Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek: Retribution

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I don't know about that last line the Captain says. Sounds a little childish the way he says it.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Unless Admiral Reyf's belt buckle is made of a soft flexible material it should be turned sideways. Otherwise when he sits down it will poke him in the stomach.

Thought you might want to see this (from The Wiki):
    During the watching of this scene, a fan noticed a mistake in Reyf's costume design: the pointed belt buckle he wears is incorrectly positioned on his unfirom, as when he sits down the pointed tip of the Starfleet delta would jab him painfully in the stomach, and that the buckle should be rotated 90 degrees to Reyf's left to both fix the problem and remain consistent with existing costume designs.
    Haha. I'm famous now. lol :P
    @oldmangreg: constructive criticism is always welcome, because it helps productions like this become better :) Those who just ceaselessly complain about everything (hereafter to be referred to as "pulling a colbmista") don't help at all.
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    @oldmangreg: constructive criticism is always welcome, because it helps productions like this become better :) Those who just ceaselessly complain about everything (hereafter to be referred to as "pulling a colbmista") don't help at all.

lol "pulling a colbmista"
    Alright guys, time for those of you who want to chip in and help shape this movie's plot to make your first major decision (I'm not finished posting preview clips yet though so don't worry--more to follow):
    The mission of the Fitzgerald is to either provide or disprove the authenticity of the evidence provided by the mysterious Drakus, the first step of which is to reach New Romulus alive to meet with the proconsul. Without revealing details, I can say that they will reach the planet without incident. They will drop out of warp to discover a large fleet of Romulan warships in orbit of the planet, and armed weapons platforms on each of the moons, the sector's defense force. The question now is, what should happen once they arrive?

There are three options on the table:
    1) Beam down and meet with the proconsul, who professes his belief that the recording is not genuine, only to have their meeting interrupted by news that the orbital defense group has switched sides and is targeting the office for bombardment from orbit.
    2) Drop out of warp to discover a battle in progress, a number of battlecruisers pursuing and sincerely trying to destroy a small transport, revealed to be carrying the proconsul they were sent to meet. The proconsul seeks refuge aboard the Fitzgerald.
    3) Neither, the crew meets with the proconsul without incident, but after they return to the Fitzgerald, we see Drakus emerge from the shadows and actually see his face. He pulls a weapon on the proconsul, and orders him to contact the Fitzgerald.

What do you like best?

And, something to consider for farther along down the road. Read this one only if you REALLY want to know:
    The "true" mission that Reyf is on isn't just to prove Starfleet's innocence and locate Drakus, but to locate him, determine his identity, and "neutralize him by any means necessary." His job is to locate the Rimward Station where we met Drakus earlier, capture or eliminate Drakus and his accomplices, and destroy the station if necessary.

Your job, dear reader, is to help me figure out how to advance us to The Reveal. You'll be better able to help me determine that when all the preview clips are up, so no need to worry about this just yet. But start thinking now!

Also, we know that the "evil" Dr. Garr is going to have some role in this story, now completely insane, as is the "good" Dr. Garr, whose moral compass is completely opposite his evil twin's. The question is, how do you want to feature the good Garr in the story?
    How about option 4:
    They discover the wreckage of the proconsul's ship, destroyed by Romulan weapons. The Romulan fleet targets the Fitzgerald, and one of the officers says "This would be a good time to test those new enhancements" in a sarcastic tone.

I was also thinking that maybe if they do meet Proconsul, he is secretly Drakus...but IDK.
  • bryguy78bryguy780 Posts: 0Member
    I cast my vote for option 1. I like the idea of sailing in and having the meeting with the Proconsul. Then during the meeting having a coup d'etat that results in the Proconsul being targeted from orbit. My reason for this is that the Romulan opposition would see the presence of the Fitzgerald and the meeting as a betrayal (for lack of a better word) by the Proconsul.

If you wanted to incorporate a firefight, you could have the Proconsul realize his goose is cooked and request the protection of Fitzgerald. At this point option 2 would kick in, only it would be the Fitzgerald escaping hostile forces with the Proconsul on board. Have the ship take some fire and disable (not destroy) a Romulan ship that's in the way so they can jump to warp and get out of the area. I would avoid having the Fitzgerald lay waste to everything in the area, even though it probably could, just because that's way too fanboyish. :)
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    bryguy78 wrote: »
    I would avoid having the Fitzgerald lay waste to everything in the area, even though it probably could, just because that's way too fanboyish. :)

Wheres the fun in that? :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    stfanboy wrote: »

he didint mean it personally :p
    There should be no meeting with the proconsul. As soon as Fitzy gets to New Romulus, she is ordered to surrender and prepare for boarding. Before Rayf can order the crew to stand down, a warbird decloaks and opens fire (no one on the fitzy is killed)
  • bryguy78bryguy780 Posts: 0Member
    stfanboy wrote: »
    he didint mean it personally :p

Oh no no no, I didn't mean that to be personal at all. The "fanboyish" comment had nothing to do with anyone's screen names. I was just remembering back on the Specter threads that there were some suggestions that were just so over the top it made my head spin. I was just suggesting a possible action moment that was grounded in reality, if that term can even be used for Star Trek. :)
    bryguy78 wrote: »
    ack on the Specter threads that there were some suggestions that were just so over the top it made my head spin.

