Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you very much :D I'm a big fan of Enterprise (not a blind fan, mind you - I know the show has issues :)) and so is Pheon (that shouldn't be a surprise because it's his project after all) so working on this is only pleasure.
    I'm almost finished working on the most important sets so new shots are a matter of days.
    When it comes to the "cut outs", the ink material in Max is very similar to outlines used in 2D programs and it makes the composition almost seamless - guess we were just very lucky :D
    The full motion trailer is, however, going to be delayed once again but there is already something in process that will fill the gap ... and it will fill it soon :D
    One little update to the Kumari. I think that will be the final version of the ship and I will only add geometry details to it or modify the existing maps if there is such a need in the future :) Now I'm going to sleep and tomorrow I'm planning to do some updates to the NX Bridge and start some other important areas from the main ship.

kumari12.jpg
    kumari13.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work on the Kumari. Those wingtips are very great made.
    Somewhat, it looks like there's more detail now than in the original model. :thumb:
    Thanks and yeah, it indeed looks like this :D It's probably because my textures are so clean - the one in the show had lots of extra plating in textures and some noise.
    kumaritech.png

[edit]

Forgot to add that this is yet another poster of a finished model :D
    Tomorrow will be the day when the NX bridge set will be finally done so stay tuned.
  • universaltimuniversaltim0 Posts: 0Member
    Well yeeha and kudos! This is really well done. Very nice!
    So, does this mean we will be seeing the Warp Delta (one of the unnamed ships) soon? The two unnamed ones (the Intrepid type and the Delta) always fascinated me more than the NX class. It's too bad we didn't get to see more of them in the show.
    From what I know there are no current plans for the Warp Delta or the Intrepid to appear in any of the episodes but I can't confirm that they are not going to appear anywhere. We are going to visualise basically everything (that means the amount of ships, places or events that are known only by name and don't have a visual representation will be lowered as much as possible) so if any of the ships will be mentioned, I will probably make a 3D model of it even if it would be there just for one shot :D
    Shran will be happy. :D
    Yeah he will be :D Especially since ... ah no, I can't tell you :p
    Back on topic, it's almost 6pm and I did absolutely nothing with the NX bridge ... I'm off now to work :D
    Here is an update to the bridge. I only updated Reed's station because I don't have any good pics of the second one ... and it will probably stay the way :)

bridge31.jpg
    bridge32.jpg

Right now the bridge is missing only a few small details and I will probably do them tomorrow and put an end to this :D
    Nice work, but the lamps are a bit to bright.
    Not only the light itself I mean, also the lamp shade.
    Yeah, the whole scene is overlit because it's easier to work with that way. I will tone down the colors and turn down the brightness a bit for the final renders.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks really good, will be interesting to see it all animated and hear the background noise that goes along with it.

Its hard to get a good reference shot from Reed's station but perhaps this helps screenshot helps. This is also not very accurate (and WIP) but it has a nice amount of links with what you got so far, and perhaps it helps a little for ideas ;) Good luck with the rest of the ships interior!

Reed.jpg
    Yeah thanks I already got ideas for some console displays and buttons :D
    Here is a phaser I did when I was bored a bit. I couldn't find any really good references so maybe Pheon will use this model as a reference to draw 2D images.

phaser1.jpg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking nice :) perhaps a little bit to 'fat', but perhaps that is because of the view. I miss the trigger though but it will be a nice reference. Could post a reference shot if that helps? Have loads of them haha.
    Yeah, bored a bit and thus making a phaser....

Whatever, great work.
    Flanker wrote: »
    Looking nice :) perhaps a little bit to 'fat', but perhaps that is because of the view. I miss the trigger though but it will be a nice reference. Could post a reference shot if that helps? Have loads of them haha.

I used a pic of a phaser toy and looked at some screencaps :D It's nothing really important now so I will leave it for now as it is.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Yeah, bored a bit and thus making a phaser....

Whatever, great work.

Hey I can be bored from time to time, ok ? :p
    ... no ?
    Ok then here's something I did when I was NOT BORED :D
    I decided to leave the bridge as it is now. Unless Pheon decides to do some actual shots, I am not going to touch it (because the more panels I add the less there seem to be !)

bridge33.jpg
    bridge34.jpg
    Yeah, here we go!
    Yeah here we go with something different now :D
    Crewmen quarters :

quarters2.jpg
    Is that an image of the NX-Beta? (Or Alpha, or Gamma, or whatever other lettre they used...)

Looks wonderful.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Yeah here we go with something different now :D
    Crewmen quarters :

I cant beleive it- you killed that line!!
    It goes: "And now, for something completely different!" */John Cleese
    :p
    Is that an image of the NX-Beta? (Or Alpha, or Gamma, or whatever other lettre they used...)

Looks wonderful.

Thanks and yes, that is the NX Alpha (they all look the same but mine has "alpha" written on it :p). Here is the original image :

nxafinal2.jpg
    I cant beleive it- you killed that line!!
    It goes: "And now, for something completely different!" */John Cleese
    :p

Yeah I COULD have written that but ... my line was better :flippy:
    Here's a little update on the cargo bay. There's not much to do here besides some containers and panels on the second level so it will be done really soon.

hangar2.jpg
    Now is the Enterprise an explorer or a cargo vessel? ;) :D

Nice work.
    Sweet image, went right into my screensaver folder.
    Well they had to store those 80 crewmen somewhere :lol: Anyway the scene will get pretty busy with the cargo and it probably won't look as big then.
    Wow you really like that image ? I only like the Earth because it's the only part that I think I got right. I totally messed up the lighting on the NX Alpha :p
    Nay, I think it's perfect.
    Well they had to store those 80 crewmen somewhere :lol: Anyway the scene will get pretty busy with the cargo and it probably won't look as big then.
    Wow you really like that image ? I only like the Earth because it's the only part that I think I got right. I totally messed up the lighting on the NX Alpha :p
    After all, they only had 1 "crew quarters" set built :lol:

I m gonna look through here for some wallpapers, i need some variety!
    Nay, I think it's perfect.

Ah well I'm glad you like it.
    After all, they only had 1 "crew quarters" set built :lol:

I m gonna look through here for some wallpapers, i need some variety!

I may do some hi-res shots soon so you won't have to search through the pages. We will probably need some nice renders for promos and advertisements so you can expect new images really soon. In the meantime here's a small update to the cargo bay :

hangar3.jpg

If anyone can help me find a location of this one on the NX01 then I would be really happy :thumb:
    I did a really quick test today for real-time damage. It's only one surface but I don't have much time now. Hope you will like it :)

YouTube - Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 Test Video - visible damage
    Ah well I'm glad you like it.

I may do some hi-res shots soon so you won't have to search through the pages. We will probably need some nice renders for promos and advertisements so you can expect new images really soon. In the meantime here's a small update to the cargo bay :thumb:
    You should rent advertising space on those walls; theres plenty of room! ;)