Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnimation - BSG / Zero hour

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW that's outstanding:thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    i agree! wow very great battlestar ouroboros great job,tanJ!
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice ....
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks guys!

The latest shots of Ouroboros are;

ouroboros_wip03.jpg

ouroboros_wip04.jpg

ouroboros_wip05.jpg
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!:
    wow! this is outstanding!
    Love the level of details, and want to see mooore!!!
    How many polys so far?
    :eek::eek!: WOW this is truely outstanding work :thumb:
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!: marry me! lol joke fantastic detailing.
  • I was disappointed that you couldn't continue on the animation but since you're doing this instead :) Excellent work your eye for detail and scale in detail is impressive.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    Very impressive work there :thumb:

One small thing I noticed, though. In the first image you posted, if you look at the first rib by the flight pod alcove, it's got a small hole in it.

Otherwise, it's brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Holy **** and i thought fractalsponge went nuts on details.... Very stunning work man.
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    My gooooood :eek!: Amazing details man.....
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    :o ... oh ... if a picture says a thousand words then this one is like a freakin' billion !
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    If someone told me that was the real model I'd believe them. End of line.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    :eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!: I donA’t have words....
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats frakking amazing. MOre detailed than the actual model they used on the show
  • ScottJScottJ0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic, really nice, so spill the beans if you could, I am fairly new at modeling (compared to the pro's) im guessing it was made in lightwave due to the lwo format and that you modeled each section seperatly, just wondering how you started, get teh basic shape and then the detail or each bulkhead one at a time up the ship? also what reference pictures did you use? http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/images/colonial/battlestar_galactica.jpg this is the best one I found, getting the boxset DVD's in the next few days (play.com had them on offer) the downloaded episodes arnt that great quality/time consuming to watch all episodes for reference pictures.
    So any sites with nice (acurate) reference pictures?

How acturate is this to the galactica, though its a sister ship so the acuracy compared to th galactica isnt the main goal here.
    Thanks all!

I finished the head part two days before and began to edit flight pods. Pod supports were completely remodeled to give beveled edges :)

@Davide_sd
    Current polygon count of the head part is around 0.58M (not all polys are triangles), and about 50% of polys are those of surface panels and new small structures :D

@ScottJ
    Yep, I use LW v9.6 now and it's an only 3D app. that I have.
    I always make all basic shapes/objects roughly once to fix dimensions and relative position of each part, then plan how to make each object. This rough model is a template, so each shape/object is modeled again based on it. In the case of a GALCTICA type battlestar, whether the flight pods are retracted without troubles was confirmed by using a rough model with a test rig.
    One of reference pictures for a template is Zoic's orthographic picture that you showed, and those for details are screen caps from DVDs of the mini series and season 1. As you may know, detailed structures of GALACTICA in the show are inconsistent among cuts, so I consider that there are not "accurate" reference pictures :D.

ouroboros_wip21.jpg
    ouroboros_wip20.jpg
    ouroboros_wip19.jpg
    ouroboros_wip18.jpg
    WOW this is stunning work your doing tan.j:thumb:

Have you ever done a low poly ship:D
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    WOW this is stunning work your doing tan.j:thumb:

Have you ever done a low poly ship:D

I bet that about 1 hour in , his every model stops being low poly :lol:

Oh and that last batch of images is just uncomparable ... You could give a lot of 3D makers a run for their money ! :thumb:
    I have always loved your models very fun to play with. But this is just nuts Christ what detail, can't what to see the finished piece.:cool:
    Thanks Ice-Dragon, somacruz145 and uscmBSG75 ;)

@I-D and somacruz145
    Though I made 10 or more relatively low-poly models(1k-10k polys) for animation works, most of them were lost by a HD trouble as wrote before. They included VALK. and PEG. type BSs :(. This shows a mining ship(around 7k polys) that survived from the trouble.
    I personally like low-poly models, but am not good at drawing texture images. If I were a good texture maker, I might not model detailed structures :D.

cv_.jpg

I turned on my PC for the first time in recent three weeks yesterday and finished updating a mesh of the engine block. Structures on the both side and the bottom side were widely updated based on "my impressions" given from screen caps from season one DVDs.
    btw, DVDs of Ep.#301-#310 had been released two days before in Japan. I enjoyed them and found that some surface structures of GALACTICA were different from those in previous seasons. As shown in the 4th image, each character of ship's name on the flight pods was modeled as the same as that of GALACTICA shown in Ep.#307.

ouroboros_wip27.jpg
    ouroboros_wip26.jpg
    ouroboros_wip25.jpg
    ouroboros_wip31.jpg
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    If you'd put a Zoic watermark on those images I doubt I'd be able to catch you out.

Brilliant work :)
    Yup, more great work. :)
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    Great looking tan.j!
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Like it all!
    wowow very very impressive work! it remembers me that i have to finish my battlestar! :(
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work!
    Hi, it's been a long time :D

Though my project related to OUROBOROS Ver.2 had been suspended once, I still look for an opportunity to restart it. I do not know when it would be restarted, anyway I had time to render some images today.

Total poly counts of models used today was around 1.7M, which is nearly the same as that of my SKINFAXI and twice as that of OUROBOROS Ver.1. The model data of each part was divided into two parts, one of which contains detailed structures that are not needed for middle/long shots. So, I guess that it can be reduced to 1M or less when it meets your need. I still am going to release her.

Almost all of modeling and texturing works except for a middle part of her had been completed around three months before. Grayed parts that are not textured yet in the first attached image are newly modeled and still being edited. I estimate it would take around 20-30 hours to finish her however...:(

ouroboros_wip35.jpg

ouroboros_wip36.jpg

ouroboros_wip38.jpg

ouroboros_wip39.jpg

ouroboros_wip40.jpg
    Looks brilliant, what else can I say? :)
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I am totally breathless!!, your model looks amazing!... I am most looking forward to see it completed:thumb: