Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars: Old Republic Era Thread

• SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks a lot guys, and glad to see I've even managed to pull in some non-Star Wars folk.

School starting has slowed me down a bit, but here's a new update for everyone:

levi18side.jpg
    levi18rear.jpg
    levi18full.jpg
  • im in love with this ship
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, impressive.
  • arashikamiarashikami0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks better every time I see it. Great work!
  • *faints*
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    this is really great work love the engine details
    Thanks guys.

Small-ish update, but big renders in celebration of "finishing" the command superstructure area (I filled in that last trench area).

levi19bigfront.th.jpg

levi19bign.th.jpg

The front render also has some smooth plate on the very back-most armor area, but I'm not really sure if I'm going to keep it like that.
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Heh this ship always reminds me of Gonzo the Great.

Gonzocaper.jpg

That said, the modelling is excellent great work so far.
  • I'm not a big fan of Star Wars spaceship design but I've to say this is really a very very good model ... I love it :thumb:
  • Has a great starwars feel to it.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Man your doing an outstanding job on this:thumb:

Could I get a close up of the small set of guns please:D
    These little guys?

levi19turrets2.jpg
    levi19turrets.jpg

Have to say I enjoy coming up with the turret designs, and I still have 1 or 2 to go for the trench turrets, too.

@StarSlayer That image, and all mention of that muppet, have been deemed detrimental to the image of the Imperial Fleet, and are hereby banned from the Sith Empire. :D On a separate note, where did you get your avatar image? Been considering doing a Grey Knight termi as break from Star Wars after I'm done with this ship (assuming noone beats me to it), but good ref images for it seem surprisingly hard to find.

And thanks to everyone for the nice comments.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Thats great work Syk - really detailed and polished work.
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey at least they didn't model it on Dominar Rygel XVI :p

On the side note its a bit of a roundabout method. I used to play Dawn of War with Imperial zeal and downloaded this particular mod for Dark Crusade:

Inquisition, Deamonhunt

Then I simply pulled up army painter took a screenshot of a Termie cropped and sized it to fit my nefarious ends. The mod itself is pretty fun, the Ordo Malleus is a bit specialized to be able to run ruck shod over the other races but played right they are pretty hardcore and the art assets are very nice.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great on those guns love the uptade this ship is looking more beautiful everyday
  • Kyle_K_skiKyle_K_ski0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work. You're certainly doing justice to the phenomenal title that was The Old Republic!
    Thanks guys.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything else in this thread. In fact, if anything, its the exact opposite of everything in this thread, since its lowpoly and textured(!), but since there probably would have been an update this post if it wasn't for this, I figured I would share.

I was asked to be a lab assistant for a class on game content creation at the university I go to. We're about to start the main project (after teaching people modeling basics up till now), and I needed an example unit to learn how to get things in-game (the open-source Spring engine).

So I made this hover tank:
    hovertanktextured2.jpg

Its 794 polys with 512x512 texture. The light blue parts will glow in-game (at least, that's the plan).

Regular high poly updates will resume shortly.
  • Prime_8Prime_80 Posts: 0Member
    cools works .

I especialy like the low poly .
    Thanks.

Alright, let's get this show back on the road:

levi20close2.jpg

First time showing one of the trench turrets. Tactics-wise the big guns up top are for slugging it out with other capital ships, while these babies are for saturation fire. Perfect for things like destroying waves of smaller ships, finishing off big ships once they lose shields, or wiping pathetic planets off the face of the galaxy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice Syklon
    Syklon wrote:
    or wiping pathetic planets off the face of the galaxy
    And they did that job quite well as far as Taris goes :)
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    WOW!!! You're making a wonderful ship here.:thumb: I wanna see more of her:flippy:
    Thanks to the both of you. Glad to see my brief bout of low poly didn't scare everybody off :)

Should have included this render with the last one, gives a bit more context to where it is:

levi20far.jpg
    cool. Looks lovely.
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    coolio
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Have you ever textured the Sith Fighter at the start of this thread?
    No, I'm afraid not. Although, when I get towards the end of the Leviathan if I start thinking about doing any fancy renders with her, then I probably will so I can throw in some fighters.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Will probably be a week or two till the next update due to school work unfortunately.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good there mate, I really like the details your putting in to this ship:thumb:
    Thanks man.

Found some time to work this weekend:
    levi21close2.jpg
    levi21medium.jpg
    levi21far.jpg
  • The detailing is looking amazing, and I do believe I need a bigger screen :p
    wow, that's some sweet details here.