Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• TaidremTaidrem67 Posts: 279Member
    yo-ma-yo mega realictic! cool video!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice! One day everyone will have 64 cores per processor..... why can't the future be now? :)
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Mikala.... yeah, not bad for a single machine. Although it would certainly be nice to be able to have a small farm to render this still on. :)

@ Taidrem.... Thanks!

@ dwl.... Yeah, I know what you mean. It would be nice to have that, although im sure it would cost a fortune.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice
  • Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    Barroth wrote: »
    It would be bad if you stop working on your ship ^^
    What is a render farm?
    http://www.rebusfarm.com/render-farm-home-ppc_en.html?gclid=CI2HgL6ttKcCFQvbbgodYFWD_Q
    They actually aren't that expensive...
    Its been some time since my last update. Been busy with work and a few other personal projects.

Ive been working on Destiny for the past couple of days trying to create the FTL effect. Unfortunately, I havent had any success. Cinema 4D does not have a way of applying motion blur to its particles (pyrocluster), and I thought about doing it in post (After Effects), but I have no idea how to export the velocity data from C4D to AE so I can blur the pyrocluster. It would definitely be nice to know how they do this effect for the show.

Ive added some more hull plating, as well as more detail to the rear engines. Theres a few more small things I have to model and duplicate on the top, and then I can get started on the bottom.

More to come later..... maybe tonight, or tomorrow, as im working on this right now. :cool:
    89283.jpg89284.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see she's still coming along.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Not sure if this is any help, but i use a plugin for AE called reelsmartblur.. great for low cost motion bluring.. Does c4d have a fluid system?? That might look better than particles, But im no tech expert..

Always good to see your threads updated.. :)
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Great to see something new on this thread ^^, how is your work on the damage going on?
    markmassey wrote: »
    Not sure if this is any help, but i use a plugin for AE called reelsmartblur.. great for low cost motion bluring.. Does c4d have a fluid system?? That might look better than particles, But im no tech expert..

Always good to see your threads updated.. :)

I have RSMB as well, and I tried it on a few tests, and it only looks good from certain angles..... otherwise, it gives a weird wavy look.

C4D does not have a fluid system. In order to get fluid inside of C4D, I would have to use a plugin, or use RealFlow. I tried RealFlow, and even though it was giving me the best results, (as far as fluid movement), im still stuck with having no way of applying proper motion blur to the particles once rendered.

I have a couple of other ideas that im going to try. Hopefully I can get this figured out.
    Barroth wrote: »
    Great to see something new on this thread ^^, how is your work on the damage going on?

I havent added any damage yet other than whats already been there, as im modeling in symmetry, so once the modeling is done, ill make the damaged areas editable, and model the damage.
    Some very nice work there.
    More hull plating and odd looking parts....
    89305.jpg
    Vilandra wrote: »
    I'v always wondered, what are those clamp like things on the concave edges of the ship?
    Maybe docking claps from the space station it was luanched from?
    I guess we will never know.

Nice work on the details.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    They are Graboids!
  • igordiduxigordidux0 Posts: 0Member
    Or you can throw a youtube video with the new model and show in Max
    2. Mozhyte whether to make a model for the game X 3 Terran Conflict
    PLEASE!
    Everyone is looking for Atlantis and its haroshego no
    At least Videos
    Using free for udovolstviya their own and other
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Just watched "Hope" the other day (ironic name, isn't it?) and I'm really disappointed that it's over. I didn't like the first season much, but it was just hitting its stride.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    Just watched "Hope" the other day (ironic name, isn't it?) and I'm really disappointed that it's over. I didn't like the first season much, but it was just hitting its stride.

I 10000% agree...I was starting to really really like the show...especially the set/media design...BSG Quality. Now they're shutting down the whole SG franchise for an undisclosed time. Sad, Destiny will float in space forever.:(

On a happy note, great model man, can't wait to see more progress.
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Vilandra wrote: »

IA’m sure that you hate this already, because the hull plating is sometimes really boring to make ^^
  • hipplzzzhipplzzz0 Posts: 0Member
    hi, i admire your work, so if don't mind me asking, are you going to release the model? because mine sucks compared to yours
    BhpQt.png
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    hipplzzz wrote: »
    hi, i admire your work, so if don't mind me asking, are you going to release the model? because mine sucks compared to yours
    BhpQt.png

and how would u learn anythign by taking some one elses model?
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    By looking at how it was constructed perhaps?
    ....................... i didn't take from his model, i did this myself.......... what are you talking about?
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    hipplzzz wrote: »
    ....................... i didn't take from his model, i did this myself.......... what are you talking about?

how would having vilandra's model help you, except for you to learn from it how to build the finer details and such?
    i didnt say u used his model i said how would you learn anything by taking his model so you can use it cuz u asked him if u could use it and i said what would u learn from using some one elses model? nothing right
    well, i know how to make it, but i just don't have time, i'm only 15, i have exams soon, and my teachers are making me do useless fΔx
    ur 15 ur jobless u have plenty of time lol
    colbmista wrote: »
    ur 15 ur jobless u have plenty of time lol
    If only these forums had a "like" feature...
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Just remember "Time is relevant......lunch time, doubly so."