Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars: Old Republic Era Thread

SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Been working on textures for a couple other things and just really wanted to get back to some modelling, so here we go. Starting this thread off with the Sith Interceptor, which I actually started back at the end of last year as one of my first models. Just fixed it up a bit and added a bit more detailing today.

sfwiprender05front.jpg
sfwiprender05back.jpg
sfwiprender05bottom.jpg
82131.jpg
Post edited by Syklon on
Tagged:

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's a really cool and unique design :thumb: It really looks like a missing connection between the old republic fighters and Tie fighters. The model is very solid so far too !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice :thumb:

I love the old republic era, and the sith fighters were one of my favourite ship designs from KotOR.
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work so far, I was thinking of doing one myself the other day but you beat me to it...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice, looks good so far.
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool design! Looks pretty solid so far!
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys! Honestly aside from maybe some minor detailing I'm probably done with that model for now, until I get around to texturing it at some point in the distant future, but I just sketched out some stuff last night for another model for this thread.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    it's a really cool design your building mate, I look forward to seeing more:thumb:
  • PhaserPhaser0 Posts: 0Member
    I love this KotoR design! Good to see someone is giving it the detailed treatment it deserves. somacruz145 is right: it does look like the 'missing link' between the Republic's fighters and Empire's TIE Fighters!
    Thanks guys, I really like the KoToR designs too, especially the Sith. They have a nice touch of Imperial while still doing their own thing.

And I finally got around to starting the thing I really started up this thread for:
    levi01back.jpg
    levi01side.jpg
    levi01front.jpg

Worked out some of the basic shape tonight, still need to work on that a bit more before the detailing begins, but since Phaser was kind enough to bump my thread I figured y'all deserve an update.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wow this is great work you're doing here hope to see more soon specialy some republic ships
    Republic ships? Well, I suppose the Imperi... er... Sith might want something to shoot. :) More seriously it probably depends on what I feel like doing when I finish this baby, but that's not going to be for a while yet, seeing as how I haven't even finished blocking out all the shapes, much less started detailing.

For those who aren't familiar with Knights of the Old Republic by the way, the ship is the Sith Interdictor Cruiser "Leviathan", the prototype from which all the other Sith capital ships are replicated by the Star Forge. Scale-wise its smaller than an ISD, only 600m long (rather than 1600m).
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    that's very good! :D
  • Darth_JoeDarth_Joe0 Posts: 0Member
    I would have to say that the Leviathan falls into my top three favorite ships in star wars, just after the Imperial Class and the Venator Class, but its definately looking good. Can't wait to see the finished project.
  • arashikamiarashikami0 Posts: 0Member
    Keep up the good work. One of my first 3d models was a basic Foray class Blockade Runner for KOTOR as well as the Aurek fighter for the Republic side. Of course, I need to revisit the design of the Foray because of more detailed images have been done thanks to the SW:RPG.

Rob
  • Enterprise-EEnterprise-E0 Posts: 0Member
    i love KotOR games a whole lot, it's nice to see some ships from it. I ma looking forward to a finished, superdetailed Leviathan!
    arashikami wrote: »
    Of course, I need to revisit the design of the Foray because of more detailed images have been done thanks to the SW:RPG.
    Does that have images of any of the Sith ships?

Thanks for the comments everyone, I cleaned some things up last night and tweaked the shape a fair amount, but it doesn't really add enough to make posting new renders worthwhile. Just want to make sure I have a solid foundation to work on before starting the details.
  • Warlock_HcPWarlock_HcP0 Posts: 0Member
    the Star Wars wiki --Wookiepedia should have a few images for the Kotor ships. *edit* from the RPG books I mean. Sorry was in a hurry posting.

Great work btw!
    Well I've already mined all the usual online sources, so if those images are on wookiepedia than I've already seen them, but I don't think I've seen anything not from the game or concept art from BioWare, aside from one comic image of the Sith Fighter.

Anyway, been blocking in some more shapes to brainstorm where I'm going with this thing, and while checking the scale for the hangars came up with this render that shows the scale between it and the fighter nicely, so figured I would share:
    levi01scale.jpg

The blue box in the corner was the ruler I used to scale the fighters, it and the fighters are both ~7m in length.
  • arashikamiarashikami0 Posts: 0Member
    Wookiepedia has some good images, but when I originally did the Foray I did an image search as well as attempting some screen captures of the ships. The Foray model I did as close to scale as I could manage with the older pictures I had at the time, but since there are several new images, I will have to revisit the model to make the correct changes.

Rob
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. I would really like to see some more detail on the bridge though.
    Patience... I'm afraid I'm not a fractalsponge clone, so I can't produced amazingly detailed Star Destroyers with both speed and quality, I can only do one or the other :). I am ready to start detailing though, so today I worked on the main Sensor/Communication Array up on top of the bridge tower:

levi02sensorsfront.jpg
    levi02sensorsback.jpg

In case you haven't caught on yet by the way, I'm not doing a 100% recreation of the in-game model, as that was produced with certain restrictions that I don't have to worry about. My main source of inspiration has been from this concept art of the Leviathan: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b0/Kotor_screen098.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    This is a very cool looking ship you have started to build, great work mate :thumb:
    I agree with ice
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Filled out the rest of the top of command tower, so she now has a full sensor/electronics package. No sensor domes means lots of antennae:

levi03topfront02.jpg
    levi03topside02.jpg
    levi03topback.jpg

Out of town for a wedding this weekend unfortunately, so no more updates till Monday at least. Maybe I can figure out how the heck I'm going to go about that giant front face in the meantime.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweet work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    yey kotor ^^
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    the overall look is absolutely great.
    the details you've added are coming along nicely too.
    cant't wait to see this beauty finished !!
    great work on the details I'm quite sure that others agree that although fractalsponge has a lineup of amazing models built in great speed, speed is not important is the quality of the model and I say your models are truly amazing and the detailing is flawless. I'm a big fan of star wars specially this era I have both knights of the old republic games and never get tired of them the era the ships the clothing and all makes it unique and intresting and like mentioned before the models really lifts this era and you've hit the right track kkep it up great work
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    woot greebles! she's coming along nicely. Can't wait for more.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow I agree with everone - it's absolutely amazing ! :thumb: Can't wait to see more ! (it's past monday already anyway !)