Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9714 Posts: 5,302Member
    Extruding in the nightmares and beveling out some of the panels in subgroups. Also detaching bits and remapping them as unique bits. I think this gets the panel look that the concept drawing has without extruding off corners etc. It also avoids that klingon panel look and that group of lines on a solid hull thing. I think voy ships suffered this a lot where it was just stenciled on the hull as detail but not part of a proper structure.
    iowa-0334.jpg

iowa-0335.jpg

iowa-0336.jpg

I really do need to get to reworking the greeble pit.
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    A new year and new nacelles?

iowa-0338.jpg

iowa-0339.jpg

iowa-0340.jpg

iowa-0341.jpg

Blocked these in last night as this area is a sore spot for me. My execution of the hull interface here is just crap and the old nacelles just made it more noticeable to me. KIM these are just rough work.
    JES
    Spent the session messing with the nacelles.

iowa-0344.jpg

iowa-0345.jpg

iowa-0346.jpg

Debating how I want to do the bussards and if I want to retain the old internal objects behind the warp grills. Also considering breaking the nacelle body up more thus complicating the sub-div bits but I think it would look better for it.
    JES
    delayed as I didn't want to stay up for rendering!

I think all the blocking in is done time to move onto collapsing some subdiv and detailing it out. Likely replace the last half of the things with groups of shapes vs what I have atm EXP as it is a bit clunky. Just slow going lately. Oh yeah moved the units further forward some, might not be obvious on the renders.

iowa-0350.jpg

iowa-0351.jpg

iowa-0352.jpg
    JES
    More nacelles. . . . .

iowa-0355.jpg
    an awkwardish RCS pod, not sure how I will do this detail and not have it look so clunky. It might not be so bad once on the ship though.

iowa-0356.jpg

iowa-0357.jpg
    Internal guts,

iowa-0358.jpg
    that kinda fail under the grill.

iowa-0359.jpg
    JES
    NACELLES!
    more ****ing nacelles. . . lol

iowa-0368.jpg

iowa-0369.jpg

iowa-0370.jpg

Mostly sussing out details and final lines. I might clean out some of the stepping angle things going on as I might have gone a bit too overboard on that. Almost all of it is collapsed at this point and PLAN is to simplify the bottom of the nacelle even maybe remove some parts to make the join to the ship a more simple affair. A bit late but thinking I should have tightened the radius on the "crease" on those latter casing segments to be a bit more pronounced than they are to match the changes made in the cowling part. OOPS.

iowa-0371.jpg

iowa-0372.jpg
    JES
    iowa-0381.jpg

iowa-0383.jpg

Decided to throw things out again. To which I think the replacement is an improvement.
    JES
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looking awesome as always. Really liking those nacelles.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Beautiful work, Dan!
    Small update again Mostly close up detail showcase this go. I mostly reworked the aft end of things. ATM I think it is just detailing out the bits. The marker lights are pinched from elsewhere but I am thinking they might not work out. I might just filch the ones from the Balmung recon.

iowa-0392.jpg

iowa-0393.jpg

iowa-0394.jpg

iowa-0395.jpg

iowa-0396.jpg
    JES
    Ok I admit I am lazy I should model the RCS in half on the front but Clone CLONE patch heh. More panel lines and ignore the thickness variation intent is to have them not be a constant across the hull. I will likely extrude things out so all these black lines will go hull color or just darker than. Also ignore any badly turned edges atm as I have not gone through turning hidden edges yet. Figure I would do them after I extrude as I cut and move stuff about they seem to return to stupid directions max thinks are better than what I forced. . . . . And of course max is wrong every time.

iowa-0410.jpg

iowa-0411.jpg

I really should look at altering those transporter emitter materials too. I forget if they were flat paint or metallic paint. Well heck most anything post the Galaxy they were decals, so I guess it doesn't matter. Bussards are clear atm for speed, current material just adds too much time to renders. Well heck chose the wrong material anyhow future renders? lol
    JES
    Lower hull panels and stuff.

