Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Other than that ya still do a great job its only the opinion of mine I am just worried about the registries only the registries once they are modded in there will be no way to change them.

Actually,if you are more than just an F9er it wouldn't be too hard to change. Of course, I hope Dave doesn't release this.
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    I actually agree, models like this should never be released to the general public, only a very select group that the artist has faith in. That way people do the model justice.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    I just hope the finished model will get a chance to meet a certain Galaxy class. And I donA’t mean the SFA version. ;)

of course ;)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    D4327 wrote: »
    I actually agree, models like this should never be released to the general public, only a very select group that the artist has faith in. That way people do the model justice.

I kinda agree with you, but its a shame that many people will not be able to use it. too bad there are so many a**holes who wont give credit where credit is due.
  • TripTrip0 Posts: 0Member
    Cant wait for new updates!!!!!:D Hurry give us something :p
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Trip wrote: »
    Cant wait for new updates!!!!!:D Hurry give us something :p

When he feels like it. . . .
    god I wish this place had a "sage" feature.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    Yes JD - don't be a donkey, bad for your health.

As for modelled registries - there are pro's and cons either way. I think in this case - that being the greatly increased quality of the registries and other labels - modelling them is the best way to go. Otherwise you would have to use a pointlessly large texture to come close to the quality of the others (and given the overall quality of the model, if you can't get up close and personal its the wrong choice)

while i agree with you i do have to say the way Dave has the registries set up on his E-D makes its extremely easy to switch out registries.

damn talk about waiting a long time for a reply huh martocticvs? lol:D
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    Dave, would you be willing to break from canon on one minor detail? Namely, the saucer registries and the lack of the "long dash" that both the 1701 refit and the E-D both have?

edDSC07363

Aside from the final result looking better, it would also better match the fact that nacelles have the long dashes, but the saucer itself didn't. That's just kweer.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Dave, would you be willing to break from canon on one minor detail? Namely, the saucer registries and the lack of the "long dash" that both the 1701 refit and the E-D both have?

edDSC07363

Aside from the final result looking better, it would also better match the fact that nacelles have the long dashes, but the saucer itself didn't. That's just kweer.

yeah those are great captures of the original models. Are there other references taken from the auction? I know just about all the studio models were up for bid
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Don't stop now. Tis looking great
    EBOLII wrote: »
    yeah those are great captures of the original models. Are there other references taken from the auction? I know just about all the studio models were up for bid

Who cares. Dave has all the references he could possibly need.

M
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,284Member
    mattc wrote: »

M
    Mainly thanks to some unknown guy from Aussieland who knows a bit more about the original models than just where to find the schematics from the Fact Files. :D
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Don't know where you got that idea from- Dave got all the information not just on the 1701 E, but also on the Galaxy Class and all the other models he's ever attempted from Mr. T....
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,284Member
    ^^
    And here I thought he got them from studying Martok´s finished Trek models. ;)

Hope we won´get this too far off-topic.
  • Phoenix_56Phoenix_56331 Posts: 0Member
    Its An impressive piece of work

breathtaking if it ever reaches completion
    Samurai wrote: »
    Don't know where you got that idea from- Dave got all the information not just on the 1701 E, but also on the Galaxy Class and all the other models he's ever attempted from Mr. T....

Mr T....what a legend. :)
  • ModderManModderMan0 Posts: 0Member
    Well it's pretty inpressive :devil:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It really sickens me to see how badly the Ent-D was treated :/ even getting dirty water and grease all over it... great way to go out :( Hopfully the new owner will get it carefully restored
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Well this is about the best looking collection of highly detailed doodads and accurate hull paneling that I've seen in quite a while (if ever). I'm eagerly looking forward to future updates.

On the Christies Auction reference shots: whomever found that image repository is indeed a saint. The original phtographer ould have to be something better than a saint. I can't think of a good name for that. Perhaps a dreamsicle?

On further reference imagery: Where does a man go to find quality reference shots of the Nemesis version of the Sovereign? Or (even harder to find) decent shots of the Pasteur? I've crawled Google image search, Starship Builder, and the major Trek archive sites and have yet to come up with any quality shots. It's depressing.
    Scotchy wrote: »
    On further reference imagery: Where does a man go to find quality reference shots of the Nemesis version of the Sovereign?

Mr T says "There aren't any, fool!" :)

M.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    get the dvd?
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Aye, I have that. Just inquiring of you kind folks to see if there was some motherlode of high quality reference images that I've missed.

I'll just have to make do with my SoTL 2004 spread.
    Scotchy wrote: »
    Aye, I have that. Just inquiring of you kind folks to see if there was some motherlode of high quality reference images that I've missed.

I'll just have to make do with my SoTL 2004 spread.

That's the spirit.

M
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Am I going to see this thing finished at all?
    Sorry to be impatent but I just really want to see this sovy completed.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Gah, you know what Necro-Posting is, Mauiman?
    mattc wrote: »

M

I was refering to captures of NON federation built studio models
    Damn! I have got to start looking at the dates........sorry
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    What makes the 'Nemisis' Ent-E different from the other 2 movies?

I havent seen the films enough to spot the difference
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    What makes the 'Nemisis' Ent-E different from the other 2 movies?

I havent seen the films enough to spot the difference

Well, the physical ILM model used was shorter as the nacelles were moved forwards for some reason, and there were a few things changed or added, probably just like uprgades or minor refits I guess (but in reality, the modellers probably couldn't stop tinkering with the design!!!)...

I can't find the website where I saw the two models compared side-by-side, but when I do I'll post it here... :D