Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    lol.

I think the hull colour is to bright, compared to the series one. And those sparks reminded me of Star Wars, when the lightsabers cut some metals. They shouldn't fly that far, after all, sapce is darn cold. ;)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    You should rent advertising space on those walls; theres plenty of room! ;)

Nah I will just use crewmen quarters - they die without a word of objection so they won't be mad at me for taking ad space :D
    Aresius wrote: »
    lol.

I think the hull colour is to bright, compared to the series one. And those sparks reminded me of Star Wars, when the lightsabers cut some metals. They shouldn't fly that far, after all, sapce is darn cold. ;)

Yeah the effect is a bit too much but it's sci-fi :p Space doesn't have temperature so the sparks should go out immediately, right ? (or not because there is nothing to give the temperature to ... gah I'm confused :rolleyes:)
    Not quite immediately. Space may be dead cold, but things still take time to cool down.
    When looking at the Reliant after its nacelles was shot off, those sparks were flying about two to four metres away.
    Those antimatter charges the Ent-D used against Locutus reminded me to New Years fireworks mainly due to the sparks and they few also quite short, considerably the same distance as with the Reliant.

Now, looking at your animation and cosidering the relations as seens as Reed and Archer dealt with that darn mine, I think they were flying about twice that far. Four to eight metres.
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    Those spark look a bit unrealistic...if you are going for realism.

But they look GREAT for a cartoon!
    Not quite immediately. Space may be dead cold, but things still take time to cool down.
    When looking at the Reliant after its nacelles was shot off, those sparks were flying about two to four metres away.
    Those antimatter charges the Ent-D used against Locutus reminded me to New Years fireworks mainly due to the sparks and they few also quite short, considerably the same distance as with the Reliant.

Now, looking at your animation and cosidering the relations as seens as Reed and Archer dealt with that darn mine, I think they were flying about twice that far. Four to eight metres.

Well I think I will go with about half the distance that I did. I'm not a good scientist and I don't know how they really act in vacuum so I will leave it alone for now :D
    uniderth wrote: »
    Those spark look a bit unrealistic...if you are going for realism.

But they look GREAT for a cartoon!

And that's the problem ! I will try to balance the effects and make the scenes a bit more action-packed and flashy than they were in Enterprise but I'll try not to overdo them :D (although they render so fast I will probably try to squeeze 3 or 4 times the battles in the series :p)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    (although they render so fast I will probably try to squeeze 3 or 4 times the battles in the series :p)

...And thats how the OCD starts......:p

^runs :runs:
    I had to check Wikipedia what OCD is :lol: If I read it right then it's not OCD :p I don't have any fears ... but ... on a second thought there have to be more battles ! ... More than in Star Wars ! And more than in Ent's 3rd episode ... altogether ! :devil:
    Well, there were thoughts about the Roluman-Terran War happening there.
    If you're looking for battles, I say here you can have it. ;)
    Well the Romulan war is planned of course but it's not going to be happening soon. It's meant for future episodes because it will be huge. We will need a bunch of new Federation and Romulan ships along with tons of characters and stories to go along with it :D We will deal with other species in the meantime though.
    Other ships, hm?
    Hell, I'm looking forward for that!
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Have to second that! What for ships will be planned (battleships, destroyers etc) or is that jumping the gun? :D Always nice to see new designs of this era popping up
    Other ships, hm?
    Hell, I'm looking forward for that!
    Flanker wrote: »
    Have to second that! What for ships will be planned (battleships, destroyers etc) or is that jumping the gun? :D Always nice to see new designs of this era popping up

Well there aren't any finished designs to speak of but just like the NX02 Columbia introduced some changes to the NX class, I will try to do the same with both Warp Delta and the Intrepid (NV class). There will be also some original ships but nothing that could compare to the NX - we will leave it as the fastest and most powerful ship for now.
    However, patrol ships, cargo freighters, luxury liners (like the Sarajevo) etc will be introduced when the action goes close to Earth (with max speed of warp 3 you can't get far after all :D)
    heh, aye.
    Here's a very simple model of an Andorian cruiser (post-Kumari). It probably won't end up looking the same but I thought I might post that here just to keep the thread alive.

andorian2.jpg
    andorian3.jpg
    andorian4.jpg

I also talked with Pheon yesterday and he told me about his ideas for the season's first episodes ... no new Starfleet designs for now but there will be new ships (totally different from what you've seen here) and a lot of action with unexpected twists and turns :D
    And one more update - cargo boxes for the cargo bay :D

hangar4.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    mark one of the boxes with a D&D logo, and another with "monopoly" :p the crew needs SOMETHING to relax with, if there is no holodeck.

Maybe- this would also help!! :lol: just put it on one of the boxes!!! :eek:
    :lol:

The Andorian cruiser looks quite good, but I suggest to let the wings start earlier and bent them backward. By now, they're bent forward (seen best in the top-down), I think it would be better if they're bent backward, regardless of their position.
    mark one of the boxes with a D&D logo, and another with "monopoly" :p the crew needs SOMETHING to relax with, if there is no holodeck.

Maybe- this would also help!! :lol: just put it on one of the boxes!!! :eek:

Hmmm Monopoly ... Ok no off-topic'ing, off-topicking or whatever :lol: :flippy:
    :lol:

The Andorian cruiser looks quite good, but I suggest to let the wings start earlier and bent them backward. By now, they're bent forward (seen best in the top-down), I think it would be better if they're bent backward, regardless of their position.

Ok I might check out that configuration. However, it may be the last time you see it because it was made just for fun :D
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww......................
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    I still love that Klingon Shuttle, makes me think of a Star Trek Puddle Jumper.
    Any new designs when it comes to Romulans?
    I still love that Klingon Shuttle, makes me think of a Star Trek Puddle Jumper.
    Any new designs when it comes to Romulans?

Thanks :) Puddle Jumper is Stargate as far as I remember :p
    There are no new 3D models for the moment though. I have a bunch of "started" 3D designs and some drawings but I didn't had a chance to look at them lately.
    Here's a start on a "new" ship. It's a Y-class freighter. It's the one from the show ... while it is :rolleyes:

yclass2.jpg
    And the base model is almost finished now ...

yclass3.jpg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow... looking very good and that for a 'base' model :) Looking as you are planning to add the Ytype the Jtype will follow soon I hope ;)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    That Y-class freighter it looking really good:thumb:
    Flanker wrote: »
    Wow... looking very good and that for a 'base' model :) Looking as you are planning to add the Ytype the Jtype will follow soon I hope ;)

I'm not sure about that just yet :D I will have to do at least one variant of this one and then continue with key models for the show.
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    That Y-class freighter it looking really good:thumb:

Sweetness, very similar to the original!
    Sweetness, very similar to the original!

Yeah this one is supposed to look exactly the same as the original :D It's a bit hard because there are no official renders of the ship but I think it's turning out pretty good so far :rolleyes:
    There will be, however, a different version too which will be built around this model. But for now :

yclass4.jpg
    yclass5.jpg
    yclass6.jpg
    Another tiny update :D

yclass7.jpg

Sorry for the small render but something's wrong with my computer and when I render a bigger image I lose my wi-fi connection :mad:
    Yeah I finally sorted out the rendering problems - my max was thinking that I have 1508 megabytes of memory :lol: And I have hardly 1024 ! Here are some renders of the near-final build (well the model is basically done, it just needs textures)

yclass8.jpg
    yclass9.jpg
    yclass10.jpg
    yclass11.jpg

And in case you didn't notice the shots were rendered without any effects or shadows. Here is an example of how will it look in the series :

yclass12.jpg