iowa-0424.jpg

iowa-0425.jpg
    JES
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    What a monster. Love the look of the nacelles and the counter positioning of those torp launchers. Well envisioned.
    More panels
    iowa-0431.jpg

iowa-0432.jpg

iowa-0434.jpg

iowa-0435.jpg
    JES
    Updated greebs, also fixed all the materials as oddly I had old standard mats on the science boxes.

iowa-0450.jpg

iowa-0451.jpg

been messing with old audio gear and finding all my belts have turned to tar T_T. So, not much of a update heh.
    JES
    Possible window locations. I will very likely weed some out as I go along.

iowa-0454.jpg

iowa-0455.jpg
    JES
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I like the window layout so far aside from the horizontal ones. I think that with all of the other details that are already present the different windows don't seem to flow very well. Just a preference, though. :)
    First 2 sets of windows down. Added some SOV plating even though it was not originally planed on thus was a PITA to do as a afterthought.

iowa-0464.jpg
    Upper deck windows. I suppose I could add similar windows on the lower rim too on the bottom. These in order to replicate the concept art are split levels. I managed to space them in a way that it is minimized without making windows a real paint to look out of. Clearly they need to be UVwed.

iowa-0466.jpg

iowa-0467.jpg

start of officers quarters.

iowa-0469.jpg
    JES
    Rest of those central hull windows. I have not done the ones on the tail as I have not decided how I want those to look, if anything they wont look like the sample render of the cutters. Also including a render with a rough idea of the lower lip set in red.

iowa-0471.jpg

iowa-0472.jpg
    JES
    planning for the registry locations based on the concept art and checking to see how it works on the ship. Included are the lower windows.

iowa-0473.jpg

iowa-0474.jpg

iowa-0475.jpg
    JES
    rear windows, again a bit too large.
    iowa-0476.jpg
    JES
    Small updates.
    iowa-0479.jpg

iowa-0480.jpg
    Really hate that I have to spend polys on a surface to get rid of the AO banding.

iowa-0481.jpg
    Windows still feel a bit large but I guess they work at this point.
    iowa-0482.jpg
    JES
    inner part, maybe too much, dunno.

iowa-0486.jpg

iowa-0487.jpg
    JES
    iowa-0492.jpg

iowa-0493.jpg

Shuttle bay stuff. Right now I am working in all the paintwork and fine details. Issue is planning out what areas would get what markings and if I chould continue with the method I have developed or attempt to minimize it to reflect the concept art more.

iowa-0496.jpg

iowa-0497.jpg

ATM I generally outline gravity changes or variable gravity zones in orange, flight markings in yellow and important directional or air envelope in red.

Example.
    balmung-redo-845.jpg?w=300
    JES
    full ship update renders
    iowa-0508.jpg

iowa-0509.jpg
    JES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2001 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    full ship update renders
    iowa-0508.jpg

iowa-0509.jpg

I really love what you've done with this design.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I do too.
    Some more small changes and placing of bits and renders in place on the ship
    oops a bit delayed, renders take so long I wander off. . . .

iowa-0520.jpg

iowa-0521.jpg

iowa-0522.jpg
    JES
    Wanting for a change of pace I decided to take a stab at getting this model to a more finished state. Sadly it looks like I really gotta do a lot of tedious stuff like re balancing the materials and correcting some of the surfacing. As for the model I am fighting the urge to toss out a lot of things after looking at some of the old block in WIP images. Things like the forward struts irk me the area of the neck between the saucer and deflector are a bit meh as well as some of the overall geometry. I just cut in the forward alt deflector and weapons bay in the forward saucer before considering what I will do with this thing.

tsukuru-nx-0341.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0342.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0343.jpg

Image that has me rethinking some of the structure. Mainly the dropped nacelle mounting.
    tsukuru-nx-0002.jpg
    JES