Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow.

Great work.

The warp-dropout looks great, Joshis station looks fine so far, this unnamed ship (somewhat reminds me to the Voyager or Equinox...) looks quite nice and the buildings are great. Only this left building with its ball-structure is somewhat .. awry.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    Fantastic buildings adam. LOve the ship coming out of warp even more!!!!!!

Thanks :D I will try to upload the animation somewhere ... I also did some other animations so maybe it's about time I put up another demo reel/trailer ?
    Aresius wrote: »
    Wow.

Great work.

The warp-dropout looks great, Joshis station looks fine so far, this unnamed ship (somewhat reminds me to the Voyager or Equinox...) looks quite nice and the buildings are great. Only this left building with its ball-structure is somewhat .. awry.

Thank you :D
    The unnamed ship was based on the Norway class but I can't say that Voyager and Equinox didn't had any impact - I absolutely love those ships :rolleyes:
    And about the building, I was thinking about it being something like a botanic building and I tried to make it look like a new "greenhouse" (taking hints from BSG botanical ship and real-life buildings)
    Just a quick update :D
    I made a trailer for ... third episode. I won't tell you why it's for 5 x 03 :D
    Just watch and comment :p (I need some input to know what things should be upgraded) Some scenes are re-used but the trailer as a whole is new.

YouTube - Enterprise Season 5 x 03 Teaser Trailer
    Finally forced myself to finish Hoshi's station :D
    The displays still don't have textures but everything else is pretty much done.

bridge50.jpg

And here's a wide shot of Tpol's and Hoshi's stations :

bridge51.jpg

While we're at it here are 3 sample screen display textures that I use :

tpoldisplay5.png
    tpoldisplay6.png
    tpoldisplay7.png

Also, a small note to the earlier post - watch the trailer in HQ or it will very likely be extremely choppy.
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    just watched the vid and i like it glad to see you added the exit out of wrap efect.:thumb:
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    The trailer looks pretty cool, although it feels a bit weird with no sound.

Btw, I don't know if you need any additional reference for the NX-01 bridge, but did you see Doug Drexler posted some pics yesterday on his blog?
    just watched the vid and i like it glad to see you added the exit out of wrap efect.:thumb:

Thanks :) I'm glad you like it ! I will remake the animation in near future because I have some cool ideas for extra FX :devil:
    Pearse wrote: »
    The trailer looks pretty cool, although it feels a bit weird with no sound.

Btw, I don't know if you need any additional reference for the NX-01 bridge, but did you see Doug Drexler posted some pics yesterday on his blog?

Yeah, sound was always my Achilles heel ... but don't worry, episodes will have sounds and voices (although I have no idea how will we get all that).

And that blog is the best thing that could ever happen to me ! If I could send you some money for that I would (really :rolleyes:)!
    The bridge is out of date unfortunately (you can tell that really easily) but that applies to details only and it will surely make everything easier.

Now that I have both stations complete I think I will get back to Tpol's console (the table with consoles) and after that most of my work will be focused on adding unique details to each side of the bridge (Reed has different consoles setup than Tpol after all) and getting the rest of the ship done.
    We will need captain's ready room/quarters, the hangar bay, reactor room, corridors, turbolift ... and a few more rooms that I don't remember now just for the NX and the first episode alone ...
    If anyone, who can do even just the TOS Enterprise, would like to participate in the project, contact me and I will get the message straight to Pheon (or you can contact him but he's not online very often)
    Thanks for the support :thumb:
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    Taking into consideration my overall situation is starting to stabilize in London, I can assist in the modeling department.
    I was also able to stabilize the problem with my NX-01 mesh.
    Since I switched to x64bit OS on my new laptop, my NX-01 was rendering in 3 mins ... and in 32bit OS, I was only able to render only 1 image and the rest would give me an error that Max ran out of memory (4GB ram to run out quickly?).
    So I installed 32bit Max in 64bit OS, and now my problems are solved (also ... it would appear I will soon have a job as well ...).

I could sure use to work on this project ... plus I could supplement the voice acting given the fact my vocal cords are able to simulate a wide range of female/male voices.
    Deks wrote: »
    Taking into consideration my overall situation is starting to stabilize in London, I can assist in the modeling department.
    I was also able to stabilize the problem with my NX-01 mesh.
    Since I switched to x64bit OS on my new laptop, my NX-01 was rendering in 3 mins ... and in 32bit OS, I was only able to render only 1 image and the rest would give me an error that Max ran out of memory (4GB ram to run out quickly?).
    So I installed 32bit Max in 64bit OS, and now my problems are solved (also ... it would appear I will soon have a job as well ...).

I could sure use to work on this project ... plus I could supplement the voice acting given the fact my vocal cords are able to simulate a wide range of female/male voices.

