Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Man you got your hands full with this model with all that detail!
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Added some damage. Ive also been taking some time to find a quick way of adding the hull plating. I really didnt want to have to model every single plate of the exterior. Unfortunately, C4D doesnt have a "hull plating" function. :D So as of now, im out of ideas on the hull.
    74566.jpg74567.jpg
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Great work!
    It's a very different ship than we are used to for sure!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Man that is looking sweet!
    Beginning stages of the observation deck. Im hoping I have enough patience to do the inside, for some nice high res renders. ;)
    74583.jpg74584.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice so far. Great detail on what you got done at the moment.
    It looks a bit small, but that is only down to nothing to scale it against.
    Hey Vilandra, theres some hi res FX shots from SGU on the offical site
    Official Stargate Website: Browse All Images (beware! spoilers ahoy :p )

Their all kind of spread out in the "Production" section, but if you get the full size images, you might be able to make out some more detail and greebles and stuff. (some FX shots from Atlantis too...)

And 100% "HOLY CRAP" factor on taking on such an awesome project. Doing fantastic so far :thumb: :cool:
    okay now my jaw hit the ground!
    Nice Work Again!
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on the details of the ship, when are you going to make the drive on the back of the ship? Would be interesting how you make that, because no picture shows that really good.
    A little update on the inside of the observation deck.

@Barroth, i'll be doing the drive later. ;)
    74651.jpg
    Amazeing!
    Nice Job.
    Okay thats nice.
    I just joined the site after looking for a model Destiny then stumbling upon this forum. Fantastic work Vilandra. I've never used C4D, but I'm curious to see how the technique differs from 3ds max or maya, the two programs I use. Is this all polygonal modeling, followed by smooth operations?

Anyhow...Keep up the great work, you have yet another fan eager to see your progress as the ship design/series keeps revealing more!
    I just joined the site after looking for a model Destiny then stumbling upon this forum. Fantastic work Vilandra. I've never used C4D, but I'm curious to see how the technique differs from 3ds max or maya, the two programs I use. Is this all polygonal modeling, followed by smooth operations?

Anyhow...Keep up the great work, you have yet another fan eager to see your progress as the ship design/series keeps revealing more!

Yes, most of it is polygonal modeling. There are a few parts that were hand drawn as a spline, then placed in a extrude nurb to get the editable poly object.

Cinema 4D doesnt have a smooth operation like MAX or Maya. What it does have is hypernurbs, which gives the smoothing. Right now, only the nose section has smoothing. Everything else is just beveled and rounded.

Ive been busy with work this week, so I dont have any new updates. Will probably be a while before I can get back on it. Ive got more work coming, so ill be busy for a few days.
  • SnyderSnyder0 Posts: 0Member
    hope you can continue the destiny as soon as possible ...
    i really like it ;)

here mine till now:

untitleduw7w.jpg
    Snyder....Wow. This is great. Your attention to detail in phenomenal. I can't wait to see more progress on both ships. What application are you using to build your Destiny Synder?

Vostro, in response to your previous comment about modeling technique...I have found that the sub-div modeling in maya worked great for polygonal smoothing. It automatically creates a smooth proxy as you work with traditional poly-modeling tools. I only ran into problems when trying to get my texture maps apply properly...sorry to get off topic here.

Good work though!
    A little progress on the observation deck. My attempt at hull plating.
    74963.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    With this level of detail you are going to run this up into the millions in no tim e fast!
    I love those two pillars.
    They are the structural members that hold up the Bridge from the Blade Trinity set!!!
    And that area is a rehash of the Ancient vessel bridge!!!(I have a picture of that from when i was on the set!)
    Excellent work.
    I look forward to seeing more.
    That looking great. look forward to seeing more.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Bar wrote: »
    I love those two pillars.
    They are the structural members that hold up the Bridge from the Blade Trinity set!!!
    And that area is a rehash of the Ancient vessel bridge!!!(I have a picture of that from when i was on the set!)
    Excellent work.
    I look forward to seeing more.

when were you on the set?

Great looking model by the way I had reservations when you started from your first pic I can see 'dont judge a book by its cover' applies here.
    liam887 wrote: »
    when were you on the set?

Last April.
    I have some KILLER pictures...
    :D
  • SnyderSnyder0 Posts: 0Member
    then share them with us^^ I WANT THEM !!!!!!
    Snyder wrote: »
    then share them with us^^ I WANT THEM !!!!!!

Here are some:

Me with some dudes who were there at the time...

Scan_12.jpg

Me at the gate:

Baratthegate.jpg

Standing under the room where they disconnect the electrical earthing points in Atlantis(And you will notice the Ancient bridge RIGHT BELOW that set...):

CIMG0959.jpg

On the bridge of the D:

CIMG0997.jpg

The Time Machine prop:

CIMG1187.jpg

At the Atlantis gate:

CIMG0897.jpg

Chillin' in Woolsey's office:

CIMG0917.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    Lucky!!!!
    Pheonix wrote: »
    Lucky!!!!

Yeah.
    It was a great trip, and well worth it(I can recommend it to anyone if you want to tour the sets).
    I have loads more images.
    I was snapping non stop for hours!!!
  • ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    Bar..........i hate you! of course you know this means war.
    haha nah im just joshin, anyway man how does one get the chances to visit the sets?

btw nice progress on Destiny Vilandra hope to see more soon