Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    Bunch of secondary panels and a few detailed out areas. Matching some of the detail on the same areas on the K'tinga. I think even though mine are beveled panels and then chamfered I will have to have a lot more taper to resemble the soft edges on the styrene sheets that are on the K'tinga. That or adopt a different pattern. (area is near the central cluster.

kling-pretos-182.jpg

kling-pretos-183.jpg

kling-pretos-184.jpg

A few renders of some panel ideas for the neck section. These are just objects aligned to the hull right now.

kling-pretos-186.jpg

kling-pretos-187.jpg
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Great work!
    mass dump to catch this thread up. For a complete archive see the WIP blog as a update should be posted there within the weekend.

kling-pretos-221.jpg

kling-pretos-222.jpg

moving bits about

kling-pretos-228.jpg

kling-pretos-229.jpg

block in of disruptors and doodle

kling-pretos-230.jpg

kling-pretos-231.jpg

kling-pretos-232.jpg

placing of the turrets

kling-pretos-239.jpg

kling-pretos-240.jpg

kling-pretos-241.jpg

kling-pretos-242.jpg
    JES
    Part 2 is mostly some changes to structures and the impulse bits.

kling-pretos-246.jpg

kling-pretos-247.jpg

Impulse
    kling-pretos-259.jpg

kling-pretos-2601.jpg

kling-pretos-261.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    It's becoming kinda dragon-like.
    New bussard pods. Or reactor pod, or uh heat cooling pod or whatever the heck they are.

kling-pretos-265.jpg

kling-pretos-266.jpg
    JES
    Planning out some of the plating on the pods. Ignore the materials on the ones with the whole ship as there are bits missing and materials are wrong due to them being cloned objects and max not being able to properly create clones material IDs. Dark bits will be hull colored extrusions.

kling-pretos-268.jpg

kling-pretos-269.jpg

kling-pretos-270.jpg
    JES
    Erm spent more time undoing things that I probably could have just reverted the objects and re-done faster. . . . . oh well. There is still a mess of things missing from the rear and some detail work but I think this is broken up enough to work out.

kling-pretos-275.jpg

kling-pretos-276.jpg

kling-pretos-277.jpg

kling-pretos-278.jpg
    JES
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    This ship is looking excellent MKF! I love what you're doing with it!
    Thanks!

Where I left it last night. Probably take a break and work on some other part today.

kling-pretos-282.jpg

kling-pretos-285.jpg

kling-pretos-286.jpg
    JES
    New "feathers" and some ideas for paneling. Junked the old stuff due to the bad angles. Seeing these rendered some of the planned panels need some pushing about.

kling-pretos-287.jpg

kling-pretos-288.jpg

kling-pretos-289.jpg
    JES
    Where the wing panels sit for now.

kling-pretos-292.jpg

kling-pretos-293.jpg

kling-pretos-294.jpg
    JES
    Setbacks, found I had introduced some non planar faces and the compound angles were just to aggravating to repair so, rebuilds of some parts. These repeated patterns on a inconsistent surface are a real pain in the ass. But it does help avoid that CGI look much easier geometry produces. MEH.

The faces did not really show up in render but knowing they were there irked me to no end. I guess you can kinda see it in this render.
    kling-pretos-295.jpg

SO v3 for these bits and it is all gone now. It lacks the nicer curve the old parts had and I have a mess of work to restore but meh.

kling-pretos-296.jpg

kling-pretos-297.jpg
    JES
    Detail bits on the bottom.

kling-pretos-304.jpg

kling-pretos-305.jpg

kling-pretos-306.jpg

kling-pretos-307.jpg

kling-pretos-299.jpg
    JES
    Decided to add some detail to the pipe bits and that area beneath them.

kling-pretos-308.jpg

kling-pretos-309.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    This one is coming out especially (thumbs through thesaurus) "keen". No, that's not right. I need a better thesaurus. Anyway, this one's pretty awesome.
    Some more gubbins and details, a few a bit too small as they kinda go away at these distances, meaning they are a bit pointless as they wont even show at full ship distance. Bit of a slow day too.

kling-pretos-311.jpg

kling-pretos-312.jpg

I am tempted to get rid of some of these tubes and brackets.
    JES
    PEW! PEW! PEW!

