Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    FTL drive. 3.2 million polys so far.
    85975.jpg85976.jpg85977.jpg
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    That my friend is not a ship. That is a work of art. Great job on the detail. :thumb:
  • KevlarKevlar0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool...!!! :cool:
    Working on the bottom now.... :cool:
    86003.jpg
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    The Engine looks great ^^, but the shape of the bottom needs a lot of work ^^
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    where gods name did you spend all those polys? tubes/pipes?
    the show model is 3.8 million polys you think youll go past that?
    also im agreeing with barroth and also add that you may want to tweak your pyramid as in its current configuration its wierd (imo its to wide and out of scale) and that gives the perfectly detailed ship a lesser quality look.
    Barroth wrote: »
    The Engine looks great ^^, but the shape of the bottom needs a lot of work ^^

Yeah, I know. Thats just the basic shape and layout. Attached is one of several images im using for the bottom.

omnipotent wrote:
    where gods name did you spend all those polys? tubes/pipes?
    the show model is 3.8 million polys you think youll go past that?
    also im agreeing with barroth and also add that you may want to tweak your pyramid as in its current configuration its wierd (imo its to wide and out of scale) and that gives the perfectly detailed ship a lesser quality look.

The pyramid was scaled according to the references I have from the show, as well as the attached image (rear shot of model).

I have no idea where all the poly's were spent at. Theres a couple areas that I can optimize, so after im done modeling, ill go back and quickly reduce the poly count in those areas.
    86014.jpg86015.jpg
    Ok, good to hear ^^
    Vilandra wrote: »
    The pyramid was scaled according to the references I have from the show, as well as the attached image (rear shot of model).

I have no idea where all the poly's were spent at. Theres a couple areas that I can optimize, so after im done modeling, ill go back and quickly reduce the poly count in those areas.

hmm then i dont know but it just looks out of place somehow.. i guess some of it can be atributed to dif camera lenses but it just gives me a slightly "fat" feeling when i look at it.
    and as i have made several versions of the ship myself i have seen every refference there is i just cant shake the feeling that something is off... dont get me wrong the work is brilliant sofar its just i feel it need one more nudge and it would be spot on.

anyway looking forward to more updates ;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice.
    are you planing on doing the seeder ship as well?
    Freak wrote: »
    Very Nice.
    are you planing on doing the seeder ship as well?

I highly doubt it. :lol:

Not enough references, and I just dont have the time to jump into another huge ship project.

You can tackle that one if you want. :lol:
    I highly doubt it. :lol:

Not enough references, and I just dont have the time to jump into another huge ship project.

You can tackle that one if you want. :lol:
    it isnt that huge seeing as you have all the greebles used on the seeder right there on your destiny. most of the seeder detail is parts recycling at its finest as we are all so used to when it comes to stargate.

well then i guess its up to me to make the seeder...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Yeah I don't think I'll do that, to busy with my Akira.
    well i went ahead and made a moderatly detailed Seeder ship mesh to use in combination with my destiny
    oics here-->HERE<--here if you wanna have a look :)
    It looks like that with Season 2 our source of references ends -.-, but i think that you can finish that mesh without any problems ^^
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    It looks like that with Season 2 our source of references ends -.-, but i think that you can finish that mesh without any problems ^^

Yeah. It's a shame that.
    Yeah, I'll definitely keep working on the ship, but as far as the show.... I really wasnt a big fan of some of the characters and the storylines. I was however, a fan of the ship, its origins, and what its purpose was.

I guess now we'll never really know. Maybe ill have to come up with my own ideas and animate them. Anyone care to buy me a render farm? :lol:
    Yeah, I'll definitely keep working on the ship, but as far as the show.... I really wasnt a big fan of some of the characters and the storylines. I was however, a fan of the ship, its origins, and what its purpose was.

I guess now we'll never really know. Maybe ill have to come up with my own ideas and animate them. Anyone care to buy me a render farm? :lol:

It would be bad if you stop working on your ship ^^
    What is a render farm?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    really u work 3d and u dunno what a renderfarm is? its a network of computers with a goal for super fast render times ie all its memory is dedicated to rendering images for 3d movies/images
    It would be bad if you stop working on your ship ^^
    What is a render farm?

A renderfarm is the name for a large group of computers (mainly servers) that are networked together for the soul purpose of rendering.

For example, when an animator has finished putting together the scene, and its been lit, textured, and ready to render, instead of rendering it on a single workstation, the file is distributed from the workstation across the network, and each server will render its own frame.

If the animation is 10 seconds long, and 30fps (300 frames), a single workstation would have to render all 300 frames. But if its sent to a renderfarm, then each server can render a separate frame. So if you have 300 servers, then each one would render one of the 300 frames needed, and the animation would be completed within minutes, rather than hours or days.

Make sense? :)
    A renderfarm is the name for a large group of computers (mainly servers) that are networked together for the soul purpose of rendering.

For example, when an animator has finished putting together the scene, and its been lit, textured, and ready to render, instead of rendering it on a single workstation, the file is distributed from the workstation across the network, and each server will render its own frame.

If the animation is 10 seconds long, and 30fps (300 frames), a single workstation would have to render all 300 frames. But if its sent to a renderfarm, then each server can render a separate frame. So if you have 300 servers, then each one would render one of the 300 frames needed, and the animation would be completed within minutes, rather than hours or days.

Make sense? :)

sounds good, but your destiny is not that big, or is your rendertime higher than 10 minutes?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    sounds good, but your destiny is not that big, or is your rendertime higher than 10 minutes?

not that big? its over 3 mill and he still has the bottom to finish

It depends on how much of the ship will be in the camera view, what resolution im rendering at, if im using ambient occlusion, etc.

The average render time for one frame on my machine, rendering the Destiny, is about 30 seconds.

If I wanted to render a 720p animation that was maybe 30 seconds long, I would probably have to render overnight. If I had another 8-core machine, I could cut render time in half.
    colbmista wrote: »
    not that big? its over 3 mill and he still has the bottom to finish

you know my work, i have some experience with big meshes
    A little update. Working on the inside of the observation deck. All of this is done with standard lighting. No GI.:cool:
    86289.jpg
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Looks great for standard lighting. :) Your model looks fantastic.

-Brian
    Great work ^^
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    At first I want to say that your Modell is great; so far you did an awesome job with the details and the shape: It realy looks like Destiny! In november I started with the new hydroponics dome for a small scene I planed but after seeing this thread and your modell I started with the whole ship. I realy like the Destiny with itA’s details and itA’s shape and it is a new challenge for me because it is more difficult and complex then BC-304, which is the biggest modell I did so far. So just keep on your great work at the ship and thank you for posting your progress at this thread. :)
    Its been a while since ive done anything with this project. I had some time last night to work on it. I put together a quick animation of a first person type view on the observation deck.

Render time was 10 hours, 48 minutes. No GI. Only standard lights.

The textures, or lack of, is temporary. Im working on a few ideas for the hull texture.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Not bad at all render time wise for 15 seconds.
    She's looking mighty purdy!