Oh wow that's quite a surprise ! :o
    The modelling department will be really honored to have you in its ranks (well I'm the only person who's in it) because there's really a lot of work to do and even one extra person will be extremely helpful.
    You don't have to worry about running out of RAM because as you can see the amount of details is fairly low and the main focus is on making things look only "pretty much the same" as they did on the screen.
    I will PM you with details on how to contact us :D
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    The running out of ram issue was mainly contained to my 32bit XP OS (and 32bit Max).
    I theorize the OS decided it cannot deal properly what with all the changes I made saving from Max 4 all the way to Max 9 suddenly.
    As I said, I installed 32bit Max in x64 Vista Home Premium ... my render times are around 35 seconds for 800 x ... (for the full schematic-type top view-port image of NX-01).

Been doing some minor modifications recently on the thing discovering some small errors on the details and smoothing them out. :D

I'll definitely try to keep the meshes low poly ... although you know how I can get slightly ... detailed :D
    The running out of ram issue was mainly contained to my 32bit XP OS (and 32bit Max).
    I theorize the OS decided it cannot deal properly what with all the changes I made saving from Max 4 all the way to Max 9 suddenly.
    As I said, I installed 32bit Max in x64 Vista Home Premium ... my render times are around 35 seconds for 800 x ... (for the full schematic-type top view-port image of NX-01).

Been doing some minor modifications recently on the thing discovering some small errors on the details and smoothing them out. :D

I'll definitely try to keep the meshes low poly ... although you know how I can get slightly ... detailed :D

Yeah I'm running a 32 bit max in 32 bit XP too but hopefully this summer I will get a new laptop and make some changes because I can barely handle any bigger scenes with a lot of textures objects overall.
    Oh and I heard that Vista isn't the best place to run a 32 bit max ... but I'm not 100% sure as I didn't do that. I was thinking about installing a 64 bit XP and then running a 64 bit max on it (again when I go to the US) and if it will prove to be really good then there's nothing against going detail-crazy about the models :D
    Right now the only problems are the render times because I do all of it and since 100% of the shots will use CGI, I have to do everything I can to save time on rendering :rolleyes:

[edit]
    While I'm at it here are 2 screens for shields tests. The first one is a frame from an animation and the other one shows the shields for the BoP (I cover the whole ship with a few shields and then just modify them to fit the needs of the scene)

bop35.jpg
    bop36.jpg
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    I can get slightly ... detailed :D

That is like God saying "I can get a bit religious sometimes"....

If I'd have known you were at a loose end, Deks, I'd have given you some of my drawings to build and model, tch. :) Still, look forward to watching the first episode. I've just put in my order for two PC's which are each about 8 times more powerful than the bucket I'm using, so who knows, maybe I'll chip in with some background random crappy model sooner or later.
    Dannage wrote: »
    That is like God saying "I can get a bit religious sometimes"....

If I'd have known you were at a loose end, Deks, I'd have given you some of my drawings to build and model, tch. :) Still, look forward to watching the first episode. I've just put in my order for two PC's which are each about 8 times more powerful than the bucket I'm using, so who knows, maybe I'll chip in with some background random crappy model sooner or later.

Haha yeah you couldn't say it better :D I'm really happy that Deks joined our team because the more we work on the project, the more stuff we want to be included and that never stops !
    As for some other news, Pheon will be soon back with us (he was extremely busy) and hopefully will finish the script for the third episode so that we can focus on the visual and audio side of the project. If you want to be doing some 3D work Dannage we will gladly accept your work even if it's some small background details such as a shuttle, house or even a console.
    Once I catch Pheon online, I will try to make a list of "things to do" so that we can organise work more quickly for newcomers :D
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    ^I can download your renders to be used as my wallpaper. Does that help at all? :lol:
    ^I can download your renders to be used as my wallpaper. Does that help at all? :lol:

Oh yeah that's one of the key points that support our project ! You just have to send me some stuff (cars, gold, diamonds, houses etc.) and your job here will be complete :devil::lol: Anyway, you said you wanted to help with the voices so don't think you can get away that easily !
    Oooh, voices... Do you have any fat english idiots on your crew? I can do fat english idiot very well...

I've no objection to lending some models to the cause, just remember they have to be far away and tiny because my models don't hold up to the human eye, if they are more than say half a centimetre across on screen. :D
    (again when I go to the US)

Your going to the U.S how lucky:lol:
    Not that lucky. The US is a very strange place; read H2G2 for more on this topic :D
    Probablyu a really obvious answer to this but whats H2G2
    Probablyu a really obvious answer to this but whats H2G2
    U shuda just googled it :D Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :lol:
    Oooh, voices... Do you have any fat english idiots on your crew? I can do fat english idiot very well...

