Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    HAHA Good loop hole lol
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ah looks like it didn't help me - I have some vids ready but I will wait until Pheon does some 2D work to go along with the animations :D
    On the other hand, a quick update to the Y Class interiors :

interior2.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks good. :thumb:
    Thanks Alexander :D

I think I will stick for a moment with the Y class because I like it :p I added some more details to the standard corridor, made a variation of it (they all can't look the same after all) and also started shaping out the reactor room. I'm not sure if they will make it to the show but if Pheon wants to include them then I will be ready :cool:

interior3.jpg
    interiorsec1.jpg
    reactor1.jpg
    Vey very nice.
    Thanks :) I must admit that even I was surprised to see how cool did the interiors turn out :D I will be going offline for a few days so new updates should be a bit bigger than those.
  • StarshipStarship475 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    As Spock could says, FASCINATING!!!!
    Starship wrote: »
    As Spock could says, FASCINATING!!!!

Thanks Cassio :D

It has been quite a while since a serious update was made but it's mostly because I'm doing BSG stuff, Flanker's busy with Warhammer and Pheon ... is offline for most of the time :D
    However, I decided to make a move and get back to the stuff that's of highest priority. I will try to make as much updates as possible this week to the NX's bridge, corridors, captain's quarters and other rooms/areas (most of which are still waiting to be started ...)

Enough of the talk, here's the "left" side of the bridge with new panels above the stations (why did someone bother to put them there ?) and other buttons/panels whose usefulness remains a mystery ...

holmes.jpg

Here's the actual pic :

bridge37.jpg

And a new captain's chair (along with new turbolift doors and yet another bunch of panels around them)

bridge38.jpg
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    WOW! Looking gook there!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Its really cool, solid updates and the like, but im curious on how you structured the different sets; are they laid out like a virtual soundstage, with some corridor connecting to all the different bits, and the main areas close together, or what? I assume you have everything contained in a separate file so the polycount doesnt kill you, but how do you set up for an animation following a character walking from the bridge to his quarters?

oh, and about time you updated!! :shiner:
    Good work.

Yeah, haven't heard of him in a while either. Not even about my voice-samples. Oh well, my patience is a thing I am training on. :D
    WOW! Looking gook there!

Thanks Duane :D
    Its really cool, solid updates and the like, but im curious on how you structured the different sets; are they laid out like a virtual soundstage, with some corridor connecting to all the different bits, and the main areas close together, or what? I assume you have everything contained in a separate file so the polycount doesnt kill you, but how do you set up for an animation following a character walking from the bridge to his quarters?

oh, and about time you updated!! :shiner:

Right now the rooms aren't even scaled to fit each other :rolleyes: When a shot containing multiple rooms will be needed, I will then merge the files for rendering.
    When we'll be doing an animation of someone walking from the bridge to his quarters I think we'll just use some merged files for areas like Bridge-and-turbolift or corridor-and-quarters but the rest will be single-area renders (merging corridors which are actually copies of one object doesn't seem to have much logic in it ...)
    Aresius wrote: »
    Good work.

Yeah, haven't heard of him in a while either. Not even about my voice-samples. Oh well, my patience is a thing I am training on. :D

Don't worry, you will be notified as soon as the voice recording starts :D Right now we're trying to focus on getting the basics done.
    Oh, I'm sure of that, I'm just a fast one when it comes to worry about people that are long-term absent..

Natural habit of mine....
    Oh, I'm sure of that, I'm just a fast one when it comes to worry about people that are long-term absent..

Natural habit of mine....

Oh then you should learn how to be patient with this project :D It's pretty big (I'm sure you noticed that :rolleyes:) so even if everyone was working twice as fast, it still would be some time before we started the recordings ...
    Anyway, I'm on the continuing mission of updating the oldest "parts" of the project. Here's a new shot of the long-forgotten Armory :

spatialarmory10.jpg

It doesn't seem like a lot but a lot of details such as lamps, seats etc. can be imported from other parts like the bridge or cargo bays so I'm sure the progress will be a lot faster than it was before.
    Latests posts disappeared so here's the current state of the armory. I don't think I will need to tell you what I changed - everything should be visible :D

spatialarmory17.jpg
    After you have done this you should make a non cartoon version for your other thread.
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    After you have done this you should make a non cartoon version for your other thread.

You know that this one will take me moths to complete ? :rolleyes: (The NX interiors I mean)
    I don't want to be doing any duplicates of my work, which means nothing that appears in the cartoon will be remade in realistic style unless I really REALLY want it. I won't stop helping out with Season 5 until Pheon decides to abandon this project and until we get more 3D artists on board, 99% of the CGI will be done by me ... so adding anything to this and my BSG-themed ships is just too much :flippy:
    So there is only 2 of you working on the project?
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    Well I have to say, rather awesome, and kinda cute, Liked the NX 'ink and paint' and the interiors are awesome
    So there is only 2 of you working on the project?

