Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Little update for the mess hall. The ceiling is going to be changed because I just found a pic which shows that it's angled and has an extrusion near the door ... but maybe you will like it that way too :p

messhall4.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I lights are somewhat... out of time....
    They almost look like relics. Maybe because we have the very same shape of lamp as main lights in our attic, and my mum told me that she bought them in the late 70s.
    Aresius wrote: »
    I lights are somewhat... out of time....
    They almost look like relics. Maybe because we have the very same shape of lamp as main lights in our attic, and my mum told me that she bought them in the late 70s.

Yeah I have a similar lamp too :D Maybe someone who built the sets had a lot of those to spare ? :rolleyes:
    Anyway the shape is pretty universal and I guess they didn't want to change it and make the ship appear too futuristic.
    Hm, one lamp design lasting almost 200 years.
    That's a competitor to the D7/K'Tinga design....
    Yeah but then again maybe the shape of the light will get as universal as a chair or book :D Even a typical aircraft carrier didn't change much throughout the years.

Back to the updates :) We're currently working with Pheon on the trailer. I'm going to try and finish the Klingon capitol today while Pheon works on the characters. Here's a shot of a road leding to the city :

council12.jpg

A test for mountains mapped to some planars (it's just one mountain copied over and over so it looks strange :D)

council13.jpg

And rough designs of middle-class Klingon houses :

blocks1.jpg
    Nice work, but the houses do more look like Roman, making them more fit on Romulus.
    Yes, I'm aware of the similarities but I think that design fits Klingons the most. Also, I don't recall seeing any typical Klingon houses in any Trek series ...
    When it comes to Romulans, I think their houses have softer lines, curves and are more decorated overall. Their capitol is a pretty good example of that :D
    Hm, good point, but that round house (no, not kick) is definitely not best placed at Qo'noS...
    But it's Chuck Norris's roundhouse :D
    Seriously, I think the round house will be turned into some sort of a chapel or thing like that - houses will stay blocky and be more like the ones we saw in post-TOS shows and Rura Penthe from Ent's Judgment.
    aye.
    Necropost :flippy: :lol:

messhall5.jpg

As you can see I made some slight changes to the ceiling, the beams, lights and rear wall. I also removed all the lights and will now paint shadows where they're needed.
    Pheon seems to be having some problems getting back to our world after the new year party so the Klingon capitol is on hold until we settle the size, look and placement of the rest of the city.
    lol, necro, yeah...

Nice work here, but weren't there more tables?
    There will be but right now I will focus on finishing the room. Once I check some stuff on web I'll get to the modelling so you can expect an update in an hour or so.
    Ok it's a bit more than hour so here's the pic :

messhall6.jpg

I just have to fix the ceiling near the door (it's too high), add rectangle lights and some details on it and then it's only adding details to the textures/drawing shadows. More to come in the evening or tomorrow. I still have some stuff to check on the web :p
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Holy stuff dude? :flippy:
    hahhaha what !? :flippy:

Anyway another necropost. I'm busy with my BSG project and university stuff so here are starts on a typical crewmen's quarters :

quarters.jpg

And the cargo bay :

hangar.jpg

Please forgive me the shoadows in the second pic - they will be painted on via textures later on.
    Oh and since there's nothing better to show off, here are 4 tech posters I made long time ago but didn't post all of them :

boptech-1.png
    D5tech-1.png
    shuttletech-1.png
    transporttech-1.png
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice ships!
    Good work, here.
    Nicely done.
    Thanks guys :) Hopefully it will all look only better in motion. Pheon is offline for a few days and as I said before I have a bunch of other things on my head so the show is getting delayed again and again but working on a project as big as this is really challenging - Berman and Braga and dozens (actually it's probably more than hundred) of others had trouble making good stuff for the first 2 seasons after all :cool:

I will tell it again - if anyone wants to join (we are in desperate need of people who can do 2D graphics and 2D animations), we will gladly accept every kind of help.
    BTW I already told Pheon about the proposed voice-overs and he will surely contact you once we will be recording.
  • PheonPheon0 Posts: 0Member
    BTW I already told Pheon about the proposed voice-overs and he will surely contact you once we will be recording.

Anyone who's interested can drop me a line at my email address: [email protected]
    Oh yeah now you have it delivered first-hand :D Pheon contact me on MSN :p It's been a whie since we last talked !
    An update to the Kumari-class. Don't ask me why I'm doing this right now because there's a massive surprise coming ! :cool:

kumari10.jpg
    kumari11.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Whats the surprise? :D
    nice job there!
    @ Pheon: Might be a good idea to write your email address as abcxyz(at)whatever.com; you want to avoid getting spammed
    Hahaha it's a surprise :D Nothing has changed in the development of the show but there will be some big changes in ... [CLASSIFIED] :p
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    Can't wait!
    It will be announced soon :D What Pheon came up with will bring Season 5 to you faster than it could have been possible before :D
    Sounds nice.

Good work on the Kumari.
  • calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 370Member
    Quite simply: :eek!:
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it :D

I decided to continue with the bridge and here's what I got after two hours of work (I fixed a lot of clipping issues, added more realistic "grills" on top of the stations and other details that I won't even bother to write about :D)

bridge29.jpg
    bridge30.jpg

Please note that these shots are with added effects and that's why they seem a bit "dreamy" :D
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    I just went through all the pages and I must say I am impressed with the amount of work and dedication you two put into this project. The designs of the various starships (canon and non canon) are very inspiring and then I don't even mention the other models.

I particulary liked the views with the flash 'cut outs' been added into the scenes. I've worked with Flash before and never would have considered it would work so well in a 3d workscene.

Again outstanding work and hope you will find some voice actors so the trailer will be released soon ;)