Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

• PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the idea for the tanker... similar to the Cylon tanker from TOS, but with the Colonial touch. I'm never ceased to be amazed at how you design credible looking, but distinctive and original ships in the BSG universe. And you more than follow through with your modelling skills as well.
  • CylonMissleNukeCylonMissleNuke0 Posts: 0Member
    This is really good stuff! Finally some big guns on the Galactica type flight pods. The detail is amazing, and I can't wait for more. If you do this with the Galactica, what'll the Pegasus or the Valkyrie look like?
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks Pearse and CylonMissleNuke :)

wip_hesperides_39.jpg
    wip_hesperides_38.jpg
    wip_hesperides_37.jpg
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    That's a hell of a lot of guns...

... I like it. B)
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wow great uptades
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Beyond awesome.
  • naldo65naldo650 Posts: 0Member
    Great job! I never get tire of looking at them.
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    This ship looks considerably more powerful than the Pegasus! It looks like it would be during the same era as the Galactica, just a much larger, more powerful capitol ship. Those gun emplacements look incredible and are designed and situated in such a VERY convincing way. Some ship designs on this forum go a tad bit overboard with the number of weapons emplacements and tend to look tacky. This Batttlestar is so well laid out and believable. Have you every done a 3-way size comparison of your designs with the Galactica and Pegasus? Just curious.

I hope you have the time and patience to render then post several hi-rez pics which can be used as desktops (1920x1200 at least :) ).

Simply the best BSG design out there not from Zoic! Absolutely remarkable job!

[i have been patiently waiting for an update and THIS delivers! Thanks]
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice!
    Thanks CASUAL OBSERVER, aylaa12, BolianAdmiral, naldo65, rms8_347 and hazend :)
    rms8_347 wrote: »
    This ship looks considerably more powerful than the Pegasus! It looks like it would be during the same era as the Galactica, just a much larger, more powerful capitol ship. Those gun emplacements look incredible and are designed and situated in such a VERY convincing way. Some ship designs on this forum go a tad bit overboard with the number of weapons emplacements and tend to look tacky. This Batttlestar is so well laid out and believable. Have you every done a 3-way size comparison of your designs with the Galactica and Pegasus? Just curious.

I hope you have the time and patience to render then post several hi-rez pics which can be used as desktops (1920x1200 at least :) ). ...

As shown below, I assumed that all my Minerva class vessels were constructed and deployed during the first Cylon war. So their technological bases should be nearly the same as those of CALACTICA, while some design keys were intentionally brought from Pegasus in order to give design consistency to them.

btw, I gave too many cannons to Hesperides and I believe that most of you agree that. I hope you feel lack of reason that might be caused by a kind of madness in wartime from this design.

High-res images would come after she would be finished ;)

timeline_of_Minerva_class.jpg
    wip_hesperides_40.jpg
    wip_hesperides_42.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks ok for me. The timeframe you proposed is factible, as the background about the technologies. :)
    interesting stuff.
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    The fluff is well thought out and the ship herself is gorgeous. Great work tan.j
    hey, i know you have an ventral angle shot...why don't you post it? :flippy:
    Thanks Starship, CylonMissleNuke and StarSlayer.
    hey, i know you have an ventral angle shot...why don't you post it? :flippy:
    Because I found that I should add a few structures on the bottom side of her engine block when I saw that image :D

Modeling and rigging of Hesperides v2.0 have been up, and checking for its release is underway ;)

wip_hesperides_48abs.jpgwip_hesperides_49subs.jpgwip_hesperides_50subsb.jpgwip_hesperides_56subsa.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Gorgeous models,thanks for your posts.
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    jedi44 wrote: »
    Gorgeous models,thanks for your posts.

Agree !
    Great work with these models !!
    S.
  • I don't know, the models look too detailed, you've got a greeble habit that you have to feed, I think if you take some of the detail away the models will look worse, that way....I'll be happy!

I'm joking, your work is stunning and I can't wait to see it in motion I'm sure it will look amazing I gotta say you devotion and singleminded approach to the projects is to be lauded I can't keep my mind on anything for that length of time, well, apart from breathing :)
    my god tanj simply no words to describe this master work of art
    man, great detail, keeps gettin better and better... =D
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I love that shot looking up at the belly. It took me a minute to orient myself and realize what I was looking at. The view from that angle really gives the ship a unique look that doesn't come through in the other views.

But regardless of the angle, that's one frakking awesome battlestar.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I really like all of your updates, the Minerva class has always been very interesting ship designs. I guess you are going to retouch the Andromeda variant next? :D .
    Keep up the amazing job! :thumb: .
    Thanks (blush:D) jedi44, stephan_ska, Firelode, aylaa12, CylonMissleNuke, Jimi James and Chiletrek!