Actually it's 3 people, all from the SFM forums - Pheon (story, 2D drawings, compositing, additional 3D works), Flanker (2D design, additional textures) and me (all the crap you see in 3D :p)
    Genex-X1 wrote: »
    Well I have to say, rather awesome, and kinda cute, Liked the NX 'ink and paint' and the interiors are awesome

Thanks :) I'm not sure about the "cute" part because things will get rough when we start the animations but I can assure you that everything will only get better from now on :D

2 extra pics before I go to sleep.

spatialarmory18.jpg
    bridge39.jpg
    and me (all the crap you see in 3D :p)
    I think i can agree with you on that one there Adam:flippy::devil::lol:
    Only joking

Nice pic on the bridge.
    Thanks :) I'm not sure about the "cute" part because things will get rough when we start the animations but I can assure you that everything will only get better from now on :D
    Rough, eh? As in virtually beating the crap out of each other for missing deadlines? :p
    somacruz wrote: »
    2 extra pics before I go to sleep.
    You actually SLEEP???? :eek: That explains the slow rate of updates!! :shiner:
    Rough, eh? As in virtually beating the crap out of each other for missing deadlines? :p

Well there are no deadlines so we beat each other just for laughs :lol: :shiner:
    Actually I meant the rough look of the show - I really want to make some massive damage to everything - the latest BSG episodes have me inspiration :devil:

You actually SLEEP???? :eek: That explains the slow rate of updates!! :shiner:

Don't worry, when I'm sleeping I'm rendering stuff :D
    I think i can agree with you on that one there Adam:flippy::devil::lol:
    Only joking

Nice pic on the bridge.

Oh you don't need to tell me :D Honestly I would like to rebuild the bridge from scratch. And I don't know if I won't do that ... and no, I'm not joking ...
    Wow, that looks sweet. Very realisting.
    Don't worry, when I'm sleeping I'm rendering stuff :D

Excuses, excuses. You should be agonizing over each pixel as it renders, debating whether you got the look right, or need to start all over again!! :flippy:
    Oh you don't need to tell me :D Honestly I would like to rebuild the bridge from scratch. And I don't know if I won't do that ... and no, I'm not joking ...
    Now thats more like it! :lol:

^runs :runs:
    Wow, that looks sweet. Very realisting.

Thanks. Glad you like it :D
    Excuses, excuses. You should be agonizing over each pixel as it renders, debating whether you got the look right, or need to start all over again!! :flippy:

Now thats more like it! :lol:

^runs :runs:

1) I'm not rendering Enterprise stuff at night :flippy:
    2)Don't make me do it ! :mad: There's so much stuff fraked up on the bridge, I think I will seriously have to remake them. Just look at the walls on the sides (the angled ones) and old panels - neither one of them is right ...

Ok you made me do it ! :devil: Pheon will be mad but the bridge will be in EVERY episode so why would it look worse than the armory !?
    1) I'm not rendering Enterprise stuff at night :flippy:
    2)Don't make me do it ! :mad: There's so much stuff fraked up on the bridge, I think I will seriously have to remake them. Just look at the walls on the sides (the angled ones) and old panels - neither one of them is right ...

Ok you made me do it ! :devil: Pheon will be mad but the bridge will be in EVERY episode so why would it look worse than the armory !?
    Dude - you can't blame me just for helping you convince yourself that you gotta spend another sleepless (night? week? month? honeymoon? year????:D) rebuilding an awesome bridge set :idea: just because your experienced eye seems some improper details that the rest of the human population couldn't notice with an electron microscope. :p

And surely you cannot blame me for your own OCD! :lol:

and no wonder that pheon gets upset everytime someone asks him when the project will be ready for active production :rolleyes:

:D
    (YES! IT WORKED!! :shiner:)
    Dude - you can't blame me just for helping you convince yourself that you gotta spend another sleepless (night? week? month? honeymoon? year????:D) rebuilding an awesome bridge set :idea: just because your experienced eye seems some improper details that the rest of the human population couldn't notice with an electron microscope. :p

And surely you cannot blame me for your own OCD! :lol:

and no wonder that pheon gets upset everytime someone asks him when the project will be ready for active production :rolleyes:

:D
    (YES! IT WORKED!! :shiner:)

I will just sum it all up with one sentence - Quality first :cool:

(oh yeah even I'm glad that it worked :p)
    Somewhat you sound like Tucker, being overly occupied by the captains chair while their were under the influence of the nebula that made them all go crazy.
    'It has to be perfect, it hs to be perfect, IT HAS TO BE PERFECT!!'

Well, as long as you don't start totally from scrap but only strip those pieces you don't see fit....
    Somewhat you sound like Tucker, being overly occupied by the captains chair while their were under the influence of the nebula that made them all go crazy.
    'It has to be perfect, it hs to be perfect, IT HAS TO BE PERFECT!!'

Well, as long as you don't start totally from scrap but only strip those pieces you don't see fit....

Hahha yeah I may sound like that but actually I never thought of building it again from scratch :D Everything will be as it was, and only the walls on the sides of the main area will get an overhaul. I might even keep the panels intact (just move them to fit) because textures will be the same for sure :)