Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek: Retribution

1313233343537»

• count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Yay. I get a direct sarcastic mention both here and 3D gladiators for something that was a simple misunderstanding. Thanks tnpir. Not like I've been trying to help you in the past or anything, is it?
    Are you being serious? Are you really going to " pick up your ball and go home " ?
    Well i dont really have any wish to sign up to another fourm to follow one project, so I guess that is that.

But seriously dude, Grow thicker skin

And yea, pretty much what this guy said.

"Reinterpretations", seriously? What you're seeing is people who are trying to offer you constructive criticism on failings in your story, and you're calling them nitpicks and reinterpretations when they're really suggestions on how to improve? If you are that dead serious on your story and the way you wanted to have this play out you wouldn't have posted ANYTHING related to the story and just thrown up clips, SFX samples and demonstrations of where you're going.

If you seriously think that things will be different at 3D gladiators, just wait and see. The instant you get any sort of attention over there, people will start doing the exact same thing. In fact, it'll be more full on since 3DG has always been more "hardcore" enthusiasts then hobbyists. (You've seen that yourself on that price is right fansite. i've looked over their posts, and most of them are no different to ones here).

But no, as timelord said, pick up your ball and go. I'll remember in the future to not even bother helping you gather sound effects, or help re-write script sections when you're stuck. If you're going to kick up that much of a stink about it.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Agreed!

Basically the four of us, Nadesico, Homer, King and myself have been your biggest supporters in Spectre AND Retribution, but because we have picked apart from pretty bad scene writing and tried to help out and yeah we made some crummy jokes. You write us all off as nitpickers for the sake of nitpicking?
    Its called Constructive Criticism. Problem is that you would not budge on ALOT of script ideas we put out, and some of us had some really good ones too. Its why your Third Act of Retribution is completely screwed
    If I knew you were just going to up and leave because we point out plot holes etc, I wouldnt of gotten involved in the sequel.

Feels like a waste of six months now.. Even longer if you all count our involvement in Spectre as well

*edit* Just out of curiosity, I did have alook at the 3DS forms, and yup quick enough to say we are all big meanies and arent helping at all
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    This situation is unfortunate.

As nice a place as 3DGladiators is (and I hope the people that run it don't take offence at this), you are severely limiting the amount of feedback you will be getting. This is what my grandmother would call cutting off your nose to spite your face. It is even stranger that it is for reasons so trivial.

I have looked over the thread and I see nothing inflammatory from the members you mention, besides every big thread has some unwanted posts to wade through, you should be content your work is so popular. I do wonder why you post in the first place as you don't seem to want/need any of the feedback you get, perhaps this is the root of the problem here?

I would like to remind you that no member here is more or less important than any other, in this situation your use of the ignore list will only frustrate people who have dedicated a lot of time to you. They are respected and longtime members of this community and they don't deserve to be cut off. Despite what you think they have shown you more respect than you are showing them right now. I'm particularly suprised to see your reaction to homer as he's given you a lot of support over the years, even taking time to write an article promoting your work - it seems awfully fickle and unfair the way he has been treated here.

I hope you reconsider for their sake.
  • Thy KingThy King0 Posts: 0Member
    I might have put the final nail in the coffin here. I have send tnpir a private message where i expressed my irritation about the lack of appreciation for the feedback he gets. If friendly advice or comments are given, they are met with insults and threats. In my oppinion that is no way to approach people that help you, and i had to express that. I did that via a personal message, since i did not see the need for doing that publically.

I did not get a response, but it seems we (or just I) are/am more trouble than we are worth.

If i ruined the experience for other people here in the thread, i appologize, that was never my intention. I am just of the oppinion that a little appreciation, and a lack of insults and threats was not to much to ask.

I do hope you (tnpir) would like to reconsidder, as i stated that i like reviewing your work, and like seeing it as well.
  • CaptainRoopCaptainRoop0 Posts: 0Member
    I just want to say that I have been following this thread for some time now even tho I have not made a post at all until now. I really hate to see things turn out like they have.
    I hope to, that he reconsiders and start posting here again. I was trying to keep up with it all, but I will not join another forum either if it comes down to that.

At some point maybe, we has a whole with the Grandeur Project might be doing a CGI movie similar to what Tnpir is doing. I just hope if we do and if we share it piece by piece on a scifi thread we don't have this problem at all. I know personally I would be open to any and all constructed comments that were being made. But then again that is just me.
    ...At some point maybe, we has a whole with the Grandeur Project might be doing a CGI movie similar to what Tnpir is doing. I just hope if we do and if we share it piece by piece on a scifi thread we don't have this problem at all. I know personally I would be open to any and all constructed comments that were being made...
    It is one of the fundamental rules here, only post your work if you're open to feedback, after all people come here to learn and if you stifle discussion no one will learn anything. I've never known of anyone to have a problem with it before.
    Thy King wrote: »
    I might have put the final nail in the coffin here. I have send tnpir a private message where i expressed my irritation about the lack of appreciation for the feedback he gets. If friendly advice or comments are given, they are met with insults and threats. In my oppinion that is no way to approach people that help you, and i had to express that. I did that via a personal message, since i did not see the need for doing that publically.

