Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

• ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I like the background info you made for your Minerva class Battlestars, and it can make sense as we have seen in canon Colonial ships how the style of thinking have changed in time. I still think a Minerva would have given a great fight, specially in combination of other types of Battlestars (like the class Galactica belongs to):devil:.
    Keep it up!:thumb:.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    She's a big girl...
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks Chiletrek and BolianAdmiral :)

Re-touching of Hyades is up!

hyades_v21a_orthos.jpgwip_hyades_v21_12.jpgwip_hyades_v21_14.jpgwip_hyades_v21_17.jpgminerva_class_compare_03-1.jpg
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Oh Tan.j if I only had a fraction of your talent!

Fan-tastic!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wow impresive work
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Really like the engine arrangement on the Hyades.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    She's gorgeous! :O
  • EntropyEntropy0 Posts: 0Member
    lookn cool
    Thanks hazend, aylaa12, Mikala, Aeries and Entropy :)

I began to re-touch Pacifica, which was a Galactica type vessel with more armor plates such as Columbia in Razor ;)

wip_pacifica_v2_00.jpgwip_pacifica_v2_01.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work tan.j:thumb:
    Hello:
    I totally agree with Ice-Dragon, all of those pics are excellent. I specially like the Battlestar Pacifica, it is looking very cool so far and the scene is very much like what we saw in Razor.... maybe the Battlestar Columbia was pacifica's sister ship? :D
    It realle makes me wonder (again) how would have been the Atlantia... maybe a third up-armored Columbia class too:devil:.
    Keep up the amazing job! :thumb:
    incredible work tanj on the pacifica I liked the little special touch of adding classic cylon raiders jejejeje nice
    Thanks I-D, Chiletrek and aylaa12 :)

Yep, I'm going to give Pacifica the looks that are similar to those of Columbia in Razor ;)

wip_pacifica_v2_08.jpgwip_pacifica_v2_10.jpgwip_pacifica_v2_12.jpg

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5JAP9UWIo
    Hello:
    Your model of the Pacifica is looking great! I cannot wait to see it completed. Will the Pacifica have red stripes or blue stripes?. I guess that after it is done, would you also make a version of the Columbia?:D. If that is ok for you since the Columbia is a canon ship.
    Keep up the amazing job!:thumb:.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    And the hits just keep coming!
    Love the dedication you are giving to this project. Wonderful design and builds.
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    that fly by is amazing and your battlestars "drels*
    wow great work on the pacifica you know you could boost up the destroyer demosthenes vanguard class that was built by hobbes a while back the thread is here in this site under vanguard destroyer is a very bsg oriented ship and I'm sure that with your special touch it will look even better great work tanj
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    The up armored Galactica type looks great tan.j, Your fleet is really starting to get rolling. By the way did you happen do get the pm I sent about getting you in the Diaspora credits?
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Very good!!!
    Thanks Chiletrek, mikala, larundel, aylaa12, StarSlayer and Starship :)
    Chiletrek wrote: »
    Hello:
    Your model of the Pacifica is looking great! I cannot wait to see it completed. Will the Pacifica have red stripes or blue stripes?. I guess that after it is done, would you also make a version of the Columbia?:D. If that is ok for you since the Columbia is a canon ship.
    Keep up the amazing job!:thumb:.
    A tentative color scheme of her is shown as below, which is based on my first impression of Columbia in "Razor" ;)

wip_pacifica_v2_20.jpg

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ2rRiI1pb4

pacifica_jump_wip01.jpg
    aylaa12 wrote: »
    wow great work on the pacifica you know you could boost up the destroyer demosthenes vanguard class that was built by hobbes a while back the thread is here in this site under vanguard destroyer is a very bsg oriented ship and I'm sure that with your special touch it will look even better great work tanj

Yep, Hobbs' Vanguard is one of my favorite non-canon BSG ships as wrote before in the conversation via the visitor message with you :) But as I wrote before, I will stop "modeling" any BSG-related vessels once, then tackle with making some animations that would involve BSG-related ones.

The detailed structures added on such as Ouroboros and Pacifica are what I guessed they were necessary for making images/scenes that I wanted to get when I started this thread. It may mean that now I just stand at the start line again.