I concur. Wholeheartedly. Thankfully we've been able to avoid that for the most part with Retribution...so far.
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Hehehe. Yeah brguy I agree. There where some that were off the top and I like your idea.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I would go with Option No.1, it sounds the most in line with your story so far, Its cleaver that you would want to keep the visiting starfleet members busy or distracted so proving their innocence can not be giving their full attention

As for " good garr" here is a few of my ideas

You want to establish that unlike the original timeline, in this one, Garr has gone on to graduate from Starfleet, served on a number of ships, maybe distinguished himself during the dominion war, Since his field has been science maybe He headed a special team that designed new shield modulations, scientific equipment etc.

Good Garr, basically has what Evil Garr did not, a long colourful distinguished career in Starfleet, that has left him a seasoned, well liked person and a dedicated Officer.
    To involve him in the story, you could have Garr on the fitz already, maybe he is part of 'Advanced Scientific engineering' his team installed the Romulan weapons on the ship, and he is constantly tinkering with them to make them more better and efficient.

That would be one personality trait that you could keep, that he is always trying to improve equipment and make them more efficient, has several projects going on at the same time, just bursting with ideas

But I dont see anything wrong with the admiral just coming down to his lab on board the ship to see an old friend, but make sure the conversation is warm and genuine, Like Kirk/Spock
    um....how are there 2 garrs? i know it has to do with the explosion at the end of Specter, but how does it work?
    @homer: well remember, when we were in 2368 we saw two of them--the one that was "native" to that period and had just graduated from the Academy, and the other was the one from ten years in the future, 2378. The assumption is that the older one didn't travel forward again, but remained in the timeline where he landed.
    That plot element--him not having traveled forward in time after being thrown back in time--is actually going to play a very significant role in Retribution.
    By the way guys, just thought you might want to know work is proceeding quite well on Clip #7. This one's going to be a real doozy...anyone who's been waiting for an example of how the tone of Retribution is different from Specter, this one will be it.

Hope to have it up some time tomorrow.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Can't wait :)
  • DrToiletDrToilet0 Posts: 0Member
    tnpir,

Why is there only one voice...just kidding :lol:

Just finished Specter and just wanted to say I enjoyed it and looking forward to Retribution.
    @DrToilet: I'd certainly hate for your second post to be the last one I ever see :)

Next clip is done, compiling now, about to convert and upload. As an aside, I'll be extremely impressed if anyone can identify the music cue at the very end of the clip (it's not a Star Trek piece or by anyone who's ever composed for Trek).
    Alright folks, it's up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d97V06aQyx8

I'm very eager to hear what you think of this one. I'm sure this one will start speculations wild about the remaining plot :)
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    One word: Woah...
    @JM: told you, this isn't Specter :) There's not going to be any Price is Right holograms this time, so I have to have my fun somehow!
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    Thaaaat explains the voice... *Gulp*... This Garr actually scares me..
    he's insane, but why arent his eyes red? and again, if he was (almost) blown up by Rayf in the anti-time explosion, does that mean he was thrown into the past where he met the other garr (who may or may not be insane)? And where did he get his borg tech from - you should prob explain that
    Rayf

Alright, this has been bugging me for most of Specter and now Retribution. It's Reyf. With an 'e'. R-E-Y-F.
    he's insane, but why arent his eyes red?

Completely insane!
    You can't really tell because the lighting in the room is blue, but his glasses are made of a blue crystalline material (notice the frames are darker, so different pair). They only glowed in Specter when he was really really angry, but of course with that they'd be glowing constantly now! They conceal the red glow.
    and again, if he was (almost) blown up by Reyf in the anti-time explosion, does that mean he was thrown into the past where he met the other garr (who may or may not be insane)?

Well we already know he was thrown into the past, and now we know it was a minimum of nine months before the day in 2368 when he met his past self (who is not insane!), since when we saw him he didn't appear to be ill. But we know Braiyon Garr was always very precise with his words, and if it had only been ten years (or fifteen, technically), he'd have used that figure--but notice that he said "these many years" instead. And he did say the anti-time reaction was a lot more powerful than it was supposed to be, didn't he?
    It's been much longer than fifteen years.
    And where did he get his borg tech from - you should prob explain that

From the same place he got it in Specter :) Remember that the engines, shields, and weapons were all Borg.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    I am HOOKED after that scene. Well done!
    ohhhh right, i had to check the last scene again. Whoops.

Ok, one thing has been bugging me, and i shall try to explain it for you.
    In a TV show, when you have a commercial break, when the show returns, they show a few seconds of "scenery" (outside the ship, the front gate, the stage, etc - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EstablishingShot, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardizedSpaceViews) to give the audience time to tune back in to the show. In a feature movie, there is no commercial break, and "scenery" is only shown when the plot requires it.
    Don't use external shots of the Fitzy just to be a scene-transition. Use it when you need to show the Fitzy, and for scene breaks, fade the screen to black, then cut straight to the next scene.
    /$0.02
  • r2a3867r2a38670 Posts: 0Member
    So, Garr is basically a borg-tech terminator now? and what happened to Kristy? was she destroyed/damaged during the anti-time reaction?
This discussion has been closed.