kling-pretos-315.jpg

Lower disruptor/disrupter cannon roughed out. Still some details to go and a few tubes and cowling. Based it loosely off the ENT BOP and D5? guns which are from what I can tell mostly bits of the TMP BOP mesh stuck together with some new bits. I mostly kept things that are called out in that tech manual that shows all the plasma coil things. I omitted for now the aux cannons that flank the mains, but I might model them too not sure. (Actually the D5 guns are less detailed and altered somewhat and do seem to lack the side aux cannons. )

kling-pretos-316.jpg
    JES
    More bits.

kling-pretos-318.jpg

kling-pretos-319.jpg

kling-pretos-320.jpg

kling-pretos-321.jpg
    JES
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving your panel work on this bird, and those disruptors look sweet, nice work.

:thumb:
    Took a break from it for most of the day but got bored killing little polygon greeks and tired of the bugs in the drawing prog so here I am pushing polies.

Mostly moved the visual observation blisters to flank the outside edges of the large disrupter cannons (or whatever the shoulder guns will be (might replace it with torps) While more exposed it give a better view of the extremities of the ship and still remain in a good position for visual targeting of those large guns. Got some panels in and created a inset for those aft turrets.

kling-pretos-325.jpg

kling-pretos-323.jpg

kling-pretos-328.jpg

kling-pretos-329.jpg
    JES
    Well, wastes most of the night attempting to do a worn paint effect as a procedural vs having to map all of it out. Sadly I do not think it is possible with what I have. I refuse to buy plugins or other renderers or run add-ons. IE box stock. Odd is it looked ok on the dummy object, but when applied to the model it just doesn't work. Also fail is my red material as it is blooming orange, need to swap the settings.

Anyhow gonna junk this idea as it takes FOREVER. I might try the toon-shader as a mix but not much hope in it.

ANYHOW, I got some sub panels down and a mess of little boxes.

kling-pretos-334.jpg

kling-pretos-335.jpg
    JES
    Well this looks a bit better, Using a toon shader and AO shaders in a composite applied as a mask in a mix material with the red paint material and hull material. I think I can adjust this and work it so that it wont need to be contained in so many layers or able to add a blurred edge and possible highlights (bump or maybe a third surface to create depth) Anyhow I think this in of itself is a much improved result. Still slow due to the AO which sort of dulls the crisp effect of the ink and paint shader. Maybe doing inverted occlusion on the red diffuse and set strong can "burn" the paint some so it highlights the chips.

kling-pretos-336.jpg

ATM I am able to control the "chips" with smoothing groups. It would be nice if I could control the AA or blur between the ink and paint itself.

oh chips is a celular shader in the ink slot. (ink size)

NOW the real issue is how it renders at various distances resolutions and in animation. Knowing my luck it wont scale or animate too nicely. The "cels" do seem to look like i need to invert them as it looks more like the inner area is worn vs the outer edges.

I could use this if it is stable for other things too like glossiness and matte areas etc. Maybe even a faster faked AO.

kling-pretos-339.jpg

Yeah bummer does not look like it scales. Note the close up and distance renders. It is clearly the ink and paint causing issue. Need to find a way to do this with a shader that scales. Sadly that likely means a plug in /add on.
    JES
    Looks pretty cool MKF! :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Really good.
    Not feeling like painting and no time to game I decided to do some work on the Ship. Mostly just working up all those small plates and details. Sunk the turret housing into the hull adding some things that could be some sort of reinforced shield for the turret or whatever. I dunno yet if I will add any color onto some of the plating, or other hull markings.

kling-pretos-348.jpg

Oh also some bits on the base of the wings that I forgot to upload.

kling-pretos-345.jpg

kling-pretos-347.jpg
    JES
    More lumps and bumps.

kling-pretos-351.jpg

kling-pretos-352.jpg
    JES
    Wow it's really popping now that you're adding the small plating details! Great job MKF! I can't wait to see this baby finished!
    Some more bumps but on the bottom this time!

kling-pretos-353.jpg

kling-pretos-355.jpg

kling-pretos-356.jpg
    JES
    New windows on those officers rooms.

kling-pretos-366.jpg

kling-pretos-367.jpg
    JES