Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• CXCX0 Posts: 0Member
    Are you guys using Ghost in the Shell for inspiration or reference at all?
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    whoa, the lights are supposed to be "emerald green", not " 'grass' green-yellow"!! :lol:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Pearse wrote: »
    Looking good, though the green things are a little garish. What are those?

I think they are memory "cards" of some sort - they were green as far as I remember :D
    CX wrote: »
    Are you guys using Ghost in the Shell for inspiration or reference at all?

I'm not sure about Pheon, but I only heard about the series and didn't even watch a single episode ...
    whoa, the lights are supposed to be "emerald green", not " 'grass' green-yellow"!! :lol:

Ok, done and done :cool:
    Aresius wrote: »
    Looks like a busy workstation. ;)

Yeah there are a lot more panels and buttons than there were before - I have created 19 new textures for the new station and I still have some more to do.

And not to delay it anymore, here's the latest pic of the station :

bridge45.jpg

And a non-canon ship that I was secretly building :p

smallv31.jpg
    smallv32.jpg
    smallv33.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    19 textures. Neat...

Sweet ship. Looks like the first runabout/Ent-Era Sacawega. :lol:
    19 textures. Neat...

Sweet ship. Looks like the first runabout/Ent-Era Sacawega. :lol:

Thanks. But the ship is supposed to be a pre-Oberth :mad: :p
    :eek!:
    :eek!:

:fishslap: :rolleyes:

Oh and one more thing, here are examples of textures (actually screen displays) that Flanker is doing for me. They are a bit different from what we've seen in the show so I will use them on new screens (for example in the armory on the torpedo launchers or around the bridge)

Panel04.jpg
    Panel05.jpg
    Niiice!
    @Aresius: the proper name is sacagawea :shiner:
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Those displays are fantastic, I think I'll use that style for a bridge in Star Trek Bridge Commander. :D
  • CXCX0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not sure about Pheon, but I only heard about the series and didn't even watch a single episode ...

If you like sci fi, I'm pretty sure you'd like the Stand Alone Complex series. I'd highly recommend it. :cool: Plus they tended to mix CGI and regular animation, which they blended together for a pretty good final product, IMO.
    Seconded!
    It's a great anime.
    Ok guys, I will check it out on the weekend :D Flanker told me he has it so maybe I can somehow get it from him ...
    Updates are pretty slow right now but that should change in a few days (holidays !). For the time being, here's a new Klingon patrol ship I designed (the bigger one, and it's still far from being done)

fighter9-1.jpg
    fighter10.jpg

And finished Tpol's station. I added 2 screens on the lowest level and changed the buttons to make it a bit different than what we saw in the show (everything changed from season to season so why not now ?)

bridge46.jpg
    Sweet work on the Klingon vessels and the workstation.
    Thanks Alexander :D I'll try to get some new screens up today. I think I will start working on Hoshi's station.
    No update on Hoshi's station (I will need some more time for that so I'm saving all the hard work for weekends and holidays) but I have some, probably more interesting, updates :D

First one is the old Starfleet Headquarters shot but with added clouds and background land (added in post-processing of the image)

starfleethqfx.jpg

The second one is extremely fresh :D I haven't decided on the city but it will probably be something like San Francisco or Paris (both of which were pretty famous in Trek series). I liked the city in ST XI trailer so I will try to make this one similar to that vision (we haven't seen many cities in Ent era so you can expect some wild results :D)

small211.jpg

And here are the beginnings of textures for the small science vessel. The results so far are even better than I have expected :cool: :p

smallv34.jpg
    smallv35.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    You certainly have a talent for multiple projects.
    Amazing work really like the Klingon ships.
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    San Francisco looks great and your science vessel is also very, very cool!
    Why was san fransisco chosen to be the site of Starfleet Headquarters, surely there are other more famous cities they could have chosen? or was it simply because having the GGB in the background would be a dead give-away?
    I kinda liked them having it in San Fransisco........... Hey wait is that hw they came up with siskos name from the place were they put the HQ
    Thanks guys for the comments :D
    When it comes to SF location, I think they went with that because it
    a) was in the US
    b) has a very iconic object (the bridge)
    c) is better than other cities that have something very easily recognisable (New York or Washington) because it's more technologically advanced than they are
    I still think they should have gone with Boston; it's nicer (you cant get better than new england :)), and its pretty easily rec....er, well its distinctive....:lol: or vancouver (everyone knows that canada is really the 51st state :D)
    Nice work with the HQ, the opposite hillside looks still a bit empty though...
    The other things are great, I suggest Paris or for something totally new: Tokyo! :D

Frisco was chosen by Roddenberry because of it's role in the creation of the US and because he deemed the standart Frisco inhabitant to be the closest to his envision of Star Trek.
    While I can't say anything about this in particular, I find it a bit sad that every sci-fi places all important buildings in the US, no matter the grade of globalisation/global government.

Thus I say that this shuttle pier you showed in the second one should be in a totally new place. Stockholm, Tokyo, Cape Town, Sydney...
    Whatever.
    I still think they should have gone with Boston; it's nicer (you cant get better than new england :)), and its pretty easily rec....er, well its distinctive....:lol: or vancouver (everyone knows that canada is really the 51st state :D)

I think those cities were nuked in the war with the augments :lol: :flippy:
    Nice work with the HQ, the opposite hillside looks still a bit empty though...
    The other things are great, I suggest Paris or for something totally new: Tokyo! :D

Frisco was chosen by Roddenberry because of it's role in the creation of the US and because he deemed the standart Frisco inhabitant to be the closest to his envision of Star Trek.
    While I can't say anything about this in particular, I find it a bit sad that every sci-fi places all important buildings in the US, no matter the grade of globalisation/global government.

Thus I say that this shuttle pier you showed in the second one should be in a totally new place. Stockholm, Tokyo, Cape Town, Sydney...
    Whatever.

Yeah, I didn't do anything to the buildings on the other side. I am going to model buildings for that night scene and just modify/copy/paste onto the scene.
    Sadly I must agree with the statement about building localisation ... if I will be ever given an opportunity to make some other cities, I will no doubt model some European ones. It will be a nice challenge to do the Big Ben, Roman Colosseum , Sydney's Opera or maybe even Dubai's Burji Dubai :D
    Finished the Science vessel :D I also started doing Hoshi's station but I will have to get better screencaps from season 4 because all the sets were altered a bit in that season.
    Oh and here's the ship :

smallv36.jpg
    smallv37.jpg
    Matching name. :thumb:

Cute deflector! :thumb: :thumb: :D
    Considering that star trek, among other popular shows, was designed for an american audience, it makes sense to place important locations in the US. Howver, star trek did place the world capitol in paris, and babylon 5 also placed the capitol; "earthdome" in geneva. Stargate was an air force operation, hence the primary location in the US. other shows, i dont know much about. I would like to see a futurised london, that would be cool
    Data was professor in Cambridge, was he not?
    In AGT...
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Now that's a cool looking Science vessel somacruz145 great work:thumb:
    Matching name. :thumb:

Cute deflector! :thumb: :thumb: :D

I don't know how exactly the deflector is cute but thanks :D
    Considering that star trek, among other popular shows, was designed for an american audience, it makes sense to place important locations in the US. Howver, star trek did place the world capitol in paris, and babylon 5 also placed the capitol; "earthdome" in geneva. Stargate was an air force operation, hence the primary location in the US. other shows, i dont know much about. I would like to see a futurised london, that would be cool

Yeah I guess that if there were any sci-fi shows from Europe then we would only see Paris, London etc. :D
    Data was professor in Cambridge, was he not?
    In AGT...

I don't remember :p But that's very possible because TNG didn't rely only on the US - as it was mentioned, Paris was pretty popular.
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    Now that's a cool looking Science vessel somacruz145 great work:thumb:

Here is Hoshi's station, but still without textures. I will do that tomorrow because most of them are ready (since they're just redesigns of Tpol's consoles)

bridge47.jpg

I also made an animation of the NX dropping out of warp but I can't upload it so here are some screencaps :

frame1.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    frame4.jpg
    frame5.jpg
    frame6.jpg
    frame7.jpg

And some basic textures for the ... unnamed ship :D

small230001.jpg
    small24.jpg

And buildings for San Francisco (or any other city, I still haven't decided)

buildings1.jpg

Thoughts ? :)
    Fantastic buildings adam. LOve the ship coming out of warp even more!!!!!!