I did not get a response, but it seems we (or just I) are/am more trouble than we are worth.
    If i ruined the experience for other people here in the thread, i appologize, that was never my intention. I am just of the oppinion that a little appreciation, and a lack of insults and threats was not to much to ask.

No , I think you were right to privately msg him and say 'look your pretty much shooting down any ideas but your own '

Probably shouldnt have, but I went straight to the 3DS thread to say pretty much " yeah thanks for turning your nose up at us after all the help we gave you "

If he feels we are not worthy of his time after all our time we gave him, then let him be. I wash my hands of this project. So we should all work together on something bigger and better :D
    No , I think you were right to privately msg him and say 'look your pretty much shooting down any ideas but your own '
    To be fair, i did not make that point. He can shoot down anything he wants, it is his choice and his project. He has a view of the entire picture/story, so he is in the position to make the choice. But it is the insults, apparent blowups and threats i can do without. That is all.
    Probably shouldnt have, but I went straight to the 3DS thread to say pretty much " yeah thanks for turning your nose up at us after all the help we gave you "
    i think the balance is needed. We have never insulted his work, his capability of making a great story, yet there appears to be a complete lack of respect, and maybe person skills from him. And that is just sad and not needed.
    Keep things within SFM guys, the staff at 3DGladiators aren't responsible for any of this so it would be unfair for it to spread over there. Besides tnpir4002 is reading your responses here, I've seen his IP as Guest browsing this thread.

My advice to you all is to move on and forget about this.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    i'm just going to say that there is a right way and a wrong way to close off future feedback. blowing up at everyone for trying to be helpful, for putting in hours of our time to help you make your story better is the wrong way. im not going to ask you to apologize or beg you to return, but if you do come back, we all would appreciate a little more respect of our opinions.
  • CaptainRoopCaptainRoop0 Posts: 0Member
    IRML wrote: »
    It is one of the fundamental rules here, only post your work if you're open to feedback, after all people come here to learn and if you stifle discussion no one will learn anything. I've never known of anyone to have a problem with it before.

Me either, I try not to say to much usually as I am not an artist and only a fair writer, sticking mostly to novels I write or help write with other crew members about our ship and chapter. Every now and then I throw my 2 cents in and hope it will help somewhere. I read a couple of posts along the way that maybe could have done with out saying something. But for the most part I think all of you were fair and honest and gave good input where needed.
  • bryguy78bryguy780 Posts: 0Member
    Tnpir4002,

Sad to see you go, but to be honest, I'm surprised it took you this long. It did seem as though the Retribution project got hijacked (for lack of a better word) in a way by certain people. I personally stopped myself from commenting as much when I found myself about to suggest a direction for Retribution that would have set up a third movie and make the whole thing a trilogy.

I've really enjoyed your work and will continue to follow it on You Tube. I've never been to the Gladiator site you mentioned, but I'll check it out.

Always keep in mind one thing, it's your project, your story, do what you want with it. If something doesn't seem to work the first time through, you can always revise the thing. :)

Take care dude,
    Bry
    I have send a PM to IRML asking for this thread to be locked and closed.

I know some of us are quite disappointed with how the way things have gone, and we should probably discuss it privately instead of adding fuel to the fire using this public thread, plus with it being locked, no chance of Necroposting as well
    IRML wrote: »
    Keep things within SFM guys, the staff at 3DGladiators aren't responsible for any of this so it would be unfair for it to spread over there. Besides tnpir4002 is reading your responses here, I've seen his IP as Guest browsing this thread.
    There is nothing here he should not read. But since this is not the first time we are being bad-mouthed on another forum, a neutral counter response is no bad thing. But i do agree that the comment should not be taken there.

I do see the comment has been removed though.

@tnpir:
    I know you will eventually read this: This whole thing got started because you failed to give to others what you did expect (and demanded) in return, namely: respect. Before you feel good about yourself for leaving, remember this: you will get flak everytime you treat people the way you did here. Be the better man, and look at yourself before criticizing others; know your own character flaws. You get treated the same way you treat others. Simple truth.

Good luck on your story. I find it genuinely sad it has to end the way you ended it. There was no need for it.
This discussion has been closed.