Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
edited December 2011 in Work in Progress #1
-- 12-23-2011
Hi all,

I had released some meshes from my BSG related works;
Battlestar Ouroboros,
Battlestar Pacifica,
Battlestar Pleiades,
Battlestar Hyades,
Battlestar Hesperides,
Battlestar Andromeda,
Battlestar Skinfax and Sleipnir.

I say again, please do not use these meshes and designs for commercial purpose.

Selling of a part of or the whole of my mesh, selling of their derivatives (miniatures based on my mesh data and/or designs, rendered images using my mesh data and/or designs, printed images using my mesh data and/or designs, your own mesh data based on my designs and so on) were/are/will be prohibited by me.

My license policy until Dec. 25th 2011 0:00 (GMT) for released my BSG related meshes is;

these meshes are licensed under the same manner as a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 License.
Hence you can re-distribute, edit, modify and use them for non-commercial purpose without my permission at your own risk.
Many design motifs in the mesh data are given from those in the shows without permissions from original right holders, so please do not forget that a copyright infringement may occur by unfair usage of them.

That after Dec. 25th 2011 0:00(GMT) for released my BSG related meshes will be;

you can edit, modify and use them for non-commercial purpose without my permission at your own risk, while you can not re-distribute them.
Many design motifs in the mesh data are given from those in the shows without permissions from original right holders, so please do not forget that a copyright infringement may occur by unfair usage of them.

My position against my BSG related works is;

all my BSG related works are only derivatives of creations by original BSG creators. Therefore rights that I can hold to my BSG related works were/are/will be limited and I did/do/will not have a right to get any financial profit by using these works. I can not give to anybody a right that I do not hold.

Unfortunately I found possibilities that my BSG related meshes would be used for commercial purpose at the STARSHIP COMBAT NEWS (SCN), sculpteo.com and so on however, most of them have been resolved. I show thanks to forum members and the moderator of the SCN, the staff of sculpteo.com, and their actions and efforts for resolving issues.

Thanks in advance.

-- 04-19-2009
This movie project itself was canceled, but some modeling works related to this project are still underway...
--

Hi!

I had started to make a series of scenes that describes the last battle of a galactica-type battlester named OUROBOROS during the cylon attack. "Zero hour" is a tentative title of the series. I have no idea when it would be finished now however, I'm sure that the progress of this WIP will be slow...:D

And here, I want to show great thanks to Coxxon and Pagan. As shown in movies, their released models will be used by this project.

When the cylon attack began, one of the oldest battlestar was preparing for her last sortie outside a dockyard in Gemenon territory...

Current test shots
- Sep. 20, 2008 (Xvid codec AVI, 2.6MB, 54sec, w/o sound)
- Oct. 11, 2008 (Xvid codec AVI, 2.9MB, 35sec, with sound)
Post edited by tan.j on

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The animation look really great :thumb: I don't see any problems with it so far (assuming that it's still a WIP :p). Just be sure to add camera shakes because without them it doesn't feel enough "Galactica" :D
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Great start here... Lighting needs some work seems a little too cartoony if you ask me
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac179 Posts: 138Member
    Yes, very nice Start, that can be a Stunner finished!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work like always tanj
  • DalekHunterDalekHunter331 Posts: 9Member
    i think the animation looks great as it is i hate the shaky camera stuff in Galatica which is why i haven't watched anything past season 1
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    They look very good, I am looking forward to see more of it :thumb:.
    But what it is really calling my attention is your Battlestar Pacifica, it looks awesome with the added armore, very much like the Battlestar Columbia from the flashbacks :)
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on this. :thumb:
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I can't watch the animation at the moment (I'm on a crumby computer), but the battle damaged Ouroboros looks pretty good.
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Compression gets a bit fuzzy towards the end, but it's defiantly looking good:cool:

Can't wait to see the final scene..

Not to put down Coxxon's models (they're great, in fact I'm currently using several of them in an animation I'm rendering) but that basestar was never designed to be shown from that close.. you might consider modeling one yourself if you get the chance.. with your level of skills I have no doubt that you could produce a model suitable for extreme closeups:);)
  • Knowles2Knowles2171 Posts: 0Member
    The link to the videos do not seem to be working for me.
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks for comments all!

@somacruz145 and DalekHunter

I personally like natural shaky motion of cameras but sometimes I feel too artificial about VFX scenes in the show. (I remember that I handled a 8mm film camera about 20 years ago...:)) I basically intend to avoid giving shaking motion to camera, while fast zoom in/out might be used more frequently.

