Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars: Old Republic Era Thread

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on the turbolaser turret:thumb:

What's the poly count on the ship at the moment? and how many polys is each turbolaser turret?
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    My current count for everything, including a halfway done battery with 3 turrets, is 204k. Originally a turret was a rather ridiculous 25k, now its a slightly more reasonable 11k.
    Full battery now in place. The surrounding terraces aren't done yet, so the plating looks a bit plain by itself.

Unfortunately for you guys, no updates for the next week, as I will be away on vacation, but I'm sure I'll come back with some plans on what to do next.

levi10turretfront.jpg
    levi10turretback.jpg
    levi10towerside.jpg
    levi10fsrear.jpg

And yes, the curve of the ship is such that the battery slants backward, making the front-most the highest, but the curve of the ship also leaves a near full 180 degree firing arc unobstructed for all 3 turrets, so they can still fire front, side, and somewhat rear.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Excellent modeling Syklon. Leviathan correct? Do you plan to model the Ravager from the second game as well?
    Probably not, as I don't find the design overly interesting, but that might change.
    Fair enough. It looks sort of too "modern star wars" anyways realy. The reason I mentioned it was because with all that battle damage it had sustained it would present a challenge. BUT, you could sure pull it off man- you got tons of talent.
  • guddiguddi0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see early star wars ships. Good work :thumb: but isnt the ship a bit too small? It looks bigger in 'official' pictures
    Excellent work Syklon:thumb:
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    great detailed!
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    guddi wrote: »
    Nice to see early star wars ships. Good work :thumb: but isnt the ship a bit too small? It looks bigger in 'official' pictures

I think the size is OK and it may seems smaller because of the angle.

btw, nice update:thumb:
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    nice work can't wait to see more
    @Road Warrior- ah, you meant the fully damaged Ravager, not just an intact ship of the Ravager's class. That is more interesting for sure, but I'm not sure if I've reached that special level of insanity required to take on doing the majority of both the interior and exterior of a star destroyer, especially since the design still isn't super interesting to me.

@Guddi- its only 600m long, less than half the size of an actual ISD, all of the KoToR ships are smaller than modern era.

Everyone else, thanks for the complements.
    Past time for an update I think, hopefully its worth the wait.

Fiddled with my rendering/lighting again, seems to be how I get back into things after time off. I think my new setup makes the details show up a bit better.

levi11side.jpg
    levi11front.jpg
    levi11fullside.jpg
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    THIS is fracking awesome !!! Like it very much !
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    SheA’s looking great!
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Loving it so far!
    Fantastic work there Syklon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The detail is fantastic, good luck completing the whole mesh! I started a high-detail Ebon Hawk once but never got around to finishing all the greebling.
    great work ice on the turbolasers really great work
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    cool. That level of details is impressive.
    WOW that looks impressive, great work mate:thumb:
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Looking REAL GOOD!
    Thanks everyone, its a pleasure to receive such a positive response.

Well, I thought I just had a bit left to finish off the front of the command terraces, but the shape wasn't really working out for me, so I ended up adding a bit more.

levi12side.jpg
    levi12front.jpg
    levi12bridgeside.jpg
    levi12fsside.jpg

Its actually an ideal position for a command structure, since if you look at the full ship render, its right at the top of the curve, so it has the best all-around view short of being up on top of the tower.

One of my brothers commented on the lack of any point-defense/antifighter turrets. On big ships like ISDs the scale is such those tend to just show up as a bump, but my ship is small enough you can actually see mine, so I added a couple. Those 2 there should help keep any pesky fighters from crashing into the bridge.
    nice on the uptades this is a great ship can't wait to see it finished
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It's looking really good man.

IMHO the beveling on the plates on the tower is maybe a bit big, but that would be my only suggestion for something to change, the rest of it looks awesome.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I loved knights of the old republic, and your model is looking really good!
    this outstanding work mate:thumb:
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Great Syk - love the shape and the details
  • arashikamiarashikami0 Posts: 0Member
    The more I see, the more I like. Before you know it, you'll probably have fan films wanting to use your model.....:thumb:

Rob
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Only if he distributes it.