Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I still like this ship... especially the spine of it. I do hope you work out your issues with it and see it through, it deserves to take flight.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Forgot to include a object flow wireframe to show how much a PITA this thing is as I have not much choice in the way things can be broken up. It is like those complex Mughi nacelles where I had to have the objects occluding each other until I got to collapsing and doing final work on them. This is part of why I go geh and consider not going into it to correct things I would want to change.

tsukuru-nx-0344.png

I have considered this could be a NX and the following be a final NCC production ship. Still leaves me with this unfinished. Add in I do want to start working on things other than trek as well, BUT I want to complete existing WIP. So starting a new project is pushing things.
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Collapse and clean up and detail work on the rail and some work on the deflector
    tsukuru-nx-0353.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0354.jpg
    JES
    More underside bits.

tsukuru-nx-0361.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0362.jpg
    JES
    Keep forgetting to post updates things are just not going that fast either. Mostly just more details in that ditch, which is part of the slipstream field modulation. I have yet to decide how I will detail that area or any of the lower saucer area. I also started some of the layout for lower hull markings and cut in the inset for those belly lifeboats.

tsukuru-nx-0369.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0371.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0372.jpg
    JES
    There doubled the polys and patched it all in guess it is time to re-cut that deflector and weapons cutout again. Almost tempted to forgo this detail though it does add detail to an area that is mostly blank. I hope this is enough density for the rim to avoid any segs showing up as I add future detail.

tsukuru-nx-0379.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0380.jpg
    JES
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    This is shaping up to be one of my favourite designs of yours!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Ok I think if I go with this style of cut out I will use this for it and manually bodge the inset up the hull some more than where the boolean ends. Draw back is it DOES affect the registry, so I am not sure yet if it shou8ld just cross over or sit inside the inset?
    tsukuru-nx-0384.jpg
    Question is is this a improvement over the old cut out style?

Old cut out.
    tsukuru-nx-0343.jpg

Ok these images are freaking out here too. Must be wordpress is having connection issues or some sort of crc issues as the images are randomly showing up and or giving errors. F3d these were not showing up at all.
    JES
    It is an improvement in my opinion. What about a mix of both? Keeping the new style, but with the cutout starting below the running light as in the old one.

Also, I don't know if you changed the hull color or just the illumination, but I like the colder look on the ship.
    It is just lighting changes and adjustments to get the materials to show better. Early on I had a NO NO tinted light as the main. I converted to the light rig from the IOWA thing to neutralize the WIP renders so color is represented in a neutral way. Part of the orangey light was leftovers from the SOTL render set up.

Unlike many of my TNG ships this one has a much stronger Galaxy egg blue color to it.

For the deflector/ weapons areas I was considering having it in that flat face of the cutout. Or to cut flat across the top some where and drop it down ( I think this is what you are suggesting.) It can be flat faced or curved following the hull. Sampled follow the curvature. I am thinking #2 one is the way to go as it provides enough size for the things I might add. Though nothing says I need to do a secondary deflector.

tsukuru-nx-0387.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I like the new one. The vertical wall in the old cut-out looks out of place.
    There we go a more refined example of what I had in mind. Keeping that wall planar though is NIGHTMARE sauce.

tsukuru-nx-0389.jpg
    JES
    Of course I need to adjust those dark panels by extruding and loads of annoying patching to flow around this new change in angle of the cuts. I will of course have to redo the lighting. I am a bit bothered about the size of the registry though.

tsukuru-nx-0390.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Ah, the set-back, and the angles at the sides fixes things.
    Ok a quickie update, sorta took longer to render it lol. Added some dummy stuff in the cut out. Not sure if those walls will be like they are or if I will shape it up to fit the objects in there more. They are angled atm to match the outer walls so when viewed from the front they match. Did consider swapping those torps for pulse phaser nipples but maybe I will shrink the deflector object and put both? I might adjust the lip to be thinner or remove it completely dunno yet.

tsukuru-nx-0392.jpg
    JES
    Very elegant solution in the end!
    Thanks,

Where I have to leave it tonight. Gonna have to redo those phasers I think as there is no longer a reason to have them stop where they do.
    tsukuru-nx-0395.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0396.jpg
    JES
    Added in the pulse phasers JIC, some details on the deflector and put in permanent orange field shaper things along with glow blocks.

tsukuru-nx-0400.jpg
    JES
    Thinking out some windows and planning hull markings. Debating if I want to make any of these as inset bits or mega rooms. I would think it nice to have a few large rooms flanking the deflector like a port and starboard 10fwd or the like.

tsukuru-nx-0403.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0404.jpg
    JES
    Large rooms on the corners with those stepped cutouts I mentioned. It might mess with those green windows but I think I have enough clearances to all the parts to retain them as rooms.

tsukuru-nx-0405.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0406.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0408.jpg
    JES
    Filled in the shield grids on the forward as I disliked the look and set up the dark plating on the forward hull and then today it got it's unique windows and rooms. These might be a bit excessive in size but I can adjust them later on.

tsukuru-nx-0410.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0411.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0412.jpg
    JES
    Grids redone and looking at putting length markers on the strips. Might pull those off as doing such on other strips might be too much of a headache.

tsukuru-nx-0416.jpg
    JES
    Some update stuffs.

Some of the lower hull stuff is just rough ideas or messing about while I decide what to do.

tsukuru-nx-0419.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0420.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0421.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0422.jpg
    JES
    Getting a bit cartoony as all the panels are just cut faces with the dark carpet teal on. They will be the same as the ones on the upper saucer in the end so much less prominent. Maybe it is too busy?

tsukuru-nx-0425.jpg
    JES
    I don't think it's too much, no. However I find the black areas between the escape pods and the registry a bit weird, the pincer shape doesn't flow with the rest of the design in my opinion.
    yup I changed those out before quitting last night. . . I had hoped a inverted angle opposite would work out but that central stuff just broke the idea. (seen from the side that curve was a negative angle to the hull.)

One render showing panel alterations from last night and others are grids and one of those rooms that just duplicates to the other side. Ignore the white sipe things as they are not what I plan to do not to mention the color.

tsukuru-nx-0426.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0430.jpg
    tsukuru-nx-0431.jpg
    JES
    Wonder if I am getting lazy. After all the odd things I did with the IOWA thing's windows and special rooms I feel I have sort of cheaped out on this ships cutout rooms and whatnot.

tsukuru-nx-0432.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0433.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0434.jpg
    examples:
    iowa-0482.jpg?w=300

iowa-0312.jpg?w=300
    JES
    Ok planning out all these annoying not numerically dividable panels! These domed panels will be hopefully detailed out like the upper hull ones in roughly the same position on the top saucer. AND of course ignore all the pinch errors as max is again turning those edges the wrong way.

tsukuru-nx-0437.jpg
    JES
    tsukuru-nx-0445.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0446.jpg

prolly spent too much time on the imported model than I should have.

tosmiranda-003.jpg

not that original in the end. . . . . dunno what do for torps with out the roll bar thing.

tosmiranda-003a.jpg
    JES
    Just a quick knock together with bits stolen off my mini-destroyer.
    Pretty much anything that looks finished are temp bits. Nacelles bridge etc. The one I will add will more match to the overpaint. I was really tempted to put the torps into those deflector blisters flanking the bridge. But in the end those likely will have to be what they are on the TMP model.

miranda-tos-001.jpg

miranda-tos-002.jpg

miranda-tos-003.jpg
    JES