Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny

• Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    yes now for me to make a Sheet for her lol..

like i did for other ships :)

btw can you make some top, bottom, and side views of her for my little thing. i will have the sheet done soon after.
  • Fenix86Fenix860 Posts: 0Member
    I am enjoying seeing the progress of your work, excellent =)
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    Are we going to see a update in the next time?
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Barroth wrote: »
    Are we going to see a update in the next time?

I'll try to get back to this soon. Ive been busy with work and other projects.

Ive got to a point where im going to have to make up some of the hull greebles. I cannot find any good up close shots of certain parts of the ship, so ill have to make it up as I go.
  • gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    Season 2 Hi Def screen captures from Gateworld.net.
    Second ship similar to Destiny. Probably one of the ships sent out ahead of Destiny to place the Stargates.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=934&pos=0

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=934&pos=76
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Awsome work on this, I have been following this thread for some time, I may not post allot but I do like to watch. Hopefully we will see some more soon.

On a side note, fellas if you want to discuss your likes and dislikes of SGU then there are other places to do that. It's plain rude to do it in this thread.

Rant over look forward to seeing more :thumb:
    I'll have more coming soon. Ive had the past day off from work, so ive been working on this project.

I'll try to post some more either later tonight, or sometime tomorrow.
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Vilandra wrote: »
    I'll have more coming soon. Ive had the past day off from work, so ive been working on this project.

I'll try to post some more either later tonight, or sometime tomorrow.

Kudos to you, I know what its like trying to juggle hobbies and work.. look forward to seeing your progress. Fantastic work to date.
    Heres a screen capture of some of my latest work on the ship.... in HD.
    Woah, thatA’s a nice vid ^^ and your Destiny is going to be a great mesh ^^
    Thanks for posting a update ^^
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    Just fantastic, beautiful work especially how you did the piping I've never found a way to do piping like that in maya.
    :thumb:
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Great Vid. Thanks.
    Update.
    85433.jpg85434.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Excellent. Good to see her getting some lovin' .
    Looks like a bit of a nightmare to model.
    Yep. Ive had a few days off from work (waiting for client to approve job) so ive had some time to work on this some more.

That closeup shot shows some damage that I added. Its a little hard to see though. I think ill have to go back and add some jagged edged and bent metal to it.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Ah damage. That is something I have not seen on modeled most of the Destiny meshes out there.
    Yep. Ive had a few days off from work (waiting for client to approve job) so ive had some time to work on this some more.

That closeup shot shows some damage that I added. Its a little hard to see though. I think ill have to go back and add some jagged edged and bent metal to it.

I hope that this doesnA’t sound bad, but i hope that the client need some more time, because that is some really good work you do

The beginning of the damage is a nice start, are you making the shield effect into the wip or is it something you add after the ship is finished?
    Well ive run into a big problem.... but its nothing that I cant fix. ;)

Working my way forward on the top of the ship (going towards the nose) I realized that the nose of the ship was way too long and I had a long section of unused space. So I had to cut out a large section of the nose to shorten things up. Now it looks better. I guess that happens when there arent any good orthographic shots to use. I originally had to guess at how far the nose section went out.

Heres a top ortho shot if anyone is interested.
    85473.jpg
    des3.jpg 247.4K
    good shot, but i think that everyone has that problem with the right size ^^
    there are many good shots of the top, now that there are more eps aired

what comes next? looks like you almost finished the front
    Im going to work my way down the side, then work on the rear (FTL drive), then ill start on the bottom.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Not a big fan of the ship itself but the model is nice and you got some really cool setup for the materials and lighting. Looking forward to updates :thumb:
    Oh and when I saw the "damage" I thought it's some kind of "dragon-esque vinyl punched in the hull ...
    A little update on the nose....
    85655.jpg85656.jpg
    ItA’s still great ^^
    Working on the side forward facing thrusters/engines.

Also started working on a hull texture....
    85732.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweet details, I love it.
    Nice thrusters, do you animate them?
    Yes. They can be animated. :)

And if anyone is interested in knowing... the poly count is 3 million now.
    Yes. They can be animated. :)

And if anyone is interested in knowing... the poly count is 3 million now.

3 Millions? that is big, but with drive and bottom its going to be 4,5 or 5,5 millions ^^
    Yeah, it is big. And im using a lot of instancing too. I would imagine it would be even higher without the instances.

I do have a lot of detail though..... ;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice work on the engines.