Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks damn realisting.

Hey wait!
    What do I see there....

zooms in

Dude.... too realistic.

zooms back, holding a hair in the hand

Me tricorder says, it's from a dog.
    Didn't know Portos was allowed at the bridge....
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Looks damn realisting.

Hey wait!
    What do I see there....

zooms in

Dude.... too realistic.

zooms back, holding a hair in the hand

Me tricorder says, it's from a dog.
    Didn't know Portos was allowed at the bridge....

Wait ... I found a hair on my screen too :lol: I'm serious - but it was when I was working on the bridge :D
    I think I will need to clean my laptop ...
    Anyway, I'm preparing a new demo reel for the first episode. I know it was supposed to be ready a week ago but I didn't know I will have so much interferance ...
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    well, post it already! we dont have all day!! :D
    Nice work, adam. keep it up!
  • LCARS 24LCARS 240 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a viable project. Great work so far, guys.
    well, post it already! we dont have all day!! :D
    Nice work, adam. keep it up!

You don't even know how much I would like to post it ... if I'm not working then I'm probably out or ... sleeping. I did 3 new shots for the animation today; so far I have:
    -NX01 model (just spinning in place)
    -BoP model
    -smallBop model
    -D5 model
    -Kumari model
    -Romulan BoP model
    -Klingon Transport model
    -Klingon Station model (two different models actually)
    -NX01 Shuttlepod
    -NX facing off two BoPs
    -NX firing torpedos at D5
    -Klingon High Council Grounds (image)
    -NX01 Bridge (images)
    -NX01 Armory (images)
    -DY class model
    -San Francisco Tram model
    -NX flying at "standby"
    -Two BoPs flying at Warp

If it will be enough to make a music video then everyone should get ready for a vid :D
    LCARS 24 wrote: »
    Looks like a viable project. Great work so far, guys.

• ernieballesp06ernieballesp060 Posts: 0Member
    I would like to get the reference image you guys are using for these models. The orthographic veiws and any 3/4 veiws or close up you have would be nice. I found the polar lights orthos wich are nice and really high res, but if you 3d model you know they are not scaled to each other. i corrected them in photoshop my best, but they are still a little off. I would like to get some really nice high res orthos of the NX-01 and the bird of prey. I am modeling them in really high res, and useing Zbrush to detail. Hopefully i will have time to work on it alot. Any pics you have would be greatly appretiated
  • count23count23366 Posts: 784Member
    The NX01, Intrepid and Warp Delta were released as ortho renders of the actual studio models some time ago by rob bonchune, you'll probably find them anywhere online if you use google image search for those particular model names.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    I tried looking for rob bonchune, found one site called hobbytalk, but i could not find the orthos ANYWHERE. I found one of the half saucer but not of the NX-01. His username is nx01rob, but i found no pictures.
    You can check out my photobucket album. I uploaded all of the reference images I have (except for the NX01 and Half-Saucer)

adam145/grafika - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you want the NX01 images, just search for the really big images on google.
    When it comes to the other models I use stuff like this :

augments-screen.jpg

I would like to see your BoP Justin :D I was planning to do a high-res BoP but I cancelled the project (However, I still have high-poly Half-Saucer, Warp Delta, Conestoga, Raptor and Surak so if you want any of them, I can send you the meshes)
    I have not started on modeling the BoP yet, but i have a few orthos. I found a reference pack that has some high res NX-01 orthos, but they are not scaled to each other which sucks, because i am barely profitient in Photoshop. It is not my strong suit. I resized them the best i could but they are still a little off. Everywhere i look says that rob bochune released orthos, yet i can not find them anywhere.

I would like the high poly half saucer, and the Warp delta. If you use 3ds max, i would appretate it if you would send the meshes in an .OBJ because i use maya and XSI in conjuction with each other. I plan on making medium res poly meshes and then useing Zbrush to detail. Then i can apply normal, bump, and cavity maps to give it te high res feel. This way the meshes will work in video games.

I have been 3d modeling for a while, but i am still learning that is the main reason i am doing this is for a learning experience, but if my work can be used for something all the better.

I would appretiate anything you have to help.

Ill put up what images i have of the BoP, i wasent really looking of them i just ran across them looking for the NX-01 orthos. My email is [email protected], or [email][email protected]
    Here are images that i have. (took 4 days searching the web to find these)

boptech.jpg[/IMG]

Well i thought i had more, i think they are on my other computer. I will post them as i find them, if you want my resized NX-01 high res orthos let me know. They arnt perfect though.[/email]
    Heres the link of the orthos of the NX-01 i found They are beautifull images, and very high res. The only poblem is they are not scaled to each other so it is kind of hard to use them as image planes in a 3d modeler if you know what i mean. I do have some resized ones i can upload but they are not quite perfect

NX Class
    You'd be surprised where these images end up coming from :rolleyes:
    ....It's a page for the "enterprise encyclopedia" we'll be doing with Pheon one time down the road ...

boptech.png

It's really primitive but it's better than nothing :p
    Hmmm yeah it must be some kind of a mistake :D
    Anyway, Justin, I will send you the meshes tomorrow.

