Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

• tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks today, hazend, markmassey and Ice-Dragon :)

@today

I personally guess that render time would be shortened to at least 1/2 for getting the same quality images if you introduce LW3D9. "9" changed my work flow dramatically, I believe that Ouroboros v2 has not been finished yet if the version of LW is still "8" ;)

=====================================

I began to add a ring of light, which occurs when a vessel disappears. I have a few ideas to realize it, and tested the simplest way first. A object for a "ring" is placed in front of a camera, and a direction and a scale of the object are controlled by two bones...

ring_test_1st.jpg
  • amazing, jaw dropping! can't wait for more...
    Thanks CylonMissleNuke,

Flashes and thundering sounds of FTL jumps might make me sick :D
    I uploaded a movie, which includes test results of a rig for one FTL jump sequence.

You Tube: BSG - FTL Jump Test Shots / SMB SPAM Edit

FTL_jump_tests_03.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah amazing animations ! The jump effect with slight ripple effect is perfect :thumb:
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    amazing animations and the jump effect is spot on:thumb:
  • GrimGrim0 Posts: 0Member
    Argh, the music, the music!

Absolutly amazing jump effect man. I would say better then the jump from season 4 itself! Can't wait to see how this all comes together.
    Thanks somacruz145, Ice-Dragon and Grim ;)

I feel that all efforts related to these tests were useful for me, and of course, I'm satisfied with their results :)
    Grim wrote: »
    Argh, the music, the music!
    It's success! :p As for music, I selected the most silly way among those I thought...

===================================================
    btw, I would stop all 3D works and be nearly off-line in at least a month because of busyness. March is the last month of a Fiscal Year of Japan...
  • love the ending!
  • Fantastic work! The detail is just mind blowing.
  • This just gets better and better, it's tough to imagine how good the finished product is going to be, but unlike a lot of projects (most of them with money and hundreds of people) I don't fear the outcome I want to see how you make a staple sci-fi even cooler through dedication, skill and vision, hope I'm not putting too much weight on your shoulders there :)
    Thanks CylonMissleNuke, wasJovian and Firelode :)

I launched my LW3D today after a long absence, and restarted updating meshes of my Minerva class vessels. They would be given nearly the same level of detail as those of Ouroboros/Level 2...

wip_pleiades_V2_01.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_02.jpgwip_hesperides_01.jpg
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    I've been patiently waiting for this thread to get updated!!!!!!!

Looks amazing! The level of detail is insane.

Forgive if it's been explained before, but what are those protrusions in the middle of the top, and along the top of the sides?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    just wickedly great tan.j can't wait to see all the minerva variants uptaded you've really perfected these models they look amazing
    Thanks rms8_347 and aylaa12 ;)
    rms8_347 wrote: »

Forgive if it's been explained before, but what are those protrusions in the middle of the top, and along the top of the sides?

Those protrusions are large missile tubes and exhaust system exits, and they are located on the bottom side too. My Minerva class vessels were designed for middle- and long-range attack, so they could launch sub-light speed cruise missiles and middle-range large missiles. Orange parts in the image are nose covers of missiles ;)
    Though the background story of their vessels were explained once in my old wip thread that was titled as "Minerva class battlestars", I could not find it after upgrade of the site...:( In my story, Minerva was nicknamed "Fire Salamander" because her head were covered with a large amount of flame and smoke when she launched many missiles at the same time.

f04.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    You have just got to stop that young man. I'm still getting headache's from your last model great work my friend.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I must say that it looks amazing, the level of detail is almost too much... no really, it may get to be as high as the models used in the serie itsef (if they are not already at that level:) ).
    And I am happy to finally see the detail in the intake detail in the sides of the head section.
    Keep it up!
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't have anything at all useful to add, just wanna say that all these renders are awesome. :D
  • DaveWhDaveWh342 Posts: 18Member
    Hey, could you post the minimal set of scene data to produce that effect? I'm curious to learn what you did. Thanks.
    Thanks uscmBSG75, Chiletrek, Pearse and DaveWh ;)
    DaveWh wrote: »
    Hey, could you post the minimal set of scene data to produce that effect? I'm curious to learn what you did. Thanks.

I attached files related to the warp effect, please check them ;)
    When I used the advanced camera first, the aspect ratio of the camera bothered me...

===============================================
    ...I'm trying to update Pleiades, Hyades and Hesperides in parallel...

wip_pleiades_V2_04.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_05.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_05_.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_09.jpg
    great on the uptades
  • DaveWhDaveWh342 Posts: 18Member
    tan.j wrote: »
    I attached files related to the warp effect, please check them ;)

FASCINATING. Thanks. When I did warping, I just applied the image directly to the deformed plane. See this for an example. The downside was the image itself moved in space. The upside was I could use the deformations for other effects at the same time.
    Thanks aylaa12, the next update would come in a week...
    DaveWh wrote: »
    FASCINATING. Thanks. When I did warping, I just applied the image directly to the deformed plane. See this for an example. The downside was the image itself moved in space. The upside was I could use the deformations for other effects at the same time.

I'm very glad to know those simple files helped you ;) Your example is very impressive and looks cool to me :thumb:, and I got a few new ideas about warp effects from it. Thanks!
    I'm coping with flight pods now :)

wip_pleiades_V2_19.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_18.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_17.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_16.jpg
    nice on the uptades you're really pushing these models to perfection I never got around to ask but are those additional hangars on the sides of the head section or are they larger missile deployment bays?
    aylaa12 wrote: »
    nice on the uptades you're really pushing these models to perfection I never got around to ask but are those additional hangars on the sides of the head section or are they larger missile deployment bays?

Yep, I added them as deployment bays for large missiles ;)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work tan.j I really like this Battlestar:thumb:
  • CylonMissleNukeCylonMissleNuke0 Posts: 0Member
    amazing work! haven't checked in a while, but i must say i was not dissapointed... ;)

one request, an ortho would be nice, since i'd like to see the side of the flight pod to count viper launch tubes..
    and to see what's underneath this beast.
    Thanks Ice-Dragon and CylonMissleNuke.
    one request, an ortho would be nice, since i'd like to see the side of the flight pod to count viper launch tubes..
    and to see what's underneath this beast.

The ortho image will be rendered after it would be finished :)
    Each flight pod has 40 launch tubes (colored orange). And dimensions of bottom structures were intentionally adjusted to those of Galactica's top structures when I designed her, because I assumed that Minerva class vessels were designed and built urgently during the first Cylon war and many parts were in common with those for Galactica type vessels.

wip_pleiades_V2_20.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_24.jpg

==============================================
    Edit/Add
    I received more PMs than I expected in the last week, so inbox became full temporarily. This problem had been resolved, thank you.
    ==============================================

Around 85% of updating work of Minerva/Pleiades V2 was completed. Interiors in sub-light engine nozzles were changed like Ouroboros' :)
    I assign BS 55 (55th Battlestar Group) to Pleiades, and EBS 09 (9th Experimental Battlestar Group, during the first duty) / BS 37 (37th Battlestar Group) temporarily.

wip_pleiades_V2_21.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_22.jpgwip_pleiades_V2_23.jpg
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    :o:o:o
    wowwwwwwwwwwww