Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Season Five A– NX A‘Toon

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I'm so digging that engineering! It's amazingly cool, though at first glance I thought the injector thingy would be able to pivot away. The I realised that the booms weren't struts for the injector but lamps :D
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    I'm so digging that engineering! It's amazingly cool, though at first glance I thought the injector thingy would be able to pivot away. The I realised that the booms weren't struts for the injector but lamps :D

Oh no, unfortunately nothing's moveable in the engineering :D If anything pivots or rotates then it means it's broken :lol:

By the way, I think I forgot to post an image that I made a while ago.

Screen stretch but who cares - it looks nice :p

bridge60.jpg
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Yeah, that looks very nice ^_^
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I see a misaligned bit there, I'm afraid you have to do it all over again.... s015.gif
    Nice work, man.
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Yeah, that looks very nice ^_^

Aresius wrote: »
    I see a misaligned bit there, I'm afraid you have to do it all over again.... s015.gif
    Nice work, man.

Haha yeah you know how to annoy people :p Thank Aresius.
    More updates coming today, probably more bridge stuff.
    Bridge is coming to a close :D Blank screens will be fixed as soon as I do them ... or force Flanker to do so :devil:

bridge63.jpg
    Ok Flanker is offline so here are some displays. For the table (the way it was suppsoed to be originally) :

bridge64.jpg

And screens :

bridge65.jpg
  • dougkeenandougkeenan171 Posts: 0Member
    Magnificent!
    dougkeenan wrote: »
    Magnificent!

I didn't have a lot of free time today but I decided to make some small updates to the Orion ship. There are a lot of curved areas so for now many parts will have some weird "jumps" at crossing sections but that will be fixed soon (as seen in the last pic in which I started to clean up the bow/bridge area)

orion5.jpg
    orion6.jpg
    orion7.jpg
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Magnificent!!!!
    That quite much sums it up. :thumb:

Personally I'd say drop the fin between the engines, that's no aquarian-race ship. The fin makes it look like one.
    Starship wrote: »
    Magnificent!!!!

Thank you :D
    That quite much sums it up. :thumb:

Personally I'd say drop the fin between the engines, that's no aquarian-race ship. The fin makes it look like one.

Thanks Aresius, the fin wasn't even in the initial design so I'll take a look at it :D
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    The Orion ship looks cool & the Enterprise's bridge is outstanding:thumb:
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    The Orion ship looks cool & the Enterprise's bridge is outstanding:thumb:

Thanks :D I'll do my best to ensure that the show has some eye candy :p
    Back to the project, I was unable to access my computer for the past 3 days so I got back on track today morning. I decided to finish the Y-class' bridge ... so here it is !

Huge thanks to Flanker for doing screen displays for me !

ybridge5.jpg
    ybridge6.jpg

[edit]

It seems that an older version of image has been uploaded as the first pic so please reload the page to see the new file. Thank you for your cooperation :D
    And one more pic until I go to sleep... or even until monday because it's getting too hot to sit at home and do modelling :D

ybridge7.jpg
  • D.M.J.D.M.J.0 Posts: 0Member
    It's amazing how well Enterprise era Earth tech translates in a toon shader. This project comes on in leaps and bounds every time I take a look at it.
    D.M.J. wrote: »
    It's amazing how well Enterprise era Earth tech translates in a toon shader. This project comes on in leaps and bounds every time I take a look at it.

I think that it has something to do with the era being very hard on the shapes, materials and lighting. TNG+ interiors (and ships too) have a lot of smooth lines and are lit by non-directional lights (which give soft shadows) which would make the models seem very simple and unatractive if rendered with cartoon materials.
    Oh and glad you like the project - there will surely be much more to come !
    Nice work. Though I find the pink a bit too intense.
    Nice work. Though I find the pink a bit too intense.

Well the pink was made on purpouse :D The show always felt a bit washed-out to me so I decided to make the colors more saturated than they originally were.
    Pheon didn't have any objections about it so I think you will have to live with it :D (well when Pheon is online I will ask him about it and then he will decide what to do)
    I really like what you've done with the bridge of the Y-class, great work mate:thumb:
    I really like what you've done with the bridge of the Y-class, great work mate:thumb:

Thanks !
    I don't have any updates as for today but I decided to make a simple sample of the shots to come. It's the old set of Starfleet HQ area with a few new buildings and, most importantly, people ! :D Tell me what you think !

Oh and the set is absolutely not final because there are a lot of errors on the Starfleet buildings (sorry, the set was built a few months ago and I used to skip a lot of details) and the "city" in the background is out of scale and details at moments.

attachment.php?attachmentid=70116&stc=1&d=1246268219
    70116.jpg
  • StarshipStarship476 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,985Member
    Great work Adam, as always!
    wow, nice.
    I like that!
    Starship wrote: »
    Great work Adam, as always!
    wow, nice.
    I like that!

Thanks guys :thumb:
    I can see my house:lol:

I really like what you've done:thumb:
    I can see my house:lol:

I really like what you've done:thumb:

Thanks :D As far as I remember that's what the Klingon said to the Xyryllian when he showed him their holographic view of the Quonos :D

When it comes to updates I'm currently in a middle of tons of other stuff (trying to get onto a team for university project, getting ready for trip to the US, looking for a new laptop and a way to fix my old MacBook ... ) so things will be slower for a few days. Anyway I have some renders with some vfx and current progress on Orion attack ship's textures

orion8.jpg
    orion9.jpg

outpostpod3.jpg
    render2.jpg
    render3.jpg
    It still has this "senseless" central fin....

Is the deflector willingly not golden?

Nice work, though.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    brilliant!
    ive sent you a PM if you could reply with good news would be a big help lol!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    Adam, nice job there, especially with that second picture, but you missed a couple pixels. :D i think u should start over :devil:
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    wonderful!!!!! :D