Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DUSS Unknown BG ship (JJ Trek)

• JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    I'm diggin' that Hartford, reminds me a bit of the Stargazer.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    That's freaking incredible! Holy wow... that's real impressive, you gotta show how those are made.

Chris
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    holy crap those are amazing can you make me some please :)
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    These are great. :)

I used to build these kinds of things, but they never turned out like this. :)

I might have to try my hand at some again. :)

Paper and cardboard models are great. :)
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job... Gives our speculative ships some shape and depth... I see you've got the quad and trike... Any work on the reliant-style bike?

CMills
  • Those are outstanding, real depth and weight to the objects now, gives me ideas....
  • ParagonParagon0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job... Gives our speculative ships some shape and depth... I see you've got the quad and trike... Any work on the reliant-style bike?

CMills

Well I call it the Duece, and I'm still not really positive about the shape of it, so no work on it yet.

The models will be available for download on my website soon.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    A link to your website would be awesome. Your work is fantastic. :thumb:
    Hah, you're right! I could have sworn I'd put it in my signature....

Anyway, the models are up now. I suggest printing on 110 lb cardstock. Cut out the parts with an x-acto or other knife, not scissors, and put it together with Elmer's glue, applied with a brush.

Paragon Cardmodels - Home
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy sh*t Paragon - those are amazing! I would totally have your babies. :lol:

On a more serious note, how do you get the colors on your models? Whenever I do cardstock modelling I can never figure out how other modellers apply the colors.
  • I know this is a 2D WIP but Paragon got me all inspired, so three hours later, here's four ships, I know everyone's seen the Kelvin but I had the parts, seemed churlish not to include it out of spite.

They're all lo-poly, between 5200 and 3000, the more you guys get details, the more I'll add mostly Paragons models were used as refs and the lightened screenshots from earlier in the thread, any other help as to form would be much appreciated.
    68824.jpg68825.jpg68826.jpg68827.jpg68828.jpg
  • ....finally.

I'll probably try my hand at a quick Narada next, I'll post it here when I'm done, there seem not to be any clear shots of the vessel, very dark if anyone has any refs I'd be most grateful.
    68834.jpg68835.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice batch of ships :)
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    fantastic! :D
    Promus wrote: »
    Holy sh*t Paragon - those are amazing! I would totally have your babies. :lol:

On a more serious note, how do you get the colors on your models? Whenever I do cardstock modelling I can never figure out how other modellers apply the colors.

Colors? Just print them. The ink serves as the paint scheme.... Or am I not understanding the question?

Firelode: Very nice looking ships! I especially like that you included the Hartford. I made the secondary hull on her a bit larger than the others by the way. Also, the cut outs on the back of the Farragut are wrong. I fixed them in the version available for download. If you just download that, you can probably fix it.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Haven't been at the forums for a couple of days and then you see models been made of the JJ ships. Brilliant work Paragon and Firelode. And even though the 3d models are quickly made I think the models look proportionally correct.
  • L-GaimL-Gaim0 Posts: 0Member
    Paragon wrote: »
    Well I call it the Duece, and I'm still not really positive about the shape of it, so no work on it yet.

The models will be available for download on my website soon.

So, we've got the Quad, the Trike, the Bike (like the trike, but only two nacelle) and the Deuce plus Enterprise and Kelvin.

That's a fine looking fleet. :D

I wonder what a medical ship would look like in this universe?
    The Bike is what I call the Duece, its not another design, though there is that small thing at the spacedock...which I'm sure could be called either Bike or Duece too...
  • L-GaimL-Gaim0 Posts: 0Member
    Paragon wrote: »
    The Bike is what I call the Duece, its not another design, though there is that small thing at the spacedock...which I'm sure could be called either Bike or Duece too...

Ohh, I thought the homemade ship there, The Hartford/Geneva Class was being now called the Duece. I thought also, that the Bike was the term we were using to describe the/a two nacelle version of the Trike.
    I wish we had a better view of the Bike... we've had enough views of the other ships to put working forms to them, but we've not yet had the privilege of seeing the bike very well...
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    ^ Well, it's probably the same as the Trike (same roll-bar and impulse pylon/saucer cut-outs), but just with two nacelles. Although I think the Bike doesn't have the roll-bar...but again, probably the same saucer cut-outs. :)

I think the Deuce is two nacelles on top (like the Quad), but one secondary hull on the bottom. :)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Cool papper models Paragon! And your interpretation of them looks fine too Firelode. :) Go ahead!!
    I specifically remember the "Bike" not having a rollbar on top or any saucer cut outs. I think I saw something between the nacelles too. Might have been a rollbar between them like on the Quad...
    Just wanted to put a final nail in the coffin of the single-hull quad theory:

Both of the photos are my quad model.

th_Quadangles.jpg
    haha, that's awesome! The conclusive proof that all those ships are quads, and not ships with two nacelles above and one engineering hull below...

Nice job, Paragon!
    CMills
  • RekkertRekkert4046 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    I knew it, they are all quads!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Umm... how is that proof of them being all quads, when the one on the right has only three "nacelles"? You can barely see a fourth "nacelle" on the paper model, but NO fourth nacelle is seen on the actual screencap ship... that one is the Trike.
  • NebulaNebula342 MichiganPosts: 43Member
    Umm... how is that proof of them being all quads, when the one on the right has only three "nacelles"? You can barely see a fourth "nacelle" on the paper model, but NO fourth nacelle is seen on the actual screencap ship... that one is the Trike.

umm what the heck are ya talking about... The TRIKE has 3 warp nacelles UNDER the saucer section.... A QUAD has 2 warp nacelles ABOVE the saucer and 2 engineering hulls UNDER the saucer. What Paragon just proved is that those two mystery ships are now confirmed to be Quads seen at odd angles.

btw someone needs to go here

Ex Astris Scientia - Star Trek XI Ship Classes

contact the author and get the ship descriptions straightened out.
    Already did post a thread. They used my images (touched up, of course) for the classes. Don't you recognize my Kobayashi Maru? :P

Anyway, Bolian, in the starbase image of the one on the left, you can actually see a bit of the shuttlebay from the hidden secondary hull peeking out from behind the nacelle occluding it.
    68917.jpg