Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D3D WIP for Vir Inter Astrum universe

• StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Its transatmospheric.
  • KhayKhay0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really great! The shape is really unusual, much more than your fighters, but it still looks like it could perfectly fly. I particularly like the way the wings join the forward fuselage near the cockpit.
    Non-transparent cockpit (and VR helmets, i guess) are the way to go, it really gives a hi-tech and militaristic feeling.
    It may have looked even cooler and even more "I'm a gazillionth generation plane and I'm totally uber" with a very flat upper body, without the small v tail nor the reactor appearing from above, better integrated into the hull, but that's just an idea.

Tl;dr: Me = fanboy
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    could you put a human in for scale i know this is big but not sure how big?
    t may have looked even cooler and even more "I'm a gazillionth generation plane and I'm totally uber" with a very flat upper body, without the small v tail nor the reactor appearing from above, better integrated into the hull, but that's just an idea.

Without tailfin, the upper body looks somewhat... empty, I guess. As for radiator array - I`ve cheated there a bit, knowing that this place will hardly be visible on Bbzwbbzw`s drawing :) Probably, will work a bit on actual integration, if it wouldn`t be too time consuming.
    could you put a human in for scale i know this is big but not sure how big?

28 meters long, from the nose to anomaly detector boom. I`ll try to render somebody near the plane in my next render :)

Thanx for your comments everyone )
  • CifuCifu0 Posts: 0Member
    Extremly well done Stonecold!
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome craft. Looks Russian.
    Thanx Cifu,Alleyviper. Looking back on my first models, it looks like VIA universe improved my SU skills quite a bit :D

Not much of update, more of a scaling renders.
    su244expo.th.jpg
    All aerospace machines of Sukhoi bureau, made by me so far. Su-232 is still unfinished. 2 more crafts are waiting in line for modelling - attack plane and long-range fighter, to replace Su-247.
    su244expo1.th.jpg
  • TomboTombo0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet Jovus that latest fighter is a beast!!! Looks great though :thumb:
    Edited the "shark gills" radiator system, and looks like I`ve finished the plane this time. Model is mailed to Liam and Bbzw :)

BTW, does anyone got an idea, how to make an animation with SU ? It seems that animation is possible, but I have to find out how to do it yet.
    Currently, rendering some final shots. Will add them later.
    thanks just got the file going to start painting it up soon and then put it in my scene.
    No animation is not possible, you can move the camera around but thats about it, the only way to animate is to export you SU model into another application!
    Those shark gills anre great just looking at them now!!!!
    Well, Im guessing due to the fact that in a plugin that exports from SU to Kerk there is an option "export animation path" No idea, what it will do, thou. I wanted to render some sort of in-flight animation, but that can wait, for sure.

Radiators are still rough, but I guess, that`s it for this model, or I won`t be able to complete it forever :)
    yeah it means you can export scenes from SU into kerk but you can only move the camera about not the actual model! :-(
    Renders took forever. Found strange effect - if you add color to a standard "thin glass" material, it begins to glow. Looks good, any way.

su244final1.th.jpg
    su244final2.th.jpg
    su244final3.th.jpg
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Very nicely done!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yup it looks great - nice attention to detail and great job with the shape overall ! The only gripe I have is about the "vents" on the engines - they look a bit too "detached".
    Thanx a lot, everyone. As for "vents" - they are supposed to look that way. Those are radiators, after all.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ah ok, I just thought that they would look better if they ran along the lines of the ship because it seems really sleek overall. The renders look nice anyway, keep up the good job ! :thumb:
    playing with the model in SU, you really are a great model maker this file is awesome!
    You are too kind. I`ve cut a lot of corners, while building that model :D.
    yeah suppose but if your producing models at the rate you do and you never intended to share them its not essential to keep them clean is it. Some of my models are very messy if I know im only going to be using them to paint over.
  • wminsingwminsing171 Posts: 0Member
    The bomber looks fan-freaking-tastic! Awesome work.

-Will
    You are right Liam, those models are not for some exposition or film-makers. Still, shortcuts are shortcuts.
    Thanx wminsing, I`m glad that you like this model :)

And menwhile, something not exactly from VIA-universe. The main idea was to design a "realistic" mecha, with human-like agility. The design is heavily influenced by "AMP-suit" from "Avatar", but not exactly similar. And yes, I don`t like the design of the foot. Will re-model feet servos as soon as I find out how to achieve the required flexibility with joints and pystons. Model is not even close to being complete, so, massive changes are quite possible.

viamecha.th.jpg
    viamecha1.th.jpg
    viamecha2.th.jpg
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    is this mech supposed to fill any sort of combat role, or is it for utility?

that large fight/bomber..........I'm speachless. It replaces the drone fighter from yukikaze as my favourity fighter of all time, simply gorgeous. All it needs is to fix the segmentation on the canopy and it would be just perfect. Makes me want to work on an atmo fighter but I know there's no point since it won't be anywhere near as good as this
    Спасибо за отзыв, Беркут. С сегментацией - плохо дело. Я кокпит "вытягивал" из лобовой проекции. Так что там теперь уже ничего не переделаешь, если не колупать каждый полигон вручную. А это, мягко говоря, занудно. "Вьюга" - была одним из источников вдохновения - это вполне заметно по расположению кокпита и сочленению центроплана с передней частью фюзеляжа.

Касательно серв-машины, на данный момент, некое универсальное шасси. В "голом" виде - гражданское. С добавлением брони/оружия - боевое. В гражданском исполнении, предназначен для исследования опасных сред, где колесно-гусеничное шасси не пройдет и строительно-погрузочных работ. (в общем для колонизации других планет). В боевом исполнении - нечто вроде "одноместного БМП" или "наземного вертолета" - поддержка танков и пехоты на сильнопересеченной местности.

Sorry for russian here. I`ve cut some corners again, since its a bit troublesome for me to explain several technical aspects in english. :) To make long speech short -
    The mecha is sort of universal frame. In "nude" version it is supposed to be civilian, in armored and armed version - to be military machine. And sadly enough, there is almost nothing I can do about cockpit segmentation on my bomber model. Yukikaze, was one of the sourses of inspiration :).
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    ого! каждый полигон вручную колупать, какой ужас, ну вы скетч апщики совсем обленились :) в 3д максе по другому и нельзя

about the mech, I know you said you'll be reworking the feet, but just to add to that, the heel won't work too well, especially on the military version, I know you've designed it so it can run fast, but the slightest impact from the front (including recoil from it's own weapons fire) will cause it to "slip" and fall backwards, you need a longer, more stable heel design
    Если б я не ленился полигоны ковырять вручную - работал бы в МАКСе ;) А в скетчапе на ту модель, над которой в максе надо гемороиться сутки, уходит пол часа.

The heel will do as it is, I think, since during walk or run, as well as during idle standing, the mech is bended forward a bit, to compensate heel shortness. To compensate the recoil, the mecha have to take a more steady stance any way. Additionaly, I just want to get away from classical A-shaped feet design, with equal length of heel and toes, for mecha. Another point in back-heavy mech (the engine will be on the back too), that if any malfunction happens, the mecha will fall on its back, and allow easy evacuation of the operator. However, unlike Avatar`s AMP-suit, it won`t be much of a problem to get back on feet, from toppled position :)
  • PanPan1 Posts: 0Member
    блин, еще один наш......
    Не совсем наш, но русскоязычный :)
  • PanPan1 Posts: 0Member
    Родился в Союзе? Русский знает? Значит наш...
    Updated arms of the mecha. Next will be the hands, and that is a damned tricky part...
    viamecha3.th.jpg