I've no objection to lending some models to the cause, just remember they have to be far away and tiny because my models don't hold up to the human eye, if they are more than say half a centimetre across on screen. :D

If you can post any samples of your work then I will decide if they hold up :D
    (of course the final word will belong to Pheon but we need all the help we can get)

Read below :)
    Not that lucky. The US is a very strange place; read H2G2 for more on this topic :D

Yeah I like that country only for its cheap electronics :lol:

But enough off-topics for now !

I'm on another computer and I can't access my work directly but I just finished remodelling Tpol's console (the remote one, near the middle of the bridge)
    But until I transfer my images here, you can look at 2 wip images from the second trailer (I have a lot more but as I said I need to upload them)

d5s2.jpg
    d5s.jpg
    That is some pretty neat work you got there
    Samples? Hey, just imagine the worst possible rendering you've ever seen and make it fat and bearded, and viola... I ruined one of your own designs, remember?! :)
    That is some pretty neat work you got there

Samples? Hey, just imagine the worst possible rendering you've ever seen and make it fat and bearded, and viola... I ruined one of your own designs, remember?! :)

Oh man I totally forgot that you did my Klingon ship :o I can only tell you that the model was (is ?) too high on polys and work like that would perfectly fit our show !
    Yeah, see I'm bad -and- inefficient, hee hee... Well, if you got some texturing geniuses around, I could do with practice trying to do low poly stuff. I did a low poly fighter for a game once, I think I can probably do it again on demand. :) Currently working on a sketch-dump thread, so have no pressing engagements (just trying to get back into it) so if you need anything, just say the word.

Saying that, I think the most paramount (ha ha!) element is going to be the characters themselves. It#s what stopped my 'group' project from ever happening, everyone could build ships, nobody could build people. :D
    ^ Same for me. I've been working on my own little BSG animation for a while with some pretty nicely modeled ships and interiors (if I say so myself), but I know I'll fall flat on my arse when it comes to making the characters. :p Still, I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two along the way.

So how many polies do most of these models have?
    Yeah, see I'm bad -and- inefficient, hee hee... Well, if you got some texturing geniuses around, I could do with practice trying to do low poly stuff. I did a low poly fighter for a game once, I think I can probably do it again on demand. :) Currently working on a sketch-dump thread, so have no pressing engagements (just trying to get back into it) so if you need anything, just say the word.

Saying that, I think the most paramount (ha ha!) element is going to be the characters themselves. It#s what stopped my 'group' project from ever happening, everyone could build ships, nobody could build people. :D

Well if you can create a decent low-poly model (and from what I've seen you can :D) then I can texture it really easily. Maps represent the biggest details so basically they're just main panel lines or markings.
    As I said we don't have any time contraints so you can take your "time" and finish up what you're doing :D
    About the characters, the problem was here as long as I remember (when Pheon started the project and was all by himself I guess it was even bigger problem :rolleyes:). However, he can do them, Flanker can do them and I'm also trying to create something so it shouldn't be that bad. Of course, we'll search for people who can create and animate characters, probably on some sites that are strictly 2D-oriented.
    ^ Same for me. I've been working on my own little BSG animation for a while with some pretty nicely modeled ships and interiors (if I say so myself), but I know I'll fall flat on my arse when it comes to making the characters. :p Still, I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two along the way.

So how many polies do most of these models have?

Yeah probably we all will be doing characters by the time the first episode is complete :D When I had a problem with texturing (creating and applying) and couldn't find anyone to help, I just learned it all by myself ...
    The ships are pretty simple and as far as I remember the Klingon Bird of Prey was at about 5000 polygons and the most detailed is the NX with 24000 polys.
    I will post a sample model of Y-class corridor and Klingon BoP so everyone can have a look at the work and then do something for our show :D

If anyone wants to create something, here's the list of unfinished models :

NX Class Captin's ready room
    NX Class Tranporter room
    NX Class Launch bay
    NX Class Sickbay
    NX Class T'pol quaters
    NX Class Sensor Pod room
    Shuttlepod interior
    Klingon Lab
    Klingon research outpost
    Klingon Station cold storage lab
    Klingon Station computer core
    Klingon Station corridor (2 types )
    darkened room (klingon style)
    NX Class engineering
    Klingon BoP interiors
    Y-Class Bridge
    Y-Class Quarters
    Y-Class Sickbay
    Y-Class cargo module

And for a contrary, a list of things that are done or under construction :D

Last update : April 19th 2009

Andorian Kumari
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Earth DY-100 Ship
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Ante Room
    1.20% Finished model (only rough overall geometry done)
    1.0% Finished textures