I would make my version of the Vanguard class vessel, if I decide to use her in my animation. :D

wip_pacifica_v2_26.jpg
    wip_pacifica_v2_25.jpg
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Gorgeous, simply gorgeous
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Add an Autobot symbol on the circular disk, and you've got a winner! ;) Looks great.
  • Adm. ZaxxonAdm. Zaxxon171 Posts: 0Member
    I have to say that these ships are incredible.:thumb: Could you post more shots of the hyades? I really like the engine configuration of that one, and the overall uniqueness of the designs. After scouring this site for good looking BSG ships, I think yours are the best I"ve seen yet.

Keep up the great work man, and please, moar pics!!!:p:thumb:
    Hello:
    Those pics are amazing and the level of detail is outstanding :D .
    I guess the Pacifica will have red stripes while the Columbia would have blue ones? it may help for variety I suppose as there are not many canon designs for capital ships.
    The video looks very good too, nice to hear the FTL sound from the mini-serie (I haven't heard that one for a while :p ).
    Keep it up!
    Dude your animations are awsome, im loving the fly by and the jump shots.

I got to say seeing your pics in the download section and the work your still doing here has been a great inspiration in my 2D designs that i hope very soon when work gets abit quiter to learn blender and start doing them in 3D.

Love your work dude....keep it up and yes please to more pics.
  • CylonMissleNukeCylonMissleNuke0 Posts: 0Member
    haha.. pretty nice stuff you've got goin there =D. was wondering if you'd include the missle launch tubes on the ventral side...
    Thanks hazend, Mikey-B, Adm. Zaxxon, Chiletrek, larundel and CylonMissleNuke ;)
    Mikey-B wrote: »
    Add an Autobot symbol on the circular disk, and you've got a winner! ;) Looks great.

...I remembered SDF-1 MACROSS :D ...

neversayagain.jpg
    I have to say that these ships are incredible.:thumb: Could you post more shots of the hyades? I really like the engine configuration of that one, and the overall uniqueness of the designs. After scouring this site for good looking BSG ships, I think yours are the best I"ve seen yet.

Keep up the great work man, and please, moar pics!!!:p:thumb:
    I plan to re-construct my web pages and upload my battlestar's images, some of which have been uploaded to nowhere ;)
    Chiletrek wrote: »
    Hello:
    I guess the Pacifica will have red stripes while the Columbia would have blue ones? it may help for variety I suppose as there are not many canon designs for capital ships.
    The video looks very good too, nice to hear the FTL sound from the mini-serie (I haven't heard that one for a while :p ).
    Keep it up!
    I checked RAZOR's DVD again and again, then I assumed that Columbia has no stripe :D

columbia_caps.jpg
    larundel wrote: »
    Dude your animations are awsome, im loving the fly by and the jump shots.

I got to say seeing your pics in the download section and the work your still doing here has been a great inspiration in my 2D designs that i hope very soon when work gets abit quiter to learn blender and start doing them in 3D.

Love your work dude....keep it up and yes please to more pics.
    I'm very glad to hear that my works gave you a inspiration :) And I'm looking forward to seeing your 3D work!
    haha.. pretty nice stuff you've got goin there =D. was wondering if you'd include the missle launch tubes on the ventral side...
    Ummm... I had a big problem related to missile tubes already. I could not understand a structures of a missile launch station of GALACTICA in the show :confused:, so no missile tubes have been modeled in my GALACTICA type BSs.
    I personally guess that adding missile tubes on the ventral of a GALACTICA type vessel may decrease strength of her body too much, and it looks very dangerous to me (I watched the last episode of new BSG only a few days before :D)

=========================================================

DVDs of BSG season 4.5 had been released in Japan at last and I watched all episodes except "The Plan". And I got Adobe AfterEffects (AE) today, then tried to enhance flashes in the movie that was uploaded to Youtube around ten days ago . New one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKEqV6_vCa0
    Now I know that AE is a powerful software, and its stable, logical behavior may change my workflow related to 3D works. I'm going to try to make DRADIS screen animation for a Viper's model by using AE :)

pacifica_v2_ortho.jpg
    one word wow it keeps getting better and better love the red stripe
    WOW...pacifica is looking awsome i got to say...i cant wait for your next animation.

Ow and yes please to redoing your website and posting loads of images on it.
  • Adm. ZaxxonAdm. Zaxxon171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow...