Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Guys, the reason you will not find any mention of Necroposting in the forum TOS (Terms of Service) - Read: The Rules, is because the are not banned. Some people hate them, sure. But think about this:

You guys have now spent 11(!!) posts and an entire page bitching / complaining / discussing a single necro post instead of discussing the actual topic of the thread. Isn't THAT more stupid than the actual exsistance of the necro-post in the first place?

You get annoyed by necro-posting? Fine...Do one of two things:

1) Read the post. Get annoyed. Leave the thread. Simply leave it.

Or

2) Send the necro-poster a PM and talk to them about your dislike of the practise...You'll find that many 'offenders' won't even know they've done something that some of you consider 'wrong'. The result? No polluting of the thread with that crap and possibly one less necro-poster in the future.

Please don't go expecting the staff to be handing out heavy-handed warnings on this issue, because unless the other Admins feel very strongly that this issue should be treated with the same level of severity as abusive posts, mesh theft and personal attacks, it isn't going to happen.

The thread is yours, IRML. :)
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Don't stop now Mr T. You are doing good.
  • Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    Comco wrote:
    You guys have now spent 11(!!) posts and an entire page bitching / complaining / discussing a single necro post instead of discussing the actual topic of the thread.

Im not... :D

Still wondering about render time on this... And also what kind of output effects he is using.
  • T'rel KatarT'rel Katar0 Posts: 0Member
    wow amazing work, keep going with it. I can't wait to see it completed
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!: ............... buh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Awesome dude. I liked the details for the lifeboat. Always wanted to know what it looked like ever since I watched ST First Contact. When I first saw them in the movie it looked like a grand piano floating in space. Now I can finally see the lifeboat details.

Really cool!!
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    You know what would be really nice to see is the bridge area because I cannot find any blueprints for it anywhere and I wonder what the differences are between the first contact version and the nemesis version. If you do make the bridge area please don't include that cheapy looking thrustmaster joystick coming out of the floor from insurrection lol that was so lame when they did that.

Have you ever seen the million poly sovereign by paul trenkler? It was hosted here on scifi-meshes a while back and still floats around some other places. Of course he didn't model all the interior stuff like you did and so far what I've seen looks awesome:-)
  • Michael_TMichael_T0 Posts: 0Member
    Good grief!! If only we can build AMT models like yours...
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Tochiro76 wrote:
    Have you ever seen the million poly sovereign by paul trenkler? It was hosted here on scifi-meshes a while back and still floats around some other places. Of course he didn't model all the interior stuff like you did and so far what I've seen looks awesome:-)

Of course we've all seen it. And Dave is well aware of the inaccuracies and how far off it is (meaning no disrespect to paul, of course.)

M.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Countdown5 wrote:
    Still wondering about render time on this... And also what kind of output effects he is using.
    render time is like 30 minutes at 1280x1024 with radiosity and a ray traced distance light, I use LWs own glows for output effects at the moment, although I don't see why that's important because these are just WIP images

and no I'm not doing the bridge, I'm only doing interiors that can be seen from the outside, the bridge is completely covered
  • Countdown5Countdown5363 Posts: 72Member
    Thanks
  • DarkDefiantDarkDefiant0 Posts: 0Member
    IRML you are crazy genious its there a chance to share some of the awesome
    meshes??????????????????????????????????????????????
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    are you retarded or something?

this better be a joke
    IRML you are crazy genious its there a chance to share some of the awesome
    meshes??????????????????????????????????????????????

yeah. just gotta find the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, and a pristine copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special first ;)

truthfully: its up to IRML :)
    I do share my models, I'm just very selective about who I give them to, if you need to ask me for it then you probably aren't one of my selection, most of those who are getting the model should already know who they are
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    So, other than Jesus Christ Himself, who's on the list? j/k
    Mr. T ofcourse. ;)
    Starwars Xmas special in pristine condision... Thats a tough one. You know I think Gorge Lucas has had an active quest to distroy every single known copy of that program thats ever been made.

Though its likly that one is sitting in the LWT archives in london.
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    But only because of his great amount of pity for the fools...
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Jedilaw wrote:
    So, other than Jesus Christ Himself, who's on the list? j/k

Me, Mattc, ....and oh..no lawyers unforunaly..;)...specialy one who use Max...LOL...we are true Trek fans, so we use LW..;)
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    EEEEEEWWWW!!! dimlightwave sucks lol... annoying interface and cost a lot too.
    it certainly doesn't cost a lot, and for someone who has max listed as their primary app I think you should know better than that, or did you not pay for it?
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Nutsy wrote:
    Starwars Xmas special in pristine condision... Thats a tough one. You know I think Gorge Lucas has had an active quest to distroy every single known copy of that program thats ever been made.

Though its likly that one is sitting in the LWT archives in london.

He'll have to pay up big time if he wants my copy.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    IRML wrote:
    I do share my models, I'm just very selective about who I give them to, if you need to ask me for it then you probably aren't one of my selection, most of those who are getting the model should already know who they are

If I pretend to be french will I get a copy? ;)

/injoke :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    Samurai wrote:

LOL
    Samurai wrote:

pretend?!?! we all know you really are french greg lol :p
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    IRML wrote:
    pretend?!?! we all know you really are french greg lol :p
    Did you really have to use such an extreme insult? :D
    Samurai wrote:

yeah, just be careful of headbutts.....:D :flippy: [/ordinary folk joke]
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Explanation:

In no way is anything I have said an insult to any of our french browsers here- its just recalling a fairly funny mixup between me, a few members, and another Greg who was fairly persistent in his desire to have sex with Dave's Ent D- who happened to be french....

:shiner:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    lol wtf? thats some funny shit.