Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Samurai wrote:
    Explanation:

In no way is anything I have said an insult to any of our french browsers here- its just recalling a fairly funny mixup between me, a few members, and another Greg who was fairly persistent in his desire to have sex with Dave's Ent D- who happened to be french....

:shiner:

my apoligise. :(

(p.s: better keep the starship bits within small circles of friends.... :eek: ...)
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    lol - Greg's circle of friends..........:)
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Oh yeah- I hang around with a right bunch of oddball's online. ;)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    looks good, Ruined
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Samurai wrote:
    Oh yeah- I hang around with a right bunch of oddball's online. ;)

Probably best not to mention the 'Fox' then. ;)

M.
  • TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    mattc wrote:
    Probably best not to mention the 'Fox' then. ;)

M.

Bwahahahaha :D
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Samurai wrote:
    Explanation:

In no way is anything I have said an insult to any of our french browsers here- its just recalling a fairly funny mixup between me, a few members, and another Greg who was fairly persistent in his desire to have sex with Dave's Ent D- who happened to be french....

:shiner:
    I have never had any desire to have sexual relations with a machine....
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    you may be another Greg, but I'm pretty sure you're not French. :p

Matt: I was doing so well too..... :runs:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    IRML, I think what you've done is amazing to say the least. I have been toying around with modeling this ship in lightwave and have wonderful reference photos, but am having some difficulty and was wondering if you could give me a couple pointers. I've been using spline patch modeling and the results are less than desirable, especially in areas such as that I've outlined in your render. What is you process in terms of modeling a ship like this. And the model looks so seamless, I was wondering if all the polygons matched up in the corner areas?

Thank you
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I had a hard disk crash a few days ago so I can't show you any wireframes, but I don't use spline cages for my modelling, the saucer before any detailing was one whole piece done with subpatches
    Thanks so much. I knew there had to be a better way. But how do you get such uniformity and exactitude?
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh wow. I just found this thread and .. damn.

That is awesome.
  • AinurAinur1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks so much. I knew there had to be a better way. But how do you get such uniformity and exactitude?

Very Carefully ;)

IRML:

Most gorgeous Internet Sovereign I have ever seen. I am particularly fond of the way you render your WIP images, which doesnt have much to do with the model itself, but it amuses me sufficiently. :)
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    dhwoofter wrote:
    exactitude

Oh man we need to start a SFM Dictionary. That is an awesome word! :D
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    LOL, I just imagined Mr. T saying the word "exactitude". :thumb:
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    Mr. Wilde wrote:
    LOL, I just imagined Mr. T saying the word "exactitude". :thumb:
    Ah pity da foo!!!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    great work so far. can u please post more updates?
    IRML wrote: »
    I had a hard disk crash a few days ago
    when it's fixed I'll carry on
  • ShadowbladeShadowblade0 Posts: 0Member
    Do so! the detail is God like
  • tooie32tooie320 Posts: 7Member
    Hope ya will be able to finish her I have one thought I was wondering if you can change from making mesh detail on flat surfaces to textures for flat details only that way it will reduce the amount of poly count.

Carl
    don't think so, I would have to cut out a square to UV anyway unless I wanted one massive texture for all the decals, which would be a waste of memory, so this way I just have the polys cut into the hull which will ensure the details always stay sharp and won't eat into any texture memory
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Dave mate, when are we going to see something of those interiors eh?
  • tooie32tooie320 Posts: 7Member
    I was thinking more in the line of one detail per texture thats what I was thinking. But tstill that will be an idea for the registries only so other people can put in there own registry if ya planning to release it to us.

Other than that ya still do a great job its only the opinion of mine I am just worried about the registries only the registries once they are modded in there will be no way to change them.

The sovereign class is one of my fav I have been making interiors for it as well some of them.

Carl
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Release it to you? Bahahaha. Bahahahahahaha! Bahahahahahahahahahaha!
    JDR, get the additude in check, dont be an ass.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not a donkey-like animal at all!

Say...anyone smell donuts?
    heh, you know what I meant! :)
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Yes JD - don't be a donkey, bad for your health.

As for modelled registries - there are pro's and cons either way. I think in this case - that being the greatly increased quality of the registries and other labels - modelling them is the best way to go. Otherwise you would have to use a pointlessly large texture to come close to the quality of the others (and given the overall quality of the model, if you can't get up close and personal its the wrong choice)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    I just hope the finished model will get a chance to meet a certain Galaxy class. And I donA’t mean the SFA version. ;)
  • SprySpry0 Posts: 0Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    I just hope the finished model will get a chance to meet a certain Galaxy class. And I donA’t mean the SFA version. ;)

Why whichever version could you mean? :flippy: :p

I can't believe I missed this thread. Aweosme work mate!