@I.G.88

I guess that current lighting setting gives relatively low contrast images and it's intentional. It might be the reason why you feel so ;).

@Chiletrek and Pearse

Thanks, I also feel that damaged Ouroboros and Pacifica are not bad.
    Unfortunately my Pacifica is always destroyed by cylons as shown in my latest image in the gallery section :D. And Ouroboros will be damaged more...

@today

Yep, I once started to make my basestar model but it is far from completion yet. I give priority to scene making at present.
    As you wrote, Coxxon's models are well-balanced ones and suit long shots. Though I added a bump map and self-luminosity map to it...
    Knowles2 wrote: »
    The link to the videos do not seem to be working for me.
    A few members reported the same problem to me, it seemed that they had been able to resolve download problems by using other browsers, especially in case that they saw an error message related to C++ library.
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool..:thumb:
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Those are great animations. I could t
    try to create/emulate some BSG style music for you if you'd like.
    Hello:
    If you are making one of the battles during the Cylon holocaust, you may also try to do a shot of the Fleetyard been destroyed... with the impotent look of the remaining ships still fighting and even knowing they would share the same fate. I don't know if that would be possible, but that would add quite some drama and emotions (good emotions if you are a Cylon :devil: ).
    Keep it up, those videos look great indeed.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    nice start, you may want to add more engine glows but it really looks great. One of these days I'm going to get around to making a render with this mesh.
    Thank you for comments :)

@Chiletrek

In my current plan, a dockyard and battlestar Pacifica, whose navigation system is active :devil:, will be destroyed in front of Ourboros. Though I'd made a test scene of destruction of a large ship, rendered images are quite poor yet :(

@Lonewriter

Except 2 cuts, Ouroboros' engines are not ignited yet in those movies.
    When two basestars jumped out, Ouroboros was still checking engines and navigation system. So, her sub-light engines and her computer network were not yet active :D

Attached images show current test results of an engine start process and a fireball running through a hangar.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Man, IA’m impressed!
    Good script and renderings!
    In time: IA’m still working in 3ds max conversions of your ships, but it will take still a long time. ;)
    Hello:
    Those pics look very good. Well, you may now say your renderings are poor, but you are sure to improve, and with those quality images you have I can only try to imagine what do you have in store for those poor Colonial ships. Keep it up! :thumb: .
    Thnaks Starship and Chiletrek,

I updated DRADIS screen animations (img#2), and had a lot of trial and error for two kind of fireballs. One is a large fireball comparable to a battlestar (img#1), and another is a relatively small fireball running through a hangar deck (img#2 in my previous post).
    The first test movie of these fireballs is here (Xvid codec AVI, 760kB, 5sec).
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    The explosion in the hangar looks excellent! The other one is on the right track, but I wouldn't expect something as big as a battlestar to produce such a uniform fireball..
    I like the hangar blowing up very much but the battlestar explosion doesn't look very realistic before the bright flame shows up. I also think it should blow up gradually - smaller parts first and then one big bang of the fuel or warheads that would tear the ship apart. But it looks good anyway and I'm sure you will just get better :D
    Hello:
    The explosion inside the Hangar is awesome!. The Battlestar's explosion is good you are doing great, maybe for some details you may see how the Battlestar Pegasus and the Battlestar Columbia exploded. Keep it up :thumb:
    Hi,

Progress is quite slow, but this project is still running.

Though I began to make a movie of a launch sequence of Viper Mk.VII and dog fight sequences about 1.5 month before, I found that some new models were needed to get images that I wanted. I've finished modeling of Vipers and a pilot, and am going to retry :)
    Oh man I was going to ask you where did you get such crisp images of the viper launching :lol: You're doing an awesome job - the models are really great - just add some rust to the textures and it will be perfect !
    Hello:
    I was looking forward to see updates, and you certainly don't dissapoint, those are very cool models! I look forward to see what are those Vipers+pilots capable to do:thumb:.
    Thanks Chiletrek and somacruz145.

It's the last update this year :)
    I had finished adding motion rigs to a pilot and a viper, and began rendering of new animation of a viper launch sequence.
    Hello:
    Wow, that is most impressive, her facial expresiion looks very well done:thumb:.
    I look forward to see more!... is it 2009 yet?:D.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Very nice work. Can't wait to see the Viper launch.
  • RyconRycon0 Posts: 0Member
    Very awseome work
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Magnificent!!!