Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice, it's got bit a steam punk feel to it.
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    A little update.

First image shows my boss standing on the observation deck... taking a picture of something. lol :lol:

Second image is just some flares and hull lighting ive been working on.

More later. :cool:
    81260.jpg81261.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh JJ lens flares!
    This is looking great. It's nice the last few eps have had more views of the ship to study!
    Greeble time... although I think I went a little overkill with the piping... I might go back redo that. :cool:
    81306.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    yeha pipe overkill
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    WOW this is looking AWSOME! Certainly makes it alot clearer the basic layout at the moment, the official pics of the destiny are too dark to see everything.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool. I don't think you got enough Pipes there. ;)
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    absolute lovely work here!!!
    Okay, I changed the piping. I guess I got carried away with it. :lol:
    81344.jpg
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    still looks good
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Looks good... I wish everything on this show was as good as the production values. :)
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Looks great. Am I the only one that actually likes the show?

Brian
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    BrianSzep wrote: »
    Looks great. Am I the only one that actually likes the show?

Brian

you are not alone in this big world

nice detailing Vilandra ^^, i wish that i could work on my second version of my Destiny, but i have no time -.-
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I agree BrianSzep. The show is fine. The problem is people want another SG1, so they don't want to give SGU a chance to be different and it's own show.
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Pagrin wrote: »
    I agree BrianSzep. The show is fine. The problem is people want another SG1, so they don't want to give SGU a chance to be different and it's own show.
    no the problem is SGU is terrible and as the ratings have been dropping like a stone it clearly shows that it sucks.

and its not that people want another sg1 its that they want quality entertainment and SGU is not its a weird BSG concept were they are poorly trying to attract teens who care about who is sleeping with who and who doesnt like who. then there are the writers that can write comedy and snarky fun characters ala sg1 but they should stay far far away from drama.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Fully disagree Omni.... SGU is a great show... it's just too different than SG-1/SG:A for the majority of SG fans. What's the DVR/Live+1/+7 ratings like?
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Fully disagree Omni.... SGU is a great show... it's just too different than SG-1/SG:A for the majority of SG fans. What's the DVR/Live+1/+7 ratings like?

and you are allowed to ;)
    well last i checked SGU is doing the same as SGA and sga got canceled so im keeping my fingers crossed for SGU to end the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Well, I personally like the show, and my fingers are crossed for it not to get canceled, so there! :p
    Second season is already filming... so there's definitely gonna be 2 seasons of SG:U
    and hopefully no more ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    omnipotent Today 10:58 AM
    and hopefully no more

Hey Omni,

Don't be such a grump. :p :lol:
    Admit it, the show isn't as bad as you think it is. :lol:

If it were, why would you want to make a model of "Destiny" then? :confused: :p

I know I only like making models os ships from series I do like. ;)

Dr Lee Yesterday 09:09 PM
    Second season is already filming... so there's definitely gonna be 2 seasons of SG:U

That's good! :thumb:
    And hope they keep filming, cause I'm tried of getting into a series, just to see it canceled with no finish!

Like some of the old series from the 80's and 90's, one was called "The Tripods", and there are many like that. That ended abruptly with no endings (just leaves ya hangin in the wind).
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Hey guys,

This isn't my thread and I didn't mean for this to be a discussion about the series. I think we need to return this thread back to it's original scheduled program. ;)

Brian
    Vahmp wrote: »
    Hey Omni,

Don't be such a grump. :p :lol:
    Admit it, the show isn't as bad as you think it is. :lol:

If it were, why would you want to make a model of "Destiny" then? :confused: :p

I know I only like making models os ships from series I do like. ;)

im not being a grump im just being very clear on that i dont like the show ;) and yeah i can admit it isnt as bad as ive made it out to be its actually worse as i have just watched the season finale and i def dont like it hey i gave it an entire season to try and entice me but it only turned me off it more.

and not liking the show and liking the destiny model has nothing to do with eachother. i hate the show but i respect jose A perez' design work on the destiny and that the reason ive built a destiny of my own ;)
    Heres the small turret gun in action.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8pzvPA-gU4
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work! The tracking software needs an update though :p

@omni: How did you see the season finale, last I checked the most recent episode was 1x17?
    they have leaked ;)
    Well.... not exactly... the Ukraine has aired them already and they've been uploaded to the net...
    there are english copies ;)
  • sovereign117sovereign1170 Posts: 0Member
    Well I'm not a big fan of the show, and I really don't like the design of the ship. But i must say your model is of the utmost quality. Keep up the good work.