Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

167891012»

• Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    Loved the premise, execution was iffy.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    Poor execution, bad writing..much like Enterprise.
    I've watched the New Doctor all last year ...it was interesting but I haven't gone back to it yet.

I think the ship had potential...but with shields even at minimum power capable of skimming start why would any of these enemy ships ever be a problem? Stars put out yotta watts of power at that range. Atlantis would have come after Destiny which is 50 million years old. Atlantis should have been able to sit on the surface of star and continually refuel and never have problem with being attacked.
    But invincible starships makes for a lousy story :P
    Yeah, poor execution, lousy writing, too much high school drama, too much sleeping with everyone elses wives...etc

Enterprise wasn't bad, but there were definitely a bunch of iffy shows, and even the good ones had some iffy parts. Not to mention the whole goddamn temporal cold war+alien nazis basically ruined it, despite a fairly decent 4th season. As a whole, voyager was much worse.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I want to comment but in a friendly way. Those of us who are fans of sci-fi may be shooting ourselves in the foot when we tear apart shows like Stargate Universe and Enterprise and Voyager. Yeah there are iffy and even bad stories, but man, I really wanted to see where they were going with Stargate Universe. I was disappointed when it went off the air.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    -homerpalooza
    Frankly, SGU was marginally better than ENT.
    Enterprise had bad acting and bad stories Season 1-3 (Berman wrote all of season 1 and 2) He was kicked out of Season 4
    SGU had bad stories.
    VOY was so mediocre.

-Brandenberg
    I'm a FIRM believer in "If you encourage poor story telling, you'll get more poor story telling"
    Berman couldn't be told that First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis were mediocre or awful. So he was eventually going to run Trek into the ground at some point.

Back then I'd rather watch 24, Alias, West Wing, SG1 or Atlantis.
    Remember they depend on fans watching no matter what.
    To get more you have to demand more.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Actually, now that we demand more we get.....reality tv.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I don't disagree with your premise Saquist - not at all. I was annoyed like a lot of people with all the stone-traveling back to earth to fill in the character's back story. A lot of this was done in a different way with Battlestar Gallactica. The SGU writers may have been trying to go for emotional stuff that would garner an emmy or something - who knows. As the SGU went on, though we got into this really interesting race against aliens who wanted Destiny. Meanwhile the fans had gone away and it got sacked. I just felt like I was more willing to give it a chance. What you said was true though, the flagging ratings made the writers step it up. If only the viewership had come back.

Like you I loved Atlantis. Have the Blu-ray set. Awesome.

mikala - I know... You hit it on the head.
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Again:o Love the detail. Can't wait to see it finished. Are you thinking about doing so low res. images of the ship after the animation?
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    @Saquist, @brandenburg: Valid points.

Now lets see some more Destiny renders!
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see a update on your Destiny ^^, if you need some references i can help you with that