for the dimensions. Likely a third of the crew or less even if they are bunked like sardines.

kling-pretos-001.jpg
    kling-pretos-002.jpg

I think after this it is a hearty break from TOS or tos related eras or just a break from trek period.

Round caps are massive emergency vents for warp plasma and rarefied matter stream from the bussards. The strut vents are for outgoing plasma and the aft ones are for incoming or returning. Dilithium crystals are in the core (depends what canon you want to follow if I remember) and replacements are in a cargo hold central to the ship. Deuterium (heavy water) and antimatter for A/M core as well as the fusion plant are stored in the wedge and the central core respectively.
    JES
    Well here is a max trademark the random choice object color. . . . I did change some as max was on a pastel bend and too many things were similar light yellows to oranges. -_-
    Anyhow just a REALLY REALLY rough mock up. Those shoulder blasters is ever so close to the outer trim of the wide hull area. It would be Klingon to have weapons fire flying past quarters and windows on it's way out to smash into a enemy. Debate is to keep them and work with the confines or to remove them and move them to the strut area near the nacelles. Only one of those weapons emplacements will remain. I had planned that the purple parts become part of the flush system with a possible defensive deflector arrangement or something.

kling-pretos-003.jpg

kling-pretos-004.jpg

kling-pretos-005.jpg

kling-pretos-006.jpg

kling-pretos-007.jpg

Absolutely nothing is final object wise. It is 100% temporary objects. And no, I have no idea what is going on with the underside of the aft hull. Things will likely change around as I fix scale etc. ATM everything seems over sized. That tactical tower would be 3 times the size of a connie bridge.
    JES
    Most work is in "head" atm. I have that large deck clear of those shoulder cannons. It is thick enough that I will probably angle the top part of the deck so it isnt a flat plane. The ships aft end I am working to get that muscular back and shoulder hunch in the flow of panels and hull.

kling-pretos-010.jpg

kling-pretos-011.jpg

kling-pretos-012.jpg
    JES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I like the long neck, it's making em think of a sniper rifle.
    Well, the spines really are not working out. Maybe if I make them less organic in shape.

kling-pretos-017.jpg

kling-pretos-018.jpg

kling-pretos-019.jpg
    JES
    Ok I think these work a bit better. Still no real purpose except to be there.

kling-pretos-020.jpg

kling-pretos-021.jpg

kling-pretos-022.jpg

kling-pretos-023.jpg

I guess the spines DO clutter things up. . . . mmmm
    JES
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    I want someone to make a movie of The Final Reflection and I want you to design the ships!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Where I left it last night,
    angle loosely based on the doodle.
    kling-pretos-024.jpg

kling-pretos-025.jpg
    JES
    Made some alterations to the alignment of a mess of parts to increase the hunched shoulder look. IE raising the points where the quad blasters are at. (dunno disruptors phasers w/e) Also mucked with the position of the head (to clear those quad weapons) and angled in the struts to get more of a arc to the ships forward silhouette. Debating if I have enough of it or if I should make the angle steeper to draw the nacelles in more.

kling-pretos-026.jpg

kling-pretos-027.jpg

kling-pretos-028.jpg

kling-pretos-029.jpg

I might alter that central pod thing in the back to make it lower in the hull to strengthen the "M" shoulder shape. Still dunno what that thing will be a shuttle bay or a warpcore/power core etc. The dome is or was planned to be a sensor and visual look out though your view out the rim is quite blocked by protrusions. In the doodle I thought of a inspections look out, but with the rise in the shoulders you can no longer look down the wing to the strut joint.
    JES
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    I like that spine, it reminds me of the back of Klingon armor.
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    I do prefer the addition of the spine and flaps on the wings. Can't wait to see your works on the head part and side engines...NIce concept as always, like the retro-modern mix that was put into this one.
    Better view of that central area and a teaser of the nacelles.

kling-pretos-030.jpg

kling-pretos-031.jpg

Some more crap to fill it out. Thinking I might break it up more than this so it is sort of like a mess of plating on a messy collection of gubbins.

kling-pretos-032.jpg
    JES
    I think I do this every time, go with vanes and dump them for these spoons and tubes thing. The upper plating MIGHT be removed for that hinge like arrangement of conical detail like in the painting where the nacelle joins the strut to show all the connected trunklines etc that are running out to the nacelles from the cores etc. I probably will alter the rear end to more match that old cruiser mesh more than the proto painting or what I have atm. I am not really sure with that arrangement of a hoop and glow bits that existed on ENT Klingon ships. For mine it is going to serve the same purpose as those balls on the backside of the connie, which is part of the warp field shaping aft of the ship. What you would consider warp cores are the large cyl shapes behind the paddles. Unlike FED ships each is supplied with it's own injector. The tubes above with the soon to be modeled pluming leading down. Though it looks like most of that detail will only show as visual noise within the nacelle. Though much of the greebling or detail work is that way.

kling-pretos-035.jpg

kling-pretos-036.jpg
    JES
    Ok final update, stayed up way too late. ATM I have the wedge and the old crusier in the scene file so max quickly gets to that RAM limit of 16gigs and everything lags so terribly. I guess I should see what another 16gigs would cost. . . . that is if they even sell something that would match what I have in here. Noticed that, stuff changes and they discontinue things so often if your not upgrading it in 3 months forget it. Granted it seems it has been 4 yrs since I put this pc together. . . . . lol so finding that brand and timings of ddr3 is gonna be a pain. ANYHOW

Warp coils/engine bits.
    kling-pretos-037.jpg

nacelle
    kling-pretos-038.jpg

kling-pretos-039.jpg

ship with em on temporarily

kling-pretos-040.jpg

kling-pretos-041.jpg

Front of the nacelles seem to be a bit too plain or too large of an area dedicated to that shape.
    JES
    Ok some changing up of bits and refinements to some of the elements. I need to figure out what will go on the end of the warp elements, the "plug" in the front side of the hoop. ATM it looks like a engine nozzle. I want to do something else there as I do not want any remote feeling of rocket or thrust nozzles on the nacelles.

kling-pretos-042.jpg

kling-pretos-043.jpg

Some ship renders. Yes I will soon be stealing parts off that other ship.

kling-pretos-044.jpg

kling-pretos-045.jpg
    JES
    Not a real big update but I lazed about with the tv after fixing dinner and kicked the cat about.

kling-pretos-046.jpg

kling-pretos-047.jpg
    JES
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Great nacelle work!