And here's something I promised to do a week ago. The demo reel for Season 5 :D You have probably seen most of the stuff but now it's all in one place. (please watch it in higer quality :D)

YouTube - Star Trek Enterprise Season 5 Demo Reel
    oops didnt notice that.

I have two more of the bird of prey, and i have the orthos for the D4 as well. The others i think are on my other computer i will get them and post them tomorrow, i am at a friends house right now all i have is my notebook.

Anyhow The ortho for the D4 is really good. I worked on my model of the enterprise, and it acualy looks like the ship now only half tho ill mirror copy later on.

Edit: I got to looking around on this laptop, and i found the D4 ortho

Color

D-4-ortho.jpg

And Black and white

D4.jpg

I hope you do not allready have these that way i have contributed some biggrin.gif

Peace guys

Happy modeling
    This is funny, i found 2 more on this computer, and i still think i have some others on my desktop.

Heres these

BoP Schematic

bop-diagrams.jpg

BoP Top And Front Ortho

bop-top-front.jpg

Hope these help
    sweet demo, now make a trailer! :thumb:
    (...)

Hope these help

Yup the D4 orthos are really good. Thanks :) The BoP is from the old series so I don't need it but I appreciate your help.
    sweet demo, now make a trailer! :thumb:

Thanks. Now that I have most of the stuff ready it shouldn't take long. Maybe next week :p
    Thanks. Now that I have most of the stuff ready it shouldn't take long. Maybe next week :p

You said that last week!! :lol: j/k
    You said that last week!! :lol: j/k

Ok then ... I will do that two weeks later :lol: (j/k too :D)

Oh and I just noticed ... the NX01 is missing windows and docking hatch !!!!!! :o
    I better go fix that !
    Hey this might be a dumb question, but how can you tell that those BoP orthos are the wrong ones? They look like the BoP from Ent wich is what i want to model. I dont know about you guys but i think all the ship from enterprise look better then most from the other star treks. The NX-01 deffinitely looks better then the other enterprises.

I havent been watching star trek for very long so im not very good at identifying the different ships, i just want them to model ya know.
    Hey this might be a dumb question, but how can you tell that those BoP orthos are the wrong ones? They look like the BoP from Ent wich is what i want to model. I dont know about you guys but i think all the ship from enterprise look better then most from the other star treks. The NX-01 deffinitely looks better then the other enterprises.

I havent been watching star trek for very long so im not very good at identifying the different ships, i just want them to model ya know.
    [Darth Vader]Do not underestimate the power of the force![/Darth Vader] :D Adam is an expert on NX-01 era ships, having spent the last year or so building models to be used in their animated "Enterprise Season Five"
    Makes sense, i can tell the difference between some of the ships, but not all. My NX-01 High res model is comin along but slowly. hopefully i can get it to a decent Screen shot place and post it up for some constructive critisism.

Well then it's not the BoP from Enterprise :D It's really the old one.
    And when it comes to the ships, I agree that the ships are better than the older ones but it mostly comes down to the CGI technology we have now. (However, I really like all of the designs from Enterprise personally)
    [Darth Vader]Do not underestimate the power of the force![/Darth Vader] :D Adam is an expert on NX-01 era ships, having spent the last year or so building models to be used in their animated "Enterprise Season Five"

Expert ? :lol: I know Enterprise for less than a year and I began "working" for Pheon about 2 months ago :D
    Makes sense, i can tell the difference between some of the ships, but not all. My NX-01 High res model is comin along but slowly. hopefully i can get it to a decent Screen shot place and post it up for some constructive critisism.

Ooops sorry, didn't notice your new post :D
    The ships are similar because they're meant to be of the same class so if you don't know them really well it can be hard to tell a difference from ships of other eras (like it's easy to confuse the Akira and NX :p)
    whatever :D
    Sorry everyone for not posting for such a long time but I decided to take a week "off" because work takes away about 70% of my "not sleeping" time and it would be hard to work on 3 projects at once. However, starting from now , I'm returning to work on more models for your favourite tv show (:D :flippy:)

I got a new task of creating some Klingon interiors but I will have to talk with Pheon before I can start it because I don't have any good reference material for "that thing".

However, that didn't stop me from making a bridge for the small bird of prey. It's pretty early in development but it turned out better than I expected (you don't want to know how quick it was made) . What do you think ?

bridge1-1.jpg
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Looks cool!!
    Starship wrote: »
    Looks cool!!

Thank you :) More to come soon !
    Another update. Added some details and changed the ceiling.

bridge2-1.jpg
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Yahee update time :p