Klingon Bird of Prey
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Klingon D5
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Klingon Freighter
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon High Council Main Chamber
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Klingon High Council Grounds
    1.80% Finished model (main city grounds done, adding buildings and landscape details)
    2.10% Finished textures (material-based texturing but it will get the job done)

Klingon High Council City
    1.10% Finished model (started modelling houses and city streets)
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Shuttle
    1.100% Finished model
    2.10% Finished textures

Klingon Small Bird of Prey
    1.100% Finished model
    2. 100% Finished textures

Klingon Small Bird of Prey - Class Bridge
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Science Station
    1.70% Finished model (all main geometry done, adding small details)
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Station
    1.90% Finished model (all main geometry done, adding small details)
    2.0% Finished textures

NX 01
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% finished texturing.

NX 01 Bridge
    1.70% Finished model (rebuilt more than half of the scene)
    2.50% Finished textures (textured one half of the bridge)

NX Class Armory
    1.80% Finished model (Finished most geomtery, adding details to second level)
    2.90% Finished textures (textured first level)

NX Class Cargo Bay
    1.80% Finished model (main geometry done on 1st level)
    2.50% Finished textures (first level textured)

NX Class Corridor
    1.80% Finished model (main geometry done, walls need to be remade)
    2.0% Finished textures

NX Class Crewmen Quarters
    1.80% Finished modelling (main geometry done, adding details)
    2.0% Finished Textures

NX Class Mess Hall
    1.80% Finished model (main geometry done, needs wall and details on other end of the interior)
    2.80% Finished textures (modelled part is textured)

NX Class Phaser Turret
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

NX Class Shuttle
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

NX Class Spatial Torpedo
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Romulan Bird of Prey
    1.70% Finished model (main geomtery done, needs tweaking and details)
    2.0% Finished textures

San Francisco Golden Gate Area
    1.700% Finished model (bridge done, added starfleet buildings, adding background models)
    2.0% Finished textures

San Francisco Tram
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Y-Class Corridor
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Y-Class Corridor version II
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Y-Class Freighter
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Y-Class Engineering
    1.10% Finished model (a few models of the main geometry done)
    2.0% Finished textures

NOT APPROVED MODELS

Andorian Cruiser
    1.70% Finished model (main geometry done but very simple model)
    2.0% Finished textures

ECS Ship
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

H-Class ECS Ship
    1.80% Finished model (main geometry done)
    2.0% Finished textures

Intrepid Class Variant I
    1.40% Finished model (main geometry done, needs nacelles and details)
    2.0% Finished textures

Intrepid Class Variant II
    1.40% Finished model (see variant I)
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon High Council Ante Chamber
    1.50% Finished model (main geometry done, needs details)
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Defense Vessel I
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Klingon Defense Vessel II
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Kzinti Cruiser
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

San Francisco Cty
    1.40% Finished model (modelled a few buildings, background details will be probably textured blocks)
    2.0% Finished textures

Starfleet Science Ship
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Starfleet Katana-Class Ship
    1.100% Finished model
    2.10% Finished textures (started texturing)

Starfleet Small Destroyer
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

Starfleet Small Cruiser
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Starfleet VIP Shuttlepod
    1.100% Finished model
    2.0% Finished textures

Volcan Battlecruiser
    1.40% Finished model (main geometry done)
    2.0% Finished textures

Volcan Small Cruiser
    1.100% Finished model
    2.100% Finished textures

And some updates:

1.Tpol's console :

bridge54.jpg

2.Klingon High Council Chamber with post-processing effects:

fireanim1.jpg

3.Some frames from an animation with 2 Klingon stations and the BoP:

outpostbop1.jpg
    outpostbop2.jpg
    outpostbop3.jpg
    The Klingon room looks pretty cool.

I'd definitely like to work on a model or two down the line. Low poly modeling is something I need more experience with.
  • CXCX0 Posts: 0Member
    You guys are making me seriously consider doing anime instead of pure CGI for my Foundations series. :shiner:
    The Klingon room looks pretty cool.

I'd definitely like to work on a model or two down the line. Low poly modeling is something I need more experience with.

Thanks :) Currently we're absolutely short on any Klingon houses and interiors so if you want to do some Klingon furniture/computers/accessories it would be really awesome. When it comes to design, just try to keep it simple and it will be just perfect. I don't even need textures because I can do and apply them on my own.
    I don't think the Klingon-oriented episode will be coming out anytime soon (we have some "obligations" about some other stuff :p) so you can take as much time practising low-poly modeling as you want to :D Oh and don't worry if things get a little too detailed because interiors will be just single frames.
    CX wrote: »
    You guys are making me seriously consider doing anime instead of pure CGI for my Foundations series. :shiner:

I have a better idea - join us and it will be a lot easier :devil: