Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Will the animated segments of ships in space look and feel pretty much like the space sequences in Futurama?

From the feel of the tests that I've done, they will be more like the stuff from Enterprise. There are way too many details to make it feel like Futurama - as far as I remember, the ships in that show were pretty basic and looked a bit "awkward" when flying. We want to make Season 5 feel like the real Enterprise, but with cel-shading and a bit more dynamic (like the battle sequences from Voyager's "Equinox" and Ent's "Twilight")

I'm surprised this hasnt been headered- its great work!

Thanks :) I think it's still not good enough for a header. Maybe once I finish all the Klingon stuff :D
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Finally I saw the anim. My home PC can open it. :D Looks fine! Well executed. :)
    IA’m anxiouslly waiting to see the first episode complete.

YouA’re doing a fine work!
    Starship wrote: »
    Finally I saw the anim. My home PC can open it. :D Looks fine! Well executed. :)
    IA’m anxiouslly waiting to see the first episode complete.

YouA’re doing a fine work!

Thanks :) I'm already working on new animations and this time I will use mpeg4 codec or something that everyone will be able to open.
    The animation, however, is way simpler than what I want to achieve. You've seen now only 2 photons fired ... in the final version there would probably be at least 3 photons flying around, 2 rounds of phasers and a few extra fires from disruptor cannon :p
    Today I will have to do some drawings, extra parts for my Lambda shuttle and maybe some updates for Season 5's models so I don't know if the animation will be ready today but I'll do my best.
    Some updates after a long time of silence :)
    It's middle of the summer now so I don't have much free time ... (hmmm wait, something's wrong with that, guess it should be the other way around) ...
    Anyway, I spend most of my time doing stuff away from my home (or somewhere near it) so in spare moments I draw and try to chill out. Here are 3 small side effects of those moments :D
    (I would like to note that we discussed the fate of those models with Pheon and right now all of them are in "reserve", and will probably be salvaged for parts or rebuilt)

1. A small cruiser. It was supposed to be a small earth vessel for transporting people and small cargo

cruiser3-1.jpg
    cruiser2-1.jpg

2."H-class" ECS ship. Very similar to the J class but slightly faster and with bigger crew.

transport3-1.jpg
    transport2-1.jpg

3.Something that's supposed to be new Earth defence/patrol ship

deltanew3.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, I like it.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Nice work, I like it.

Thank you very much. I know it's not the best I can do but it will all be quality work, I promise :)
  • NBTrekieNBTrekie331 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I found an old ent-design done by Irishman on my harddrive, maybe it's something for you guys:

pointershadedfinal.gif

Years ago I tried myself on this little fella, it's a quick and easy build, but I have to admit, I never finished it myself:p
    54768.gif
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    At this point in the timeline, does Starfleet have any ships that are bigger in size than the NX? like cargo ships or something?
    NBTrekie wrote: »
    Well, I found an old ent-design done by Irishman on my harddrive, maybe it's something for you guys:

Years ago I tried myself on this little fella, it's a quick and easy build, but I have to admit, I never finished it myself:p

Thanks for the image but I don't know if Pheon will even want to take time to get the permission for ships that are already created by other peope. We will probably use models based on the show and design new ones specifically for each episode.
    At this point in the timeline, does Starfleet have any ships that are bigger in size than the NX? like cargo ships or something?

As far as I know Starfleet didn't have anything bigger than the NX but Earth Cargo Services had :D The Y class for example was 280 meters long (the NX was 225 m)
    Hey there everyone, I attached an animation which was composed in Windows Movie Maker :rolleyes: The test video has has some phaser fire (without glow on one end) , disruptors (which are too fat), photon torpedos (which are too small in the second shot ...) , and battle damage (the whole shot was made in 15 minutes so it's as bad is it gets) ... on top of that the sense of speed is way lower than it was meant to be. Hopefully you'll see past those shortcomings and see ... well, a teaser for what the battle scenes will look like.
    C&C is welcome but I don't think you have enough bad words to criticise the vid ...
  • TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    not to shabby really, I have seen a lot worse.
    not to shabby really, I have seen a lot worse.

Thanks :) I promise that the next animations will be better than some of the "better than the worst" :p
    That is pretty amazing, I think for a first (second) animation attempt at cel shaded Trek, it is pretty good :)

Spot on Sir, can't wait to see more.

Must be pretty quick to render out though?
    That is pretty amazing, I think for a first (second) animation attempt at cel shaded Trek, it is pretty good :)

Spot on Sir, can't wait to see more.

Must be pretty quick to render out though?

Thanks :) When it comes to my work, it's the first attempt at animating cel-shaded objects so it will only get better from now on.
    And yes, the render times are pretty low, at least for now on. I'm trying to keep everything simple enough so that each of the scenes takes just a few minutes. The final shots, however, will be more complex and have a lot more going on.
    It's a really good start. Just some sounds and it could be seen as a rough render. ;)

Very good. :thumb:
    Aresius wrote: »
    It's a really good start. Just some sounds and it could be seen as a rough render. ;)

Very good. :thumb:

Thanks :) Pheon wants to use it in the trailer so I will redo some parts and it will be ready. However, I don't have any sound samples... hopefully Pheon has some. (but if anyone knows some good sound samples, I would be really grateful)

Here's a little update on the Klingon Freighter, mainly the cargo bay and a docking port :

ktransport23.jpg
    ktransport24.jpg
    ktransport25.jpg

And beginnings of the bridge :

bridge2.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Now were getting somewhere :D still waiting on that Golden Gate Bridge wallpaper :shiner:
    Now were getting somewhere :D still waiting on that Golden Gate Bridge wallpaper :shiner:

Yup it's definately going forward now :D
    GGB will be ready soon ... I'm testing warp field integrity for it right now :rolleyes:

Oh and a little update for the bridge :

bridge3.jpg
    Doesnt that seriously remind you of Voyagers bridge (layout-wise), just a bit? Its a good job, coming along nicely :thumb:
    Doesnt that seriously remind you of Voyagers bridge (layout-wise), just a bit? Its a good job, coming along nicely :thumb:

Yeah, now that I checked the schematics (honestly I didn't watch more than 4 Voyager episodes so I couldn't really tell :p), the layout of the stations is very similar. Aside from the second chair, next to the captain's, there are very little differences.
    I just came back home from a little "trip" so I will try to spare a few moments and add some parts to the bridge
  • CandvaCandva0 Posts: 0Member
    I haven't gone back through the posts so I'm not sure is anybody has said that this is awesome!:-)
    Candva wrote: »
    I haven't gone back through the posts so I'm not sure is anybody has said that this is awesome!:-)

Nope, no one's said that before :D

^runs :runs:
    Well, everyone could just post here telling that it's awesome but it's like someone got onto the 2D forums and started posting "this is 2D work !" ... it's too obvious :rolleyes:
    But seriously, thanks for the comment :D
    I was out of town yesterday so I had about 30 minutes of free time at night to do some 3D ... here's an updated bridge

bridge5.jpg
    In the last episode of Enterprise which is set, what 20yrs into the future, was there any major differences or alterations made to the bridge?

With this being Season 5, you could take a few liberties and start adding some new equipment here and there?
    In the last episode of Enterprise which is set, what 20yrs into the future, was there any major differences or alterations made to the bridge?

With this being Season 5, you could take a few liberties and start adding some new equipment here and there?

Yes there were some changes but mainly it was some stuff from Columbia and new graphics on screens ...

http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x22/thesearethevoyages001.jpg
    http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x22/thesearethevoyages005.jpg

So I think we will stay with the bridge from the show.
    However, changes will be made to the other parts of the ship such as the armory.
    Will we be getting to see Shields maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The events of These Are the Voyages (the last episode of ENT) was set six years into the future, so shields might not be plausible yet...
    Will we be getting to see Shields maybe?
    Darkstone wrote: »
    The events of These Are the Voyages (the last episode of ENT) was set six years into the future, so shields might not be plausible yet...

Yeah, I just don't believe that Starfleet got that technology down in 6 years time ... however, when it comes to other ships, there will be shields , but not the way they were in other Trek shows. We're going to stick to the "ship-clad" shields from Ent :
    http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/4x16/divergence_399.jpg
    Another lazy day. Sorry everyone :p However, I started doing another Klingon station (this one will have actual role in the episode) :

outpost7.jpg

And I did a "promo" image. I want to make a few of those for each episode, add some quotes on each of the images and use them as "teasers" or "previews" ...

promo1.jpg
    Wow, impressive.

btw, what program are you using??