Anyway, I hope it would be released in a few weeks ;)
    Jimi James wrote: »
    I love that shot looking up at the belly. It took me a minute to orient myself and realize what I was looking at. The view from that angle really gives the ship a unique look that doesn't come through in the other views...
    I like a shot from that angle too :D, and I feel sometimes that it looks a big insect...
    Chiletrek wrote: »
    ...the Minerva class has always been very interesting ship designs. I guess you are going to retouch the Andromeda variant next? :D ...
    I believe that it may be very tough to retouch Andromeda variants, because their mesh are too dirty. I like their designs, so I would remake them from scratch if once I decide to touch them again...
    Currently I'm going to update Hyades (v2.0->v2.1) and Pacifica (Heavily armored Galactica type vessel like Columbia in "Razor"), then start a few new, non-BSG-related, projects.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    The Pacifica looks like a great ship, it was the answer for all of us fans to the question of how galactica would look with more amored plates :D.
    Keep it up with the Hyades, that ship sure looks like a beast before the Beast :thumb:
    Thanks Chiletrek :)

Current images of Hyades v2.1 are shown below...

wip_hyades_v21_07.jpgwip_hyades_v21_08.jpgwip_hyades_v21_06.jpg
    nice work tanj
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's just amazing ! :thumb: I could stare at this model for hours :D
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    Another WOW moment! Again, your work/designs just amazing.

I'm starting to get a bit confused by all the remarkable ships you have created here. What would be truly something for the masses would be some comparative orthos of your stellar designs (Hesperides, Hyades & Pleiades) right next to the Galactica and Pegasus !!!!. Seeing all these ships together at different angles would leave one speechless for sure.

Also, perhaps you could give some sort of description of each of your designs. Pros/cons of each, the thought process that went into their unique shapes and designs. Their roles, if they actually differed from each other.

This is just an awesome collection of ships !!!!!!

I was SOOOO waiting for this thread to be updated! You didn't disappoint!
  • KengKeng0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome, each update makes this look like the best ship in the fleet.
    Thanks aylaa12, somacruz145, rms8_347 and Keng :)
    rms8_347 wrote: »
    ... I'm starting to get a bit confused by all the remarkable ships you have created here. What would be truly something for the masses would be some comparative orthos of your stellar designs (Hesperides, Hyades & Pleiades) right next to the Galactica and Pegasus !!!!. Seeing all these ships together at different angles would leave one speechless for sure.

Also, perhaps you could give some sort of description of each of your designs. Pros/cons of each, the thought process that went into their unique shapes and designs. Their roles, if they actually differed from each other.

This is just an awesome collection of ships !!!!!!

I was SOOOO waiting for this thread to be updated! You didn't disappoint!

I'm going to make a comparison orthographic image after finishing Pacifica ;)

Yep, I have a background story for them, but it's very hard to explain in English... :D
    In my story, doctrine, strategy and tactics of a newborn colonial fleet had been not yet united when the 1st Cylon war had begun. (Please see http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9006 post#10)

Original 12 battlestars had been designed based on Caprica's doctrine, which made much of short-distance attack capabilities by KEWs and Vipers. While, my Minerva was designed by Picon, whose doctrine made much of long and middle-distance attack capabilities. So, Minerva had lots of missile tubes for sub-light cruise missiles.

Though the tactics coupled with long-distance attack was effective in a few years after deployments of Minerva and Pleiades, updated FTL jump technologies of the Cylon fleet invalidated this tactics.
    As the results, re-design of Minerva class vessels, which were under construction, had been conducted by Picon and Caprica independently, in order to enhance their short-distance attack capabilities and/or survivability.

One of weak points of Minerva was lower mobility due to relatively heavy flight pods, lower sub-light engine powers and an obsolete FTL jump drive unit.
    Hyades that was re-designed by Picon applied thinner flight pods, a eight sub-light engine cluster and a new FTL jump drive unit. Hyades was a high-mobility variant of Minerva class, and its role was the same as Minerva and Pleiades, still strongly affected by old Picon's doctrine, strategy and tactics.
    Hesperides was re-designed as a battlestar-gunstar hybrid vessel by Caprica, who attached much importance in short-distance attack powers by KEWs.

The concept and experiences of Minerva class vessels were not reflected to designs of Mercury class vessels (I assumed they were designed and built after the armistice.), and no Minerva class vessel was constructed after the armistice. Because doctrine, strategy and tactics of the colonial fleet were established based on the success of original 12 battlestars and their variants during the 1st Cylon war, and "long-distance attack" was rejected as an obsolete concept due to the improvement of FTL jump technologies.

===========================================
    I began to make a light rig for Hyades...

wip_hyades_v21_09.jpg