Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work tan.j:thumb:
  • DaveWhDaveWh342 Posts: 18Member
    tan.j wrote: »
    Hi, it's been a long time :D
    Total poly counts of models used today was around 1.7M

you... hurt... my... head...
    tan.j wrote: »
    I still am going to release her.

THANK YOU! I may just sit and whimper as I watch Lightwave make pretty pictures.
  • BartolomeusBartolomeus171 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive work! Looks awesome!
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Incredible work friend! Nothing less than this.
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks Pearse, Chiletrek, Ice-Dragon, DaveWh, Bartolomeus and Starship :)

Fortunately I had time to play with my OUROBOROS. Though more detailed structures should be added on her surfaces, I began to construct light rigs and basic rigs for her middle hull and engine block were finished.
    I hope I would release her mesh in two months...

An attached movie shows exhaust test results. A exhaust length is linked with a heading of "a null object" as shown in the movie by a red arrows.

ouroboros_wip43.jpg

ouroboros_wip44.jpg

ouroboros_wip42.jpg
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    in my opinion the lights from the cannon outposts are too strong, try to use some attenuation! all the rest is perfect!!! :)
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome job like always!!
    Davide_sd wrote: »
    in my opinion the lights from the cannon outposts are too strong, try to use some attenuation!

I also think so, Davide_sd ;) But they were stronger in some long shots in the show :D
    Outstanding work there tan.j:thumb:
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I'm drooling at those engines.....
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work, mate, I especially like that last set of renders.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    Oh wow, you ship is looking great! you almost made me drool all over the keyboard :D .
    As for the exhausts in the engines, I remember from BSG that they were a bit smaller, I may be wrong though, but I guess a good reference could be the aft views of Galactica during the last chapter.
    Keep it up with the amazing job!:thumb:
    At the beginning the exausts are a bit static and longer than necessary, I believe. ;)
    Thanks Ice-Dragon, Dr Lee, Meph, Chiletrek and Starship.

I guess this might be my last post in this year :)

I personally think that there were at least four types of different exhaust expressions in the show (in Season1 - 3 and Razor, 4's DVDs have not been released in Japan yet), and some of these might be realized by different methods. Current static exhaust expression is designed based on that of PEGASUS in Season 2, it was long and its luminosity pattern/texture seemed to be fixed at the world coordinate.

Though there is no progress in the modeling, I declare that the final stage of release preparations began because I have found no terrible problem through test renderings such like...

wip_a001.jpg
    wip_a002.jpg
    wip_a003.jpg
    wip_a004.jpg
    M a g n i f i c e n t !!!
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice detailing, you've given me some ideas for my ships or rather MIP's
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work. Congrats on being more or less done! :)
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    One word.....WOW!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wow tanj it even looks better than galactica herself
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmmmmmmmmm ... whoah .... the level of details ... :o
    Awesome work, I have got to hand it to you, you really know how to build a outstanding model:thumb:
    Thanks Starship, Sly Assassin, Pearse, nova1701dms, aylaa12, asddsa0147, somacruz145 and Ice-Dragon.

I fixed mesh data of OUROBOROS Ver.2 once yesterday and am checking and modifying textures. I'm going to release her data in this month. Comparisons between Ver.1 and Ver.2 are shown below...

v1v2compares_head.jpg
    v1v2compares_middle.jpg
    v1v2compares_pod.jpg
    v1v2compares_bottom.jpg

And scene and model files for this image will be included in the released data.

ouroboros_wip72.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    ho-ly <bleep>......... that is AWESOME!
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing details!! Great modell:thumb:
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    I was SOOOOO hoping this thread would be updated soon.

This looks absolutely amazing! The level of detail is outrageous! Hope you have the time to make "several" beauty shots in 1920x1200 for some gorgeous desktops!

Incredible work as always!
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work.
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    That was simply amazing, the number of new details in your ship is just... outstanding!
    Keep up the amazing job :thumb:

One question though: are the engines updated to look more like the ones in the final episodes of Galactica? the interior of them were different in the mini-serie than in the last episode.
    Thanks Dr Lee, asddsa0147, ms8_347, AndyM, Syklon and Chiletrek :)
    Chiletrek wrote: »
    One question though: are the engines updated to look more like the ones in the final episodes of Galactica? the interior of them were different in the mini-serie than in the last episode.

The current meshes were based on DVD cap images from mini-series and season 1-2 (except indication methods of a ship's name :D). As the results, each engine has single cone in its nozzle.

ouroboros_flyby_pilot_0095.jpg
    YouTube - BSG - Viper Flyby Sequence Test

Honestly there were some variations, especially engine interior, among the DVD caps. So, I used selected DVD caps, which looked consistent with a ZOIC Studios' image shown below.

kg_cg_ns_galactica-030b.jpg

Though I know this,

cap08.jpg

I do not have enough reference images now because DVDs of season 4 have not been released yet in Japan (I gave this type of engine nozzles to my SLEIPNIR and SKINFAXI already :D).