Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    the planet doesnt look "cartoonish" enough. Everything else looks pretty kewl!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Isnt there meant to be a Earth/Romulan war at somepoint in the ENT era?
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Wow, impressive.

btw, what program are you using??

the planet doesnt look "cartoonish" enough. Everything else looks pretty kewl!

Yeah, I know it stands out a bit but I think it won't change much ... but we'll see :D
    Isnt there meant to be a Earth/Romulan war at somepoint in the ENT era?

Yes, and Pheon has already plans for it :)
    Extremely small updates.
    1.NX01 bridge, now with HD displays :)

bridge6.jpg

2.Klingon Station, now with ... uh ... more details :p

outpost8.jpg

Next few days will be even more busy for me so I think that Pheon will have to take over :D
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Those look great!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    3DS?
    Now the hell do you make it that cartoonish?

I'm lloking forward for the ideas you have.
    bbzwbbzw wrote: »
    Those look great!

Thank you very much :)
    3DS?
    Now the hell do you make it that cartoonish?

I'm lloking forward for the ideas you have.

I just apply a material named "Ink n' paint" :p It has specific shading and ink (outline, underline) options which make it look cartoonish :)

When it comes to ideas, the beginnings may be typical Enterprise (well, they'll be better :rolleyes:) but from what Pheon told me, it will get pretty wild later on. If we get enough people on the project it will probably be the most "varied" Trek series ever.
    I'm responsible for most of the 3D stuff and I can say that it won't be anything special if we get to see 5 totally fresh, fully-detailed locales and even a dozen of new ships in every episode :cool:
  • Marian87Marian87171 Posts: 0Member
    it would be really cool if people could submit all sorts of models for the show. i think it would be easier to maybe adapt models than make them from scratch.
    I saw the ENT episode where the Columbia is leaving space dock, They have those pulsating white pipes behind them on the main bridge.

That would become annoying really quick
    Marian87 wrote: »
    it would be really cool if people could submit all sorts of models for the show. i think it would be easier to maybe adapt models than make them from scratch.

To tell you the truth it would be a bit painful to adapt high-poly (or any poly-level) models to be usable. When I'm creating stuff from ground-up I can control the outlines (they can be a pain) and the poly count so that it can be used in the show. However, if anyone wants to, we will accept all help we can get. I will work with Pheon to make a progress list for his blog site.

We will post all the stuff we have done there , along with the list of models "to-do". Everyone can join, just contact Pheon :)
    I saw the ENT episode where the Columbia is leaving space dock, They have those pulsating white pipes behind them on the main bridge.

That would become annoying really quick

Oh yeah, there is no way I'm going to install that on the bridge :flippy: It would be a total pain because we would have to render the bridge as animation even for static shots ... and for longer sequences where we are using interiors, we will just use single-frame renders (because it would take too long to render about ... 6000 HD frames of the bridge alone ...)
    Well, how far is that project anyway already?

I presume you also need voice actors or something like that, aye?
    Well, how far is that project anyway already?

I presume you also need voice actors or something like that, aye?

Yes, we will need voice actors and such but we will start searching people for that after we get the first trailer done.

And about the progress, here's a list of what I've done so far :

Andorian Kumari
    1.100% Finished model (all geometry done)
    2.0% Finished textures (not started yet)

Earth DY-100 Ship

Klingon Bird of Prey
    2.100% Finished textures (all textures done)

Klingon D5

Klingon Freighter
    2.0% Finished textures (not started yet, must create from scratch)

Klingon High Council Grounds
    1.50% Finished model (main city grounds done, adding buildings and landscape details)
    2.10% Finished textures (most buildings don't need textures, undertain about the background texture)

Klingon Shuttle
    1.100% Finished model (all main geometry done)
    2.0% Finished textures (not started yet but uncertain if it will need textures as it will be a background ship)

Klingon Small Bird of Prey
    2. 100% Finished textures (all textures done)

Klingon Science Station
    1.70% Finished model (all main geometry done, adding small details)

Klingon Station
    1.90% Finished model (all main geometry done, adding small details)

NX 01
    1.100% Finished model (Small details will be added when needed for close-up scenes)
    2.100% finished texturing. (all textures done)

NX Class Armory
    1.40% Finished model (center console , spatial and photonic launchers made but needs a lot of other models)

NX Class Bridge
    1.30% Finished model (main stations done, needs a lot of details and ceiling)
    NX Class Phaser Turret
    2.100% Finished textures (textured with materials but should be ok)

NX Class Shuttle
    2.100% Finished textures (some little tweaks may be needed)

NX Class Spatial Torpedo

Romulan Bird of Prey
    1.70% Finished model (main geomtery done, needs tweaking and details)

San Francisco Golden Gate Area
    1.30% Finished model (bridge done, adding geographical elements and other background models)

San Francisco Tram
    Working in any cool transporter effects yet :P
    Working in any cool transporter effects yet :P

That's Pheon's task :p But I guess it won't be anything special :D
  • PheonPheon0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, we will need voice actors and such but we will start searching people for that after we get the first trailer done.

On the contrary auditons for the main characters are open and have being for a while now. Anyone interested can download the audition material here.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Well, I suck at alien designs, but if you guys would need some new Federation designs down the road give me a ring. While I might not be able to model them a lot, Ican help you out in the concept stages :)
    wow. I'm looking forward for the High Council.....

Qapla'
    wow. I'm looking forward for the High Council.....

Qapla'

It will be here soon :D Right now I'm stuck at coming up with a good way to make the background (I will probably go with a 2D painting for that).
    You can check out some earlier builds of the High Council Grounds here

YouTube - Test Animations
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/adam145/grafika/concil7-1.jpg
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Well, I suck at alien designs, but if you guys would need some new Federation designs down the road give me a ring. While I might not be able to model them a lot, Ican help you out in the concept stages :)

Ok then I will talk to Pheon and see if there's something we can find for you :)

And for the general updates ... Sorry for the lack of updates but I just didn't had time to do anything. Here is a short animation with some of the ships we're going to use in the first episode :

YouTube - Video 1

(better when watched in HQ)

Thanks for the support people :thumb:
    Sweet vid!
    Sweet vid!

Thanks :) It's just an "alpha" version of what I'm going to do on sunday; I will render all of the models and maybe add some music.
    Thanks :) It's just an "alpha" version of what I'm going to do on sunday; I will render all of the models and maybe add some music.

Don't forgot to add the ENT theme tune :P

But smooth and clean animations, i am really looking forward to full fledged clip, however short!
    Don't forgot to add the ENT theme tune :P

But smooth and clean animations, i am really looking forward to full fledged clip, however short!

That will have to wait :p For now I will focus on getting the models finished. Once everything's in its right place I can dish out new animations every day :D
    Sorry everyone for the lack of updates. I'm so busy right now I hardly have time for anything (I go to work and due to the beautiful road communication in the USA I'm out of home for about 12 hours every day ...). I haven't done anything new but I decided to finish something I started a while ago. It's a page for the "enterprise encyclopedia" we'll be doing with Pheon one time down the road ...

boptech.png

It's really primitive but it's better than nothing :p
    Its pretty cool, me likes! Btw, where r u in USA with all this "communication"? :shiner:
    Its pretty cool, me likes! Btw, where r u in USA with all this "communication"? :shiner:

When it comes to location I'm in California , Los Angeles ... The only good thing about it is that I'm not coming here anymore :lol: I'm staying in Poland for the rest of my life and I'm not going anywhere beyond Europe :devil:
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    somercruz, are you going to include the D-4 design that Robert Bonchune made for "Unexpected"? the D-7 prequel ship?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Nadesico wrote: »
    somercruz, are you going to include the D-4 design that Robert Bonchune made for "Unexpected"? the D-7 prequel ship?

I know I am going to do one model just for fun but if it's going to be included in the show, I don't know. I may sneak it into the background somewhere but it will be Pheon's decision whether the ship will make it officially into "Season 5".
  • PheonPheon0 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »

I don't think so. In my judgement, the design resembles the D-7 too much to fit before the D-5 in design terms. This would make it the D-6 in my personal canon, and I think it's too early to see a new addition in this class yet.

But the fact is after this initial story, the Klingons will be left largely alone, and the opportunities for an appearance for any new classes after this probably won't occur.

Although, I am considering including a variant of a newer model D-5, which may include some elements more familiar to D-6/D-7. Something of a prototype which shall lead to these future designs. It's just a matter of finding a place for it in the story.
  • captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
    I think there is a possibility that the D-4 will be used as the D-7 in ST XI. I saw that it will be used in the upcoming Ships of the Line calendar as part of the Kobyashi Maru.
    I think there is a possibility that the D-4 will be used as the D-7 in ST XI. I saw that it will be used in the upcoming Ships of the Line calendar as part of the Kobyashi Maru.

Well that lowers the chances of the ship showing up even more :D And as Pheon said, we would try to do something in between the D5 and D7.

Ok now how long has it been since I made anything NEW for the series ? I hope the summer's end will come sooner because the job I have right now is killing me ! Well not the job but the time it's consuming ... Anyway, here's an updated NX Bridge :

bridge7.jpg
    bridge8.jpg
    bridge9.jpg

Small details aside, I did the console in the rear, ceiling and front display. Nothing big but when you divide the time I have for 4 projects ... it looks like I don't have time for either one of them :lol:

Oh and please forgive me the crazy shadows but I'm using my old light setup which was set at a higher altitude and wasn't prepared for ceiling.