Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Nothing to niptick, at least, not from me. :)
    Adam, youA’re fast ... and crazy! :D All those meshes... ItA’s an inspiring work, no doubt.
    Keep doing the GREAT work.:thumb::thumb:
  • CXCX0 Posts: 0Member
    No offense, but there isn't enough to ENT that I liked to make me want to continue it - that's why I'm making my own version - but good luck to you guys all the same. I know at least some of my friends would love the idea of seeing a decent ENT continuation. :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Starship wrote: »
    Nothing to niptick, at least, not from me. :)
    Adam, youA’re fast ... and crazy! :D All those meshes... ItA’s an inspiring work, no doubt.
    Keep doing the GREAT work.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks :D I'll do my best to help Pheon and others inspire some more people and make them join the project.
    CX wrote: »
    No offense, but there isn't enough to ENT that I liked to make me want to continue it - that's why I'm making my own version - but good luck to you guys all the same. I know at least some of my friends would love the idea of seeing a decent ENT continuation. :)

Oh yeah I forgot that you completely reimagined the series ... good luck to you too :thumb: I see that you got pretty far with it ! When I have some free time I will check it out :D
    When it comes to the Enterprise, I wasn't 100% happy with the series too but some parts worked really well and that's why I joined the project in the first place. Pheon is doing his best to fix inconsistencies in the story and I'll make sure that no ship, interior or item is a re-used prop from other series :D (especially from Yoager :p)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Been a long time, sorry. My computer broke down and I had to buy a new one. Now I'm only missing a monitor, dunno whent hat will arrive.
    You guys are doing really great.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Been a long time, sorry. My computer broke down and I had to buy a new one. Now I'm only missing a monitor, dunno whent hat will arrive.
    You guys are doing really great.

Oh hey there :D Unfortunately we slowed down lately but I will be working further on the NX bridge today so I should have at least an untextured version of the "right" side ready today :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Oh hey there :D Unfortunately we slowed down lately but I will be working further on the NX bridge today so I should have at least an untextured version of the "right" side ready today :)
    You mean you're starting all over again?? :eek:
    *sigh* contrary to popular belief, practice does not make perfect, it simply annoys everyone else :D
    Well I finished rebuilding the left part of the bridge and now I'm going to texture the right side :D (I don't want to copy the details over so I will remake textures also)

bridge55.jpg
    Yeah, always the long route....

Whatever, nice work.
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Do you have any videos (either test or otherwise) completed yet, or is this all still in pre-production stages?
    There are several videos from him on voutube. Basics like flybys as far as I know.
    Promus wrote: »
    Do you have any videos (either test or otherwise) completed yet, or is this all still in pre-production stages?
    There are several videos from him on voutube. Basics like flybys as far as I know.

Well there is a "new" vid which is actually the first trailer :D

YouTube - Enterprise Season 5 x 03 Teaser Trailer

It's not long but for the first time you can witness an animated bridge and dynamic lighting for the environments (both of which were cleverly created from single-frame renders :cool:)
    Looks massive! :thumb:
    Now THAT is cool. I was able to get to your YouTube account from there to check out the other videos. Thanks!

How are you going to animate the characters themselves?
    Looks massive! :thumb:

Now THAT is cool. I was able to get to your YouTube account from there to check out the other videos. Thanks!

How are you going to animate the characters themselves?

Glad you like it :D Pheon, who is the head of the project, is going to handle character animations (at least for now).
    The characters will be created in 2D and since they're composed of vectors, the moveable parts will be altered and then rendered out with the environments in the background.
    Update time :D Bridge is still not finished but I have something cooler (probably) for you ! A new teaser trailer for the first episode of season 5 !

YouTube - Star Trek Enterprise 5 X 01 Teaser trailer
    Hm.
    That sounds promissing.
    I could say that all teaser trailers seem to be very promising :p However, I must say that I'm still learning new stuff and I'm sure that even scenes that play near the ending of the episode will have some better effects than those in the beginning :D
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    hey great work there adam:thumb: i was wondering when your rendering phaser effects des it allow you to render the glow in that same render window or do you have to render the glow in different window and comp it in?
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    hey great work there adam:thumb: i was wondering when your rendering phaser effects des it allow you to render the glow in that same render window or do you have to render the glow in different window and comp it in?

Thanks :D I'm using mental ray "glow" material which, when used with mental ray's output "glare" feature, generates a realistic glow in the frame. Except for the Klingon High Council Chamber which had fire effects rendered over a pre-rendered background everything was made in one scene and layer.
    After reading a post on Doug Drexler's blog about NX02 unfinished model (with visible interior beams and other components) I decided to do something similar for some of the ships that will get severly damaged or destroyed - if they will be blowing up or at least getting hull breaches it would be a bit funny to see just an empty space in the ship :D
    Here's what I did for the Bird of Prey a few minutes ago :

bopdamaged.jpg
    Hm.
    'One half chicken please!' :lol:

Looks like thry lost some plating..
    Geez, put some clothes on! :D
    Geez, put some clothes on! :D

No ! :devil: Here's some more R-rated stuff :flippy:

bopdamaged3.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice!
    This will indeed be useful for destroying it :D
    ok, how about an "explosion" version?
    Sure, man the phasers, aim and ... oh that 'explosion'.
    I'm very interested in seeing the concept art for how the characters themselves will be animated, and what they'll look like!
    Melak wrote: »
    Nice!
    This will indeed be useful for destroying it :D

Thanks :D I even have an idea with the camera flying through a blown-up BoP during a battle !
    ok, how about an "explosion" version?
    Sure, man the phasers, aim and ... oh that 'explosion'.

Is there anything I need to know about that "explosion" part !? (I thought you wanted a version with the BoP getting torn apart)
    I'm very interested in seeing the concept art for how the characters themselves will be animated, and what they'll look like!

You can check out this thread http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/2d-wips/19609-enterprise-season-5-animated-19.html
    There is a full cast and some extra characters there (along with 2D drawings of ships)
    THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY CONTAIN SHIPS WITHOUT ANY KIND OF EXTERIOR CLOTHING. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED :p

bopdamaged4.jpg
    bopdamaged6.jpg

Still not finished 100% but I was too tired already to do anything more... and even without some parts the "insides" have 2 or 3 times more polygons than the exterior (well the fact that it was built in june last year also makes some difference).

Tomorrow morning I will post an update to the bridge. I only added a few consoles today but I'm way too busy with other stuff at the moment.
    *GASP* Not to be a prude, but these spacelanes are not clothing-optional (hull-optional?) :eek: