Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Great work.

The only thing is that I think the starfield background is too dim, too light...
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Great work.

The only thing is that I think the starfield background is too dim, too light...

Thanks :) You should ignore the starfield because it's just one layer of it. Final version (which wasn't even included in the last render) will have more varied stars and different colours of them (there's only white in here).
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Great job, dim starfield aside of course :p I'm guessing it is almost finished? Only some texture work here and there?
    Flanker wrote: »
    Great job, dim starfield aside of course :p I'm guessing it is almost finished? Only some texture work here and there?

Ahhh the starfield :rolleyes: And yeah just some textures (windows, ship's name, cargo modules and the center hull) and it will be ready :D But then comes the "refitting" part ...
    Started doing some simple interiors for the Y-Class.

interior1.jpg
    Sweet work.
    Sweet work.

Thanks :D If everything goes well and I will be able to finish the first semester of my university tomorrow then I will have more than 2 weeks to work on the models. Since most of the models are finished I will see if I can dish out a fully-fledged (whatever that means :p) demo reel for the show with all of the new models and animations :D (which will include some test shots for battles too )
    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=R86iU1leqyg

I did a quick render of the model. Uploaded hi-res but youtube didn't convert that very well ... well, until the second demo reel this is the best I can get you :)

[edit] Gah I posted a warp delta pic ....
    Still looks very good!
    Still looks very good!

Thanks :) I will try now to upload 800x600 vids because everything lower doesn't seem to be accepted as high-quality.
    Here is an almost-complete version of the Y Class Freighter. I applied some simple textures to it and added a few details here and there ... and I think I will leave it for now as it is. Until Pheon decides to do some more work on it, it's going for a retirement.

yclass140002.jpg
    yclass15.jpg
    yclass16.jpg

What do you think about it ?

Oh and I am now going to return to the NX01 and finish something I didn't notice ... something so easy to see it's almost frightening ...

Let's see if anyone can tell what's wrong with the NX :D

nx020.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    its too grey?
    ^runs :runs:
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Actually, the colour is the only thing I can think of. :confused:
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    They look pretty dang good.
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with Pearse and Homer with the colour of it but we may be qrong.
    its too grey?
    ^runs :runs:
    Pearse wrote: »
    Actually, the colour is the only thing I can think of. :confused:
    uniderth wrote: »
    They look pretty dang good.
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    I agree with Pearse and Homer with the colour of it but we may be qrong.

Thanks uniderth and no, it's not about the color :D It was actually being made as "grey" from the beginning. Take a look at the windows :)
  • what windows? :p

They seem to be only on one side

BTW: havn't said this before. no idea why. But what your doing here is seriously great work somacruz. Really, really bold idea. Great work mate

No just get on and get all the animations complete! ;)
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    what windows? :p

They seem to be only on one side

BTW: havn't said this before. no idea why. But what your doing here is seriously great work somacruz. Really, really bold idea. Great work mate

No just get on and get all the animations complete! ;)

Yes the windows are only on one side and there are a few missing on that one side as well.

I'm glad you like the work.

I will see what I can do about the animations in the upcoming days - I have already setup a particle system for plasma cannons, phasers and photon torpedos so I will just have to make good shield effects (different for each ship I suppose) and it will be all set to go.
    BTW here's a shot of the plasma cannons :

yclassplasma2.jpg
    yclassplasma1.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    Those cannon effects are absolutely..........terribly...............................amazing :flippy:

seriously great work
  • Looking awesome, if you figure out decent shield impact system Id love to know how you did it. Im really struggling to get something decent for my hammer head.

Love the cannon effects :P
    wonderful work.
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    I think this is such a great concept! I would love to see Enterprise brought back in CGI! :-)
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    Those cannon effects are absolutely..........terribly...............................amazing :flippy:

seriously great work

Hahaha I knew what you were going to say :flippy:

S.W.Ninja wrote: »
    Looking awesome, if you figure out decent shield impact system Id love to know how you did it. Im really struggling to get something decent for my hammer head.

Love the cannon effects :P

Thanks. I actually came up with an idea but I have to get it done - I will be using a modifier that creates a "bubble" around the ship (I don't remember what it's called and I can't open max now ...) and then apply an opacity map that will make it visible only in the place where the weapon impacts.
    wonderful work.

I think this is such a great concept! I would love to see Enterprise brought back in CGI! :-)

Well it's Pheon's concept :D However, I agree that it's really awesome. Be patient and the Enterprise will be reborn in CGI (or at least in cel-shading).
    Extremely small update but very important one :) I did an effect for a polarised hull getting hit by a phaser. It's still not animated but it will probably be a set of 3 or 4 similar maps looping :D

shields.jpg
    you do understand that anything of sufficient power will burn through the polarization fairly quickly. :D

But you gotta animate that to be sure!!

btw, i think ill steal one of your renders for my avatar! :)
    Is that an Andorian phaser? :flippy:
    Nicely done.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really good. I guess you'll only need 3 0r 4 looping maps since a phaser shot (or similar) only lasts a split second?
    you do understand that anything of sufficient power will burn through the polarization fairly quickly. :D

But you gotta animate that to be sure!!

btw, i think ill steal one of your renders for my avatar! :)

Yeah but let's assume that the polarization will withstand at least a few shots of any phaser fire (even the Y class got a few hits from 3 Nausicaan ships before its warp drive went offline :p)

Oh and steal whatever you want - it's your cash that will be given to me after all :devil:
    Is that an Andorian phaser? :flippy:
    Nicely done.

If it was Andorian, there would be no cargo module there :lol:
    Pearse wrote: »
    Looks really good. I guess you'll only need 3 0r 4 looping maps since a phaser shot (or similar) only lasts a split second?

Yes, and even for a continous fire I don't think that anyone would notice any difference if I had 4 frames running at random.

When it comes to the progress, I was unable to do anything for 2 days but we have enough resources to make official renders for the show.
    The form of the animations will probably surprise you but I'm sure you'll like it :D I just need to contact Pheon on finalizing the animations and you will be able to see the first results ... tomorrow :D
    tomorrow :D
    Ill hold you to that!! :)
    Ill hold you to that!! :)

Ok :D The day has just started here in the US so I have some time on my hands :D