Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
edited January 2013 in Work in Progress #1
well it's time for me to post this here, I started this a long time ago, many of the renders you'll see here are between 1 and 2 years old, all my renders were uploaded to a site which was on aceman's server so I lost them, I've got a limit of 5 uploads at the moment so I'll do another post with the rest

most of the images in this post should be pretty self explanitory, there's one of the deflector and the details you see in first contact, one with a fully modelled lifeboat (it's 100% complete now but there are some details missing in that render, it's the best I could dig up) there's one with the nacelle details close up, one with most of the models in the display cabinet (there are a few more that I completed later) and one with the baked illumination for the observation lounge, the illumination map has been updated since that render, LWs image baker was crap back then so I spent 21 hours rendering out one that wasn't grainy

more to come...
92004.png
Post edited by IRML on
Tagged:

• JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Yikes. You even modeled the models inside the model. How very meta!

You just know you're going to get someone asking you to do a tutorial on this one...
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    That's awesome. However, the specular maps on the nacelle seem a bit too much.
  • Unimatrix01Unimatrix010 Posts: 0Member
    Nice.... Cant wait to see more!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    PixelMagic wrote:
    That's awesome. However, the specular maps on the nacelle seem a bit too much.
    well they were like 2 years ago, remember I lost all the recent renders and there's not much chance I'll get them back, so the model has changed a lot since
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    well I can't really comment on the accuracy but the modeling and renders look beautiful! amazing job mate!!! well done!

cheers!
    Jeff
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    As always, simply awesome... top-notch detail work!
    alright here's the next lot of images, one with the latest render of the saucer that I can find but even that one is a couple of months old, still a big thanks to REL777 for digging that one up for me, there's a proper render of the observation lounge, a detail shot of the torpedo launcher on the saucer, a render of the finished lifeboat with all the details and textures in place, and a full render of the ship so you can get an idea of it, but that's quite an old one too

anyway just to point out any errors you might see in these renders will be fixed now because they are still quite old, also I did have a render of the lounge with some display textures on the screens, but you can probably guess I lost that one
  • agelshaxeagelshaxe331 Posts: 0Member
    Everywhere I look there is nothing but awesomeness!
    here's the final set of attachments for now, one very old one just to show you the stencil details on the saucer panels, which didn't show up on the render in the last post, and another is an animation of the gasses in the bussards, for this I used procedural textures and surface thickness gradients, then some point lights and sub surface scattering, I think it gives a pretty good effect of 3D gass in there

hopefully the next time I post a render it'll be an up-to-date one
  • CDEMASTERCDEMASTER0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks fantastic. Can you model the bathroom???:D

It's the only interior that you never see. What's the poly count on that thing?

CDEMASTER
    the observation lounge is about 40000 faces, most of that is the chairs and the little ship models, the rest of the ship is about 450000 so far, the lifeboats are about 9000 each, which will be a lot when you consider there's 180 on the whole ship
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    looks very very very very sweeeeeeet
  • MichaelSMichaelS0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding! This one's a beauty already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    looking might, mighty fine ;)
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    That buzzard test was awesome. So, do you plan on finishing this ship?
    PixelMagic wrote:
    That buzzard test was awesome. So, do you plan on finishing this ship?
    nope, I plan on leaving it half done :p
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    There is no way i could have missed this for two years. You've been hiding this from us. Admit it! Seriously, I really had no idea you were building this. last thing I saw from you was the Voyager. Nice work man.
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    ahh so you finally decided to post this. Looks fantastic as always Dave. :)
  • Enterprise-EEnterprise-E0 Posts: 0Member
    Yay, IRML is making the Enterprise-E

detail me well... :-)
  • SuperrobsterSuperrobster0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, this is amazing! I can't wait to see more updates.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Looks like it's time to fire up the IDC. With the emphasis on the "I" part.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    fanboymode= OMG THAT'S AMAZING

Seriously, this is the kind of insanely detailed model I'd make if I actually knew my Y axis from my elbow.
  • Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    OH MY GOD!!! WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE. This is beyong Amazing work.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    wow.

Nothing short of pure amazement
  • REL777REL7770 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely gorgeous! Best ship there is.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Aaaah finally she puts in an appearance here. Well you know what I think, it's a load of rubbish. Really, it is. I mean, you're out by at least a millimetre all over the place! Really quite shoddy.

Then again, I could be joking. So it's actually not too bad.
  • MeshfanMeshfan0 Posts: 0Member
    IRML, you have got to be THE BEST modeler on Sci Fi Meshes. I pratically pissed in my shorts while looking at your models and renders! I can't believe you rendered the interior of the Enterprise E as well as the exterior!

I can't wait till you finish! Modeling and rendering does not get better than this.
  • Jonny BoyJonny Boy1 Posts: 0Member
    IRML, I am in awe. I hope that one day I might be able to at least try to imitate you. That is some outstanding work! I can't wait to see this finished.
  • MeshfanMeshfan0 Posts: 0Member
    IRML wrote:
    nope, I plan on leaving it half done :p

*falls off chair*

SERIOUSLY??!!

:eek: :eek:
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    internet sarcasm. gotta love it ;)