Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, great work. I love that.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    wow, great work. I love that.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it :D
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Sweet, y'all. nice job, adam. :thumb:
    Glad to hear that :D Too bad I have to redo the bridge :p It will now use textures for smaller buttons instead of actual models to make things look better from distance.

Oh and weekend is coming to an end so I will have to slow down things a bit ...
    Just an update to keep the thread alive :p Work is going slow but IT IS going.
    Most of the stuff on the pics is basically just an idea and not the final version but hey a wip is a wip , right ? :D

stationcorridor.jpg
    romulans.jpg
    nvs3.jpg
    nvs2.jpg
    nvs1.jpg
    corridor5.jpg
    console1.jpg
    anteroom2.jpg

Opinions and crits are welcome.
    Great work, but if you ask me, the central Rhiannsu vessel is too much alike the "Jupiter" class vessel. (This one delta shaped Earth vessel you have as your ava). It makes the Rhiannsu look like they did a copy-and-paste job with that kind of design and such behaviour is rather common to the (yet unknown) Paklets.
    intersting updates :thumb: now all we need is C-3PO and R2D2 walking down that corridor as well...:p
    Great work, but if you ask me, the central Rhiannsu vessel is too much alike the "Jupiter" class vessel. (This one delta shaped Earth vessel you have as your ava). It makes the Rhiannsu look like they did a copy-and-paste job with that kind of design and such behaviour is rather common to the (yet unknown) Paklets.

Well, the design for both Romulans is unfinished so they will surely look different (that means no delta-romulan :)). If anything, I would say that Delta is the ship that looks unlike other Earth vessels. Oh and even if the design of the romulan ship didn't change much, details and textures would surely set it apart.
    Thanks for pointing that out anyway.
    intersting updates :thumb: now all we need is C-3PO and R2D2 walking down that corridor as well...:p

Thanks :D You can always ask Wiz to paste his models into the scene :p
    Not a big update but always something new to show off :D I started texturing the consoles and adding some more details to them. This is T'Pol's station (it's still far from being finished). Pheon decided to add ink outlines to buttons as well so expect a little change in near future :)

bridge15.jpg
    Necropost!!

^oops :D solid update, adam, you'd make T'pol proud! (though she'd never show it :lol:)
    Thanks :D I have some Trellium D so I can use that to make her show emotions :shiner:
    A very little update. I started texturing other consoles. Here's ensign Mayweather's station:

bridge16.jpg
    I always thought it to be broader...

Anyway, nice work.
    I always thought it to be broader...

Anyway, nice work.

Thanks :) The console was wider but I narrowed it a bit because the screen and the controls on right side would have to be stretched to fit ...
    Another small update for Travis. I gathered some "smoothing" experience with Star Wars Nubian (I have a feeling I spelled it wrong :p) ships so I reworked (in less than 30 seconds but it's always some work done) the chairs and the metal "spline" that goes around them so that they appear smooth. I also added textures to the left part of the console. I think it's finished now. What do you think about it ? :D

bridge17-2.jpg

Oh and one more thing, the weekend has started so now I can take a break from my university stuff - maybe I will finish the bridge in 2 days :D
    Another update to the bridge. I did some changes to the layout of the screens/consoles and added textures for buttons and displays. The only parts left here are Hoshi's console and displays. After that I have to get to the other side of the bridge :D Hopefully most of the parts are ready now so it's just a matter of copy/paste/alter geometry and texture ...

bridge19.jpg

On the technical side of things, I would like to note that all the materials for the show I have on my HDD are well above 400 Megs :) Oh and the textures for the bridge alone were about 1.5 MB when I was checking last :lol: (I use pngs because they look like bitmaps and are smaller than a compressed jpgs)
    Sweet work, looks like the bridge is going to be the first finished, hm?
    Sweet work, looks like the bridge is going to be the first finished, hm?

Thanks :) Actually the Klingon High Council Chamber was finished long time ago. It's a bit funny because the bridge was started even before I joined Pheon's project :D When it comes to other finished models, most of the ships are already done or at about 90% of completion. Of course, the NX is still under construction because it has to be perfect (even though I don't imagine the ship NOT getting any updates from episode to episode).
    I will post some new pics of the NX later once I fix some texturing problems and add details that I missed.
    Here's the updated shot of the NX. The detail that was missing is the brownish thing with glowing blue part :D I will go back to the ship later and see if there's anything left to add. If there is, I will then add it and post final pics of the ship (if it's complete then I will render some images too :D)

nx018.jpg
    One more screen before I go to sleep :) It's a comparison of the "female" part of the bridge (wow I never noticed that before :D) and the other side, mirrored for better viewing. I'm leaving the screen texturing for a moment and switch focus over to modelling panels and "painting" buttons because at that rate it will be difficult to finish the bridge tomorrow (as I promised).

bridgecomp.jpg

Oh and on the NX part everything was ok except the deflector area which lacked details (even the blue glow was missing !). However, I'm a bit tired after the long week and I will take care of that tomorrow. Which actually means copy/paste parts from my Intrepid mesh which had exactly the same deflector details :p
    :thumb:
    :thumb:

Hehhehe thanks Aresius :D
    "Final" renders of the NX-01 Enterprise :D

nx019.jpg
    nx020.jpg
    sweet!
    Great work on her.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,982Member
    Great!
    Thanks everyone :D Here's the promised shot of the bridge. It's still not finished (mainly the screens need graphics and the left side overall is lacking original details) but I'm just too lazy (or tired).

bridge22.jpg

I'm going to lay down for a moment and if I get enough rest I may continue working today :D
    It looks as if it just needs a short run with a rag to clean out some dust and then it can go out and do it's job.
    It looks as if it just needs a short run with a rag to clean out some dust and then it can go out and do it's job.

Yeah now if I only had a few people to do the rest of work for me ... :(
    But the modelling is going at a pretty fast and steady pace (I have most of the geometry done and all textures are a matter of setting up buttons in new order :D) so everything will be over really soon. After that I only have to do the briefing room, captain's ready room, mess hall, hangar, some corridors, the transporter room, crewmen quarters and reactor room :shiner:
    Yeah now if I only had a few people to do the rest of work for me ... :(
    But the modelling is going at a pretty fast and steady pace (I have most of the geometry done and all textures are a matter of setting up buttons in new order :D) so everything will be over really soon. After that I only have to do the briefing room, captain's ready room, mess hall, hangar, some corridors, the transporter room, crewmen quarters and reactor room :shiner:
    So you"ll be finished when? Tomorrow? Wednesday? :shiner:

^runs :runs: