Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D3D WIP for Vir Inter Astrum universe

• 3113110 Posts: 0Member
    this could just be my dislike of mechs talking but that mech looks very easy to take out with a shoulder fired rocket or even a firearm with armor piercing rounds just hit the cockpit and game over man game over. if i may make a suggestion perhaps an internal cockpit with several cameras around the mech that give the pilot a HUD otherwise i can see infantry tearing that thing apart
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    liam887 wrote: »
    No nothing came up?
    I`m sorry, was away from 3D-modelling and missed your reply somehow. I`ve sent another email, if it won`t be delivered again, I`ll try to think something out on this matter.
    do any of you have bbzwbbzw email ive tried emailing but nothing came up

Sorry, I`ve lost contact with him long ago.
    0311 wrote: »
    this could just be my dislike of mechs talking but that mech looks very easy to take out with a shoulder fired rocket or even a firearm with armor piercing rounds just hit the cockpit and game over man game over. if i may make a suggestion perhaps an internal cockpit with several cameras around the mech that give the pilot a HUD otherwise i can see infantry tearing that thing apart
    It surely can be downed with RPG round, just like any tank or IFV (Its basicly a one-man IFV). Anti-tank rifle from a lucky angle could possibly kill the pilot. Generator assembly or actuators could be damaged with heavy machinegun fire with some luck. Small-arms fire won`t do. Cockpit is fully enclosed in a sloped armor, from 60vv to 60mm+50mm in layers. What you mistaked for viewports, are the visual ports for secondary sensors. They`ve got no connection with internal volume of the cockpit.
  • I.g.(.I.g.(.0 Posts: 0Member
    ehy welcome back man! :D
    Are you going to continue your work now?
    Sort of necroposting in my own tread.

Testing Raylecton render, while trying to match current level of details of Bbzw2. Just on missile hardpoint for now.

51414_Frigate_3_0_concept.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice details, i never knew this thread was here so i have not seen the rest of it yet.
    It was done before. Now I`m just "upgrading" the old model.

http://via.wikia.com/wiki/Stremitelniy-class_Battle_Frigate
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    What do you think of raylecton?
    In one word - strange. And very demanding to CPU. It managed to heat up my i7 to 85 degrees. Im still not sure how it works with lights and textures, but judging from what I see - kerkythea seems a better choice for now.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Looks very good! I like the tiny thruster details :thumb:
    Stonecold wrote: »
    In one word - strange. And very demanding to CPU. It managed to heat up my i7 to 85 degrees. Im still not sure how it works with lights and textures, but judging from what I see - kerkythea seems a better choice for now.
    or try my tutorial in my signature, then you can export to blender where you can render animations as well as stills. kerkythea is used in the export process.
    Kerkythea renders more then ok by itself. It got some specific problems, but nothing serious. Currently, I want to try octane render, but it will wait, till I get some spare cash (the price bites).

Thank you for kind words, Cavebear. Now I just have to find some strength in me, to continue this "upgrade" on the rest of the frigate :lol:
    Thank you for kind words, Cavebear. Now I just have to find some strength in me, to continue this "upgrade" on the rest of the frigate :lol:

Go for it.
  • PanPan1 Posts: 0Member
    One question. "Стремительный" will remain combat frigate? Or would it be transferred to the destroyers?
    Nope. It will still remain "Battle frigate". HRE have its own ship designation rules, where "battlefrigate" is roughly analogue of "destroyer" or even "cruiser" in US. Workhorse of naval combat.
    Re-build continues. Made basic panel lining on the hull. Rendered in Kerkythea - MUCH faster then Raylecton...

Materials are temporary choice, thou I want to use this one for the main hull.

47404_Frigate_rebuild.jpg
    That looks amazing! The paneling is wonderful and love the new missiles.
  • TomboTombo0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, still think that is the most predator like design in the 'Verse, like a shark.
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    That's a ship with a definite Wrong End to Be On. Is that circular element a big particle accelerator for a massively powerful anime-style "main gun"?
    That's the centrifuge there.
    Some detales.

33442_Frigate_rebuild1.jpg
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    Damn she looks good. Atmo capable? And is that a centrifuge in the back?
    No, space-only. There are no re-entry capable capital ships in VIA-universe. And yes, that is a centrifuge, for spin-gravity.
  • PanPan1 Posts: 0Member
    Шикарно:thumb:
    Ah ok I see. And thats clever. Does its orientation have an adverse affect on the craft?
    There is a second "flywheel" used to counter gyroscope effect. It is smaller, unmanned (there is some machinery inside, but no habitable space) and spins faster, to be in synch with main centrifuge. Its on the same axis as main centrifuge, but covered by hull completely.

Habitat itself is unmanned in combat situations, where high thrust values are anticipated. Cruise acceleration of 0.1-0.2G do not pose any dangerous or disturbing effects on people in centrifuge.
    Ah thats interesting. One other thing, does ring, actually helps and increases the pitch rate of the ship up and down?
    Theoretically, you can use difference in speed of flywheel and habitat ring to pitch the ship. However, it isn`t the actual purpose of the design. Set of maneuvering thrusters is used for orientation instead. You can see their ports on key locations of the ship.
    Ah yeah, I saw the thrusters and what not, was just curious that say in an emergency or combat scenario, would flywheel and habring be utilized to quickly pitch them ship or such, disbarring its actual purpose.
    Beautiful work! The new detailing really pops.
    No, space-only. There are no re-entry capable capital ships in VIA-universe. And yes, that is a centrifuge, for spin-gravity.

no reentry at all, why are some of the fighters aerodynamic? very nice modelling and detail, you've done a good job of making the ship look menacing.