Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Actually, it's for the good - we need enthusiastic responses :p

I'm booooorreed.............nooothiiing to dooooooooo..........

:lol:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ok here you are, the new intro movie. It's still bad but it should keep everyone occupied for at least 42 seconds (if you watch it till the end) :p
    Please watch it in higher quality

YouTube - Movie 2
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Not bad, but the planetary texture of Qo'noS is not really good, however, the atmospheric creation in turn is...
  • KodosKodos0 Posts: 0Member
    What software did you use to do these?
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    I enjoyed it. It almost looks a bit too realistic for a cartoon. But of course I always think that in CG cartoons that use that cell shader thingy.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Not bad, but the planetary texture of Qo'noS is not really good, however, the atmospheric creation in turn is...

Thanks. The planet's texture is from a totally different project and it will be the original light green in the end. The ground around the council isn't finished yet either :)
    Kodos wrote: »
    What software did you use to do these?

3ds max.
    uniderth wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. It almost looks a bit too realistic for a cartoon. But of course I always think that in CG cartoons that use that cell shader thingy.

Yeah, there are always some compromises you have to take in order to achieve the effect you want. However, I will try to make the planet look a bit more cartoony in the final shot.
    Oh and our cartoon will use full 3D shots with rotating camera only for space battles and scenes showing cities/rooms when there's no character interaction ; the rest will be handled via static renders of the 2D images with 2D characters put in.
    Here are some funny news :D I did the Starfleet Headquarters today and when I wanted to open the file and render the final shots for the update ... the file won't open :lol:

wait ... that's not funny ... :p

Anyway, I have one pic which was done about 75% through.

starfleethq.jpg
    wow.
    lookd damn realistic. Just missing some trees, water and the Frisco bridge in the background and you'd say Trek goes Anime. ;)

:thumb:
    wow.
    lookd damn realistic. Just missing some trees, water and the Frisco bridge in the background and you'd say Trek goes Anime. ;)

Well now the whole file is missing ... I will have to rebuild it but hopefully I will make it faster and nicer this time around :) Oh and the Golden Gate is ready - I built it a few weeks ago :D
    All forms of recovery failed so I rebuilt the Starfleet Command. It's not 100% the same model because it's based on one screencap but it looks pretty much the same. I also added some bad trees (just for now, I will do something nice in the future) and a shuttlepod. What do you think about it ?

starfleethq1.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    It's nice to see someone doing something a bit unusual, I don't think I've seen a model of Starfleet Command before. The trees don't look bad, either, they'd stick out too much if they were really detailed.
    Pearse wrote: »
    It's nice to see someone doing something a bit unusual, I don't think I've seen a model of Starfleet Command before. The trees don't look bad, either, they'd stick out too much if they were really detailed.

Thanks :) The SFC building was pretty cool to make and I think I could make a realistic version one day ...
    When it comes to trees though, they won't be too detailed but the show will have a bit of realistic flair so that version won't survive :D (but I'm not going to spend hours tweaking the model - there are literally dozens of other buildings, ships, stations and interiors waiting too)
    What I think?

Nuff said! ;)
    Sweet model dude, but you still need to composite the GGB in the background!
    What I think?

Nuff said! ;)

Sweet model dude, but you still need to composite the GGB in the background!

Thank you very much :D

You ask, you get : (althought I still don't know where the bridge was located in the series)

starfleethq2.jpg
    WOW!!!!! Great stuff. This project is going to be awesome. Great Starfleet command. It could use a bit more detail in the grass, maybe some bushes. The tress could use a bit more detail as you've said.
    WOW!!!!! Great stuff. This project is going to be awesome. Great Starfleet command. It could use a bit more detail in the grass, maybe some bushes. The tress could use a bit more detail as you've said.

Thanks :D I'm doing my best to make the 3D stuff as good as it's possible (I could always do better but who would like to wait 4 hours for one shot to render ? :flippy:).
    Don't worry about the details yet - everything will be cleaned/refined at least once before going into the show. However, I honestly have no idea how we're going to handle grass ... it's too small to render as polygonal objects (due to ink overlapping) so the only way to do it is to do a texture . Guess I will have to do a few tests and debate over that with Pheon :D
    I should have clarified myself. I didn't mean more detailed grass. Just more details in the grass. Like bushes or other walkways that lead to fountains or sitting areas. Not tons of stuff, just a few little bits to fill in the huge open green spaces.
    It's placed right.
    You can actually even conclude it.
    Since buildings do not move at all and the building we saw in TMP is the Command, the building and the bridge are placed right, just a bit too far apart.
    I should have clarified myself. I didn't mean more detailed grass. Just more details in the grass. Like bushes or other walkways that lead to fountains or sitting areas. Not tons of stuff, just a few little bits to fill in the huge open green spaces.

Ah, ok then I will add that stuff later :) There are almost no bushes in the original scene but there will be lamps , a fountain and a nicer landing pad for sure.
    It's placed right.
    You can actually even conclude it.
    Since buildings do not move at all and the building we saw in TMP is the Command, the building and the bridge are placed right, just a bit too far apart.

Well now I did some research and I found new pics of the building and the bridge is on the other side :D I don't know where it was placed in the movie but everything here will be done as it was on Enterprise.
    Thanks for the feedback anyway :D
    Little update to the Starfleet grounds. I changed the colors a bit to match daylight and added that dome thing on the right part of the scene (it's probably an UFO from area 51)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/starfleethq3.jpg
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i like you trees.

may i sugest to reduce the opacity of the black strokes... to half of this maybe...
    You ask, you get :)
    Can i get a million dollars than? :D

Ill try and get you some screenshots of SFC
    Hey that new scene looks GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!
    L2K wrote: »
    i like you trees.

may i sugest to reduce the opacity of the black strokes... to half of this maybe...

Thanks.
    I know the lines are a bit too thick but I don't want to change them every time I render a bigger picture. Final shots won't be rendered in such high resolution so I don't even bother making the corrections. However, if we will be doing some poster/advertisements in hi-res then everything will be optimized.
    Can i ged dfscds nihfhsdk than? :D

Ill try and get you some screenshots of SFC

What ? I can't read the first question :rolleyes: Oh and I already have enough SFC pics but if you find anything rare, it would be nice.
    Hey that new scene looks GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Hehe thanks :D
    Sweet addition. Looks matching.
    Sweet addition. Looks matching.

Thanks. Luckily the cel-shaded effect makes things look similar so that you don't have to worry about proper lighting or textures :D

I would like to tell you that I'm still working on updates and I even did 5 concept ships (They will probably end up being background ships but I just wanted you to know :p) and some other small stuff for the environments but I started university now and I'm on a very slow wireless connection and I probably won't be able to post any bigger renders during the week.
    However, I will try to get at least 600 px wide images up and high-resolution pics on the weekend.
    I know it's not much but here's a new shot of the SFC grounds. I know it doesn't even look nice but right now I'm focusing more on the university and my personal 3D work. However, I will try to get at least a few minutes of work every day :) (I'm still learning new stuff and I hope that with a few more weeks of training I will be able to do stuff faster and in a smaller amount of time)

starfleethq5.jpg
    Sweet work.
    What are the two domes anyway?
    Could imagine the left one being the place were the Federation got founded (after all, all that we saw was a dome-like interior...)
    That's a nice shot.