Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    Oh, yeah - that's about a thousand times better than the Discovery.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    he been getting that a lot with this model.

Decided to relight the ship with photometric and fooling with projected maps. Only issue is there is a odd spill near some of the lights. ATM I am not gonna fret as it is a PITA to get rid of.

wedge-trek-346.jpg

wedge-trek-348.jpg

Still needs some tuning in places.
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    wedge-trek-358c.jpg
    pew pew
    JES
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Howard Day wrote: »
    Oh, yeah - that's about a thousand times better than the Discovery.

Oh, yes. Very much so.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Agreed.

Now, I like the leading edge bevel to the secondary hull of the Discovery.

I'd like to see the original Discovery merged with the Ariel shuttlecarrier--but maybe with the bottom-most part of the secondary hull a bit like the Excelsior's belly...
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Beautiful pew pews! :D
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    wedge-trek-368.jpg

wedge-trek-369.jpg

Smallish update added stuff to the overhangs to break them up some and added additional panels etc. I am considering changing out that glossy panel trim for a more matte finish so it does not reflect so much in dark/shadowed sections as much as it does. I need to retest it on a no environment render to be sure of what I will do. (also means it has to wait for me to rejoin some stuff vs going through and changing it all by hand object by object.
    Mess of small details and stuff. Adjusted the registry and placed lamps. I think at this point I am just adding clutter so maybe I will call this done as far as modeling goes.

wedge-trek-371.jpg

wedge-trek-372.jpg

wedge-trek-373.jpg

wedge-trek-375.jpg

Dunno what is next on the plate. Maybe I will finish up some older models or go do something else. . . . . . .
    JES
    After mucking with other unfinished ships I decided to have a go at this one.

iowa-0124.jpg

iowa-0125.jpg

iowa-0126.jpg

iowa-0127.jpg
    JES
    iowa-0129.jpg

iowa-0132.jpg

iowa-0133.jpg
    JES
    The upper room I have not decided on what it is going to be. Conference room, lounge, officers meeting room, etc.

iowa-0135.jpg

iowa-0136.jpg

iowa-0137.jpg

Well crap I dunno rendering the full ship the shuttle obs windows is look funk. I do plan to adjust the other windows in the hump trench as the frames are to small.
    JES
    Where I left the detailing.

iowa-0141.jpg

iowa-0142.jpg

iowa-0146.jpg

iowa-0147.jpg

iowa-0148.jpg

I then thought to try redoing the wing parts to contain the tapering curve of the orthos of the ship in the prototype image.

iowa-0149.jpg

iowa-0150.jpg

iowa-0151.jpg
    JES
    Some small changes to the hull and central hull (reverted it to subdiv) and made new weapons pods.

iowa-0154.jpg

iowa-0155.jpg

iowa-0156.jpg

iowa-0158.jpg
    JES
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    If I ever need a new wallpaper I just check out your threads MKF. You're work is amazing as always!
    I actually like that for an aft of a Discovery type ship. Maybe you could do your own take on this?
    http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=1710958#p1710958
    That site is useless as it is a closed garden. IE "cant see $hit captain".

Given the hacks seem cleaned out I decided to return to posting WIP. Buttloads up changes since last post. Need to see them hit up f3d or the blog.

Transporter emitters stolen from elsewhere some panels and bit I forget what, then lower black panels as well as integrating the supports for the pods. I did not like the style of the panels on the image so I wort of copied the SOV. I might undo the gray bits and take the flat white line back to hull color. I might also level the white bit to the panel height atm it is the same height as the surrounding hull. Oh and added panels to those aft pod lumps and corrected the RCS material. Need to go back and apply this to the Atheling too (ship used in the SOTL 2018 image)

iowa-0279.jpg

iowa-0282.jpg

iowa-0283.jpg
    JES
    More belly stuff.
    iowa-0289.jpg

iowa-0290.jpg
    JES
    Changing out the BUTT. I really did not like the waistband thing so I took it out and now that I have this unified section I think I might include the horseshoe like observation room that is in the concept image. If not I need to come up with something for these areas. I might also consider blowing out that upper room and the details on it as it does stick out now.

iowa-0292.jpg

iowa-0295.jpg
    yes, that is one object. lol.
    iowa-0291.jpg

addendum:

Here is a full ship render to show it as a whole. I really need to look at replacing those sensor boxes between the nacelles and weapons pods. Hate how they are not centered (cant do such as the way I wanted the nacelles and pods to sit on the hull vs the concept art and the angles I insisted foolishly on in the early stages of the modeling. Those chamfers on the lower hull should have been shallower and not so deep. BUGGER.
    iowa-0296.jpg
    oh yeah a front view for completeness. I think I forgot to mention I did alter the torp position on these pods with the idea that I might add some pulse phasers in there if not Ill add dome doodad instead. Just a bit on the fence about too many weapons in this as the Defiant was suppose to be the super gunboat overpowered thing. Granted I think these STO ships are far past the Defiant's era.

iowa-0297.jpg
    JES
    A butt with a view.

iowa-0298.jpg

Altered a bit.
    iowa-0299.jpg
    JES
    Well it is one giant room now with windows on the side. THANK god these are the only planned vertical windows on this part of the ship.

iowa-0300.jpg

iowa-0301.jpg
    JES
    Small details and updates.

iowa-0303.jpg

iowa-0304.jpg

iowa-0305.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    If I were Captain. That's where I'd put my quarters. I like it better without the cross members.
    Planning out paneling and things like the RCS. Sticking to the concept work I think I might have to split them up or break them up some as this is a large yellow area on the hull.

iowa-0307.jpg
    JES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    So... I love this ship, I think I've said that. But in case I haven't.

But you may or may not know that I created a controller-shaped ship in my own thread, and the other day I was thinking "what would an N64 controller ship look like?" Somehow completely forgetting this ship;.
    Here is how those RCS came out. Might alter the vents though.
    iowa-0310.jpg

iowa-0311.jpg

Close up of a hatch and details.

iowa-0312.jpg

Maybe it is a bit much back here.
    JES
    iowa-0315.jpg

Mess of detailing more panels and some rooms.
    JES
    That has a good flow to it.
    Not much new just some panels on all those aft areas and on those things with the rcs. Also removed the cutout on the phaser strip housing next to the torps.

iowa-0320.jpg
    JES
    quick update while my internet is working. . . . . . sigh. Alter my plan to remove tv and the internet goes to hell. heh I think they are not happy I use other viewing options Id say?
    iowa-0323.jpg
    I had some extrusions on those hip pods but stupidly did not save the render. Reality it did not look all that different to the stenciled lines lol.
    JES
    Just a small update again. . . . mostly refinement of those hull panel grids. And no that one broken one is not broken but is obliterated by mental ray settings. Though things were set high enough to not do that but meh. I might be working myself in a corner with cutting these like this but it is a different approach in a attempt to mimic the concept arts panel look but retain the hull corners without hard edges. Clearly I have strayed from what is on the art as my hull is much narrower and not as angled up etc.
    Probably spent more time locating a usable pennant image that is post ENT E than I did on anything else today. FFFFF

iowa-0325.jpg

Well, I think those RCS on the hull are looking a bit too large now. -_- Might have to push those about and hope it can be done without rebuilding or restructuring